King Injury Factual Updates

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
A lot of people aren’t realizing that the Philo’s and Faulkner’s are extremely close as families. Not sure Pyron will ever get a legitimate shot here. I’ll leave it at that.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot of people aren’t realizing that the Philo’s and Faulkner’s are extremely close as families. Not sure Pyron will ever get a legitimate shot here. I’ll leave it at that.
Pyron is the clear number 2. I don’t care about family ties. We would have saw him in there today if it was clear cut.

also, if Philo gets the job because of family ties to Buster, then that‘s a huge red flag

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
No need to throw this conjecture out there. Faulkner doesn't choose who plays, Weinke does. Position coaches always determine who plays. If it comes down to it and there's a disagreement, Key does. Familial relationships will have nothing to do with playing time. Of all things, this I am sure of.

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
If Pyron didn’t think he’d get a shot he could sit out to portal instead of risking injuries as a battering ram.

Hinting at inside info of strife is hard to sell when his dad has given no indication of that as recently as today.

We’ve seen the play calling in close game situations go extremely conservative all year even with King playing, some people are reading a LOT into six plays or so today.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Familial relationships will have nothing to do with playing time. Of all things, this I am sure of.
You’ve always been steadfast in your belief that politics don’t play a role in college athletic playing time. Which leads me to believe you’ve never been close to a college football program. Just ASK the people inside the program. They know more than you. Of all things, this I am sure of.

Look up Bailey Stockton’s relationship to the Faulkner family and tell me again why Christian Leary lost his job and transferred out.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
If Pyron didn’t think he’d get a shot he could sit out to portal instead of risking injuries as a battering ram.
Pyron isn’t a quitter, but I highly doubt he’ll be here next year regardless of whether King stays

And it’s not inside info. Philo is close to Faulker’s son. Just sharing who I think is next up and why I think it is so

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
You’ve always been steadfast in your belief that politics don’t play a role in college athletic playing time. Which leads me to believe you’ve never been close to a college football program. Just ASK the people inside the program. They know more than you. Of all things, this I am sure of.

Look up Bailey Stockton’s relationship to the Faulkner family and tell me again why Christian Leary lost his job and transferred out.
Leary didn't lose his job to Stockton he lost it to a healthy chase lane

Jolly Good Fellow
If they let him loose and don’t treat him as a wildcat QB he gives us a great shot to win. Kid loves Ga. Tech could have transferred but stayed as the #2 guy. I wouldn’t choose another backup in the country that is seasoned, smart and loves the game
Love Pyron. Because he loves GT. And he is very tough kid. I think HK plays next week but, if he doesn't, it's Zach's offense to run. Frankly, I hope they RS Philo. We are OK at QB.

Techastrophe

Jolly Good Fellow
This is the perfect point in the season to unleash some secret weapons. More offensive looks and/or QBs that enemies haven't seen on tape would be one. Clean substitutions, assignments, play calls would be another.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Pyron isn’t a quitter, but I highly doubt he’ll be here next year regardless of whether King stays

And it’s not inside info. Philo is close to Faulker’s son. Just sharing who I think is next up and why I think it is so
Whoever the staff thinks can make the Tess as m Better will be the QB next year.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
This is the thing about Pyron. The man has pride and is a competitor. Is he the same kind of gunslinger type that King is at times? No, a different breed of cat but Notre Dame will regret it if they take him lightly. Pyron reminds me of what Bear Bryant said about his quarterback (Pat Trammell) before Joe Namath came along: Asked a reporter: Does he have a great arm? Bear: Nope Is he a good runner? Bear "Nope." Well, what can he do? Bear walking away: "Win ball games"
Same thing was the case with our Billy Lotheridge. He did not practice well, was not an elite passer, and was also slow afoot. The thing he did best was win football games and finished 2nd in Heisman voting to Staubach.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Well the coaches had him on a leash today. That sends a bad message to the entire team. Teams rarely win with this mindset. Fortunately UNC shat the bed worse than us.
Direct quote from the announcers: “I don’t know why they even consider passing the ball.” This was with King in the game, in the third quarter. We were running all over them, and I imagine we would’ve run the ball if King was in the game as well. We were up 10, trying to burn the clock.