King Injury Factual Updates

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Honestly this is the game to do it.

If we are going to beat ND its going to be by controlling the gorund game running the hell out of the QB and catching them with play action. Pyron can do that. And who knows might be a Mathew Jordan vs VT type thing where pyron gets us the win and the starter comes back healthy the next week.
I agree with sitting King if he’s not 100%. And I agree that this is the game to do it since we have good shot at winning some of our other games with a healthy King.

But I totally disagree with the notion that Pyron is just as effective as a runner. Our blocking schemes, for the most part, are not designed for straight ahead power runners. We block for runners who can cut back to the open hole, and runners who can wait for blockers and then accelerate, and runners who can beat the edge player or cornerback to the outside. All of this King can do, which is why he makes our running game go. Pyron runs hard and has good strength. But we lose one dimension of our offense if he replaces King.

Now, on the other hand, maybe he is more accurate on long passes, provided he gets time in the pocket.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I am not so sure. With Pyron likely to get a lot of playing time going forward this year and the talent Philo has, I think it is realistic to say it could realistically happen.

I think you are vastly underestimating King. He is a top tier QB in the conference. The chances of him simply losing the starting job as a senior are not likely at all.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I think you are vastly underestimating King. He is a top tier QB in the conference. The chances of him simply losing the starting job as a senior are not likely at all.
I understand what you are saying but it is not a done deal. I think you are underestimating his competition. We shall see if he stays. May the best man win.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
A couple of facts:

1) I would much rather see a healthy Zach Pyron on the field this Saturday than the diminished medium and long range accuracy from King we've seen the past 2 weeks due to whatever right upper extremity injury he appears to have suffered. It's a fact that that's my opinion.

2) Pyromania is coming in 2025, regardless, and it's going to be awesome. Why not enjoy a sneak preview? It's a fact that that's a question.

1) Agree. Pyron will have packages we haven't seen yet. Faulkner's expansion of the playbook in the offseason wasn't just Haynes King centric...our coaches know what Pyron can bring to the table.

2) Disagree. King will be back for his final season. It may hurt some feelings in the QB room, but everyone has to make the best decision for themselves.

Last edited:

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
As in Folkston, Ga.? One side of family from there and ride through on Amtrak. I live in Jesup and see plenty of trains here.
I’ve never been but have thought about going many times. They have viewing stands and there’s a way to listen to the radio traffic. All southbound freight into Florida has to go through the funnel. Haven’t checked in a while but there was a live cam too.

If you like trains..

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
As I've said before, Pyron starting = Kansas State O. That is, if Buster/Weinke know how to make that work. Pyron is exactly the kind of QB they habitually recruit at KSU. Good passer, strong and fast, but not necessarily cute is their recipe. And it works, provided you have a goodRB to go with it. Enter Haynes/Alexander, stage left. I expect a lot more option reads with Pyron. Sorta like Haynes's run at UNC. That worked because Pyron had run the ball effectively (not great, but effectively). Half the UNC D went with his fake. I wouldn't be surprised if Pyron pulled a Tobias Oliver at VT for us, if he starts.

But let's just hope that King gets the nod, shall we?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
One of two things has to happen:

1. HK gets rested, healthy and ready by Nov. 21, or
2. ZP is up to speed and battle-tested after starting against ND, VT and Miami.

Either way, I think the season will come down to beating NC State on a Thursday night in Atlanta.
So you’re telling me this team has demonstrated to you that they’re going to lose 4 of 5 to close the season - and possibly 5 straight? 🙄