King Injury Factual Updates

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm not posting in this thread because I don't have any facts to post and neither does anybody else who has posted in the thread as far as I can tell.
I would say posting in a thread where the OP has specifically called for factual information without said factual information is the message board poster equivalent of faking an injury. Is it against the site rules here? Not really. Is it ethical? I'll let others decide. But what really pushes my hot button is when someone posts in a thread in such a way that their post is slightly off topic and really does nothing to further the discussion about the original topic or post. Why do people do that??? That should be a bannable offense imo. :cool::whistle:

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
might've been the droopy one or one before.

Yeah, 3rd and 6 just past midfield. About 12:49 first qtr. Snapped his head back pretty good.
I rewatched the play in question. The same play where he left the field favoring his shoulder was the one where 98 hit him with helmet-to-helmet contact. No call. In most games that's a personal foul.

Edit to add: 98 hit Haynes on his helmet with the crown of his helmet. Could have been a targeting call if the refs were paying attention.

Last edited:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I would say posting in a thread where the OP has specifically called for factual information without said factual information is the message board poster equivalent of faking an injury. Is it against the site rules here? Not really. Is it ethical? I'll let others decide. But what really pushes my hot button is when someone posts in a thread in such a way that their post is slightly off topic and really does nothing to further the discussion about the original topic or post. Why do people do that??? That should be a bannable offense imo. :cool::whistle:
Imagine if we were all drinking $2 pitchers at Grumpys & someone asked that we only talk about eigenvalues... & someone mentioned their thoughts that drownproofing was a bit too much.

Life's discourse is anarchy... it's just a matter of scale. But I'm with you @4shotB ... somebody has to do something about it.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Maybe this is factual, maybe not.

I counted 3 possible injury occurrences with King. I’m too lazy to go through my recorded game and pinpoint the time of each. I’m just tired of different events being jumbled up.

Early in the game (first series?) King threw a pass and while his arm was still up a defender hit him in the ribs under his throwing arm. King shook his arm out several times after that play and throughout the game.

Later there was helmet to helmet contact by a defender on King. It seemed to have had effect on King but outcome was unknown.

Another event was a tackle of King on a run (down around the 3 yard line?) and the hit didn’t look particularly bad but after that King continually looked uncomfortable, both in the game and on the sideline, and was removed from the game.

Anything else on my part would be total speculation. I suspect we won’t know anymore until, and if, the coaching staff releases that information.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Imagine if we were all drinking $2 pitchers at Grumpys & someone asked that we only talk about eigenvalues... & someone mentioned their thoughts that drownproofing was a bit too much.

Life's discourse is anarchy... it's just a matter of scale. But I'm with you @4shotB ... somebody has to do something about it.
Dang, you got me thinking of Grumpys and drownproofing. Need a $2 pitcher, ok a $2 beer, ok let's meet up and think about the good ol' days

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck

that's not a discussion I have ever had, nor would have, at Grumpy's, or anywhere. I have no earthly idea what eigenvalues are.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Not against anyone left on our schedule. VMI was the only team we have FAR superior talent compared to the opponent.
Our 2023 O style was pretty varied because defense was still TFP level. In 2024 it is
is punish opponents w utm, never turnover ball, no penalties , complete all short passes, make all field goals, so we beat average or lessor teams at the end of game. To date king is #2 in nation on fewest int and nesr top in completions. Rb and wr are secure ball handlers. King is very fast for any qb, once he gets going (4.5 in 40). He makes defenses have to really worry about a big gain from delayed a qb keep or scramble run.

The defensive intensity of our opponents ( nd, vt, mia, uga ) is way higher than previous teams.
I was hoping king could stsrt making longer passes to keep los open.

As cpj said, it is what it is , so next man up. Pyron can present other problems andd has earned his start. Lets roll.
ol test STARTS THIS SATURDAY

The DL talent will be much tougher going forward.

Last edited:

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe this is factual, maybe not.

I counted 3 possible injury occurrences with King. I’m too lazy to go through my recorded game and pinpoint the time of each. I’m just tired of different events being jumbled up.

Early in the game (first series?) King threw a pass and while his arm was still up a defender hit him in the ribs under his throwing arm. King shook his arm out several times after that play and throughout the game.

Later there was helmet to helmet contact by a defender on King. It seemed to have had effect on King but outcome was unknown.

Another event was a tackle of King on a run (down around the 3 yard line?) and the hit didn’t look particularly bad but after that King continually looked uncomfortable, both in the game and on the sideline, and was removed from the game.

Anything else on my part would be total speculation. I suspect we won’t know anymore until, and if, the coaching staff releases that information.

just think how bad it would be if they did release it. we'd have nothing to discuss here except TFG, play calling, special teams, and a few hundred other things.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I’ll admit, I blew a midterm over dime beer night at Pippin’s one October evening. The tradeoff? I got to see Mr. October become Mr. October for the cheap price of a W on a grade report. Same scenario, I’d probably do it all over again.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I like trains.