King Injury Factual Updates

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
A healthy Pyron is our best chance against ND with a full week of practice versus an injured King and a limited offense in IMO. And King will not be healed by Monday I would think. A decision needs to be made tomorrow and go all in on it.
Yep. And don’t say a damn word about it to anyone before the game Saturday.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A healthy Pyron is our best chance against ND with a full week of practice versus an injured King and a limited offense in IMO. And King will not be healed by Monday I would think. A decision needs to be made tomorrow and go all in on it.

100%. I trust the staff to make the right decision.

My bias has always been to play the backup more for just this reason. But I've been told I'm wrong for over a decade. (But right once a decade?)

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Coming out of the tent without the helmet simply means he knew he wasn't going back in the game. It doesn't necessarily mean he had a concussion. I watched the whole game and never once saw him take a hit on the head.

he took a cheap helmet to helmet after an incompletion that wasn't called early in the game. It was after that play that his shoulder was drooping. I connect those dots during the game though.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Since there is no factual information about King, this is the thread to prevent all other threads from going off the rails. It won’t work.
As you know in forensic/ safety accident/ etc incident, the review of the time line is very important. Instead of just focusing on the result you get to root cause to learn how to prevent reoccurrence. Did a small issue in one area lead to excessive risk taking in another.
Stats
When did we see indications of passing number decline?
Scuse 26 of 32 no int 50 yds rushing n
Louisville 22 of 32 passing no int and 73 yds rushing. Duke 23 -31 and 32 yds rushing, UNC 11-22 and 110 yds rushing
His completion percentage decline from near top in nation( S cuse) , to a perfotmance 50 % in unc, but before last play (jh70 rd td) in game he had 10 rushes for 110 yds to lead the team.
In spite of lower percent completion at unc - he still has nation leading low in Int =1.
In duke could King be playing safe on passes and just putting pass in place where NO INT? Pretty small dataset.

Eye ball -

King had to tell players were to line up.

Sure was on target on many throws - especially when he threw with velocity. Some throws were way off.

Must have been nagging hand injury so the hoped to " runnn the bawlll" , which requires king to get chunks of the rushing.
(PS unc fumbled 2 times and gt did not fumble ( stick that TFP)).

Would prefer to not be so dependent on qb running , but seems like coach insists on zero turn overs.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
100%. I trust the staff to make the right decision.

My bias has always been to play the backup more for just this reason. But I've been told I'm wrong for over a decade. (But right once a decade?)
Will we ever be far enough ahead to sub in second team qb?
Agsinst a duke, or unc key find a way to get a package of plays for pyron, blackbun, stockton, etc and just flat out put them in for a series.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
So I wanted to point out a few things I notice about King and it relates to his injuries:
- He has always had a weird way of taking contact when he runs. It seems about 90% of the time when he gets tackled he tends to tense up and embrace the hit in an awkward way. As my coaches would say my whole life, you either deliver the hit or receive it and he always seems to receive it to me. Go back and watch several of his running plays and see if you guys agree.
- because of this, he tends to look hobbled when he gets up from every tackle, I always joke with the people around me that I swear he gets dinged up everytime he runs the ball because he always looks some form of gimpy after runs. I think because of the way he takes hits and curls his body up it actually causes more damage to him than it should.
-in the game it was obvious he was hurt at the start even before taking the hit to the shoulder as he was throwing cans of corn out there and overthrowing receivers by 10+ yards. He didn’t even remotely look the same QB out there.
- he did have some great scrambles and runs and I appreciate his heart, but with him being this dinged up, he is a liability out there. Pyron should have went in a lot sooner and they need to let him run the offense. He is plenty capable as Pyron can throw the ball (see 2022) and he runs hard and pretty quick.
-I hope if king is still really dinged up, they prepare Pyron to play the full game and for god sake let the guy throw the ball.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
he took a cheap helmet to helmet after an incompletion that wasn't called early in the game. It was after that play that his shoulder was drooping. I connect those dots during the game though.
Yep. On 98. I was kinda shocked no flag. I thought you couldn't hit the QB in the head period, much less with the crown of your helmet. That's was some BS, but not surprising considering the opponent. I remember a game at BDS circa 2015 where our future NFL DL Gotsis got thrown out for merely touching face masks with his head straight up on a wrap up sack of the tar heel QB.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
he took a cheap helmet to helmet after an incompletion that wasn't called early in the game. It was after that play that his shoulder was drooping.
Yep. On 98.
What play was this? It wasn't the one immediately after the one where his shoulder was drooping, since that play was third down and then we punted. Unless I'm misunderstanding the play you are referring to.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
What play was this? It wasn't the one immediately after the one where his shoulder was drooping, since that play was third down and then we punted. Unless I'm misunderstanding the play you are referring to.

might've been the droopy one or one before. He threw a pass with a bit of commotion around him, and tarhole came in a few seconds after release and hit in the facemask with his helmet. I thought was automatic targeting.

After that hit, it seemed to me, that he was nursing his shoulder, which surprised me after a helmet hit to the face.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, 3rd and 6 just past midfield. About 12:49 first qtr. Snapped his head back pretty good.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Will we ever be far enough ahead to sub in second team qb?
Agsinst a duke, or unc key find a way to get a package of plays for pyron, blackbun, stockton, etc and just flat out put them in for a series.
Not against anyone left on our schedule. VMI was the only team we have FAR superior talent compared to the opponent.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
So I wanted to point out a few things I notice about King and it relates to his injuries:
- He has always had a weird way of taking contact when he runs. It seems about 90% of the time when he gets tackled he tends to tense up and embrace the hit in an awkward way. As my coaches would say my whole life, you either deliver the hit or receive it and he always seems to receive it to me. Go back and watch several of his running plays and see if you guys agree.
- because of this, he tends to look hobbled when he gets up from every tackle, I always joke with the people around me that I swear he gets dinged up everytime he runs the ball because he always looks some form of gimpy after runs. I think because of the way he takes hits and curls his body up it actually causes more damage to him than it should.
-in the game it was obvious he was hurt at the start even before taking the hit to the shoulder as he was throwing cans of corn out there and overthrowing receivers by 10+ yards. He didn’t even remotely look the same QB out there.
- he did have some great scrambles and runs and I appreciate his heart, but with him being this dinged up, he is a liability out there. Pyron should have went in a lot sooner and they need to let him run the offense. He is plenty capable as Pyron can throw the ball (see 2022) and he runs hard and pretty quick.
-I hope if king is still really dinged up, they prepare Pyron to play the full game and for god sake let the guy throw the ball.
For HL’s sake, too. I get playing hurt, but for a QB, your throwing hand and shoulder is critical.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is the thread about factual information about King ?
How's that going?
Education Leading GIF by Team Kennedy