Kiffin on NIL and Portal

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Yeah, it’s a crapshoot and gamble for the player but so is signing with a school out of high school. Look at Demetrius Knight. Dude was a stud and signed with GT and then had a disastrous career at GT, none of his own making, because of the dude who ran the program who played the wrong players. If Knight were an incoming freshman now instead of 4 years ago he could be a top tier player for us. Most of those who transfer will never be heard from again even if they get a little playing time but the option of the portal should have been instituted long ago.

And if we lose players every year then that’s on the coaching staff. Say King comes out slinging it and lights it up. You better believe Key and Faulkner‘s number 1 item would be to re-sign him for next year because the Kiffen’s and Riley’s will be calling. That’s part of the job description for the staff.

Knight was a stud?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Wasn’t Lane scheduled to take the Auburn job without any consequences? No need to punish football & basketball athletes with with everyone else can leave at a drop of a dime

Most contracts come with a buyout clause if a coach leaves early. It's usually paid for by the new university as part of the negations at the new place but it is there.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
He is in a job that requires him to compete with Bama, UGA, TENN, LSU, FLA, TAM, etc plus TX, OK, and he doesn't have the resources they have. He is doing what he has to do to try and compete and he is taking advantage of the current situation in college football. I don't care for him but can understand why he is poaching. At least he is admitting how flawed the system has become. What is happening now is ruining college football for all but a few teams.
Agree. Speaking about the system is about as much as he can do at this point and still be competitive and still have a job. I don’t like him but I get why he doesn’t want to be a martyr when the system is not going to be changed by his sacrifice.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
He did really well at a small school before college. To me that didn’t mean he’d be great in college 🤷🏼‍♂️
Well, the previous guy never gave him a chance yet gave playing time to guys who won 3 games a year. Small high school or not Knight was better than many players who led the mighty Jackets to 3 win seasons. But you guys can keep believing that the previous guy played the right players while we finished just about last in the ACC in every statistical category year after year.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Well, the previous guy never gave him a chance yet gave playing time to guys who won 3 games a year. Small high school or not Knight was better than many players who led the mighty Jackets to 3 win seasons. But you guys can keep believing that the previous guy played the right players while we finished just about last in the ACC in every statistical category year after year.

I absolutely don’t think Collins played the right chart. I think he screwed Knight on jerking him aeound positions non stop. I just think he was probably a little bit “man among boys” in hs due to small Christian school. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t talented.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Who Knight should’ve played over?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
He is in a job that requires him to compete with Bama, UGA, TENN, LSU, FLA, TAM, etc plus TX, OK, and he doesn't have the resources they have. He is doing what he has to do to try and compete and he is taking advantage of the current situation in college football. I don't care for him but can understand why he is poaching. At least he is admitting how flawed the system has become. What is happening now is ruining college football for all but a few teams.
There is something about Kiffin that he rubs a lot of people the wrong way. When he worked for Saban as his offensive coordinator Kiffin showed just how good he was in directing an offense but Saban despised him anyway.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I keep saying it, the NCAA needs to re-institute the 1 year ineligible rule if an SA transfers. The ineligible year won't count against his 4 years of eligibility. Let's see how many schools are willing to pay an SA to "sit" for year. SAs that graduate will be able to play immediately upon transferring.

I think that would stop a LOT of tampering.
Still hoping this could happen once we’re 4 years past covid. 2025?

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Anyone waiting for anything from the NCAA is going to be frustrated until death. The NCAA is the biggest organized crime syndicate we’ve ever seen. Anything that causes its demise I will support which is why I have no problem with NIL and the portal and the playoff system. Decades of watching the NCAA turn a blind eye to total corruption while giving the small schools the death penalty or stripped titles has led me to despise them. Watching them allow bowl execs to totally control the final top 10 rankings for decade after decade makes me love the playoff and impending expanded playoffs.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
The NCAA is the biggest organized crime syndicate we’ve ever seen.

> FIFA has entered the chat.

(But otherwise, I agree with most of what you say below.)

Decades of watching the NCAA turn a blind eye to total corruption while giving the small schools the death penalty or stripped titles has led me to despise them. Watching them allow bowl execs to totally control the final top 10 rankings for decade after decade makes me love the playoff and impending expanded playoffs.

Suavehouse

Georgia Tech Fan
Who Knight should’ve played over?
Easy for you to ask that question since other players got to play more than he did, you got to see what they could do and GC knew what he had out there on the field was subpar to what Knight could do. 36 games 51 tackles wasn’t enough to give him more time TO CONTRIBUTE in games that we’re already lost before half time? Make it make sense. It’s all good he’s making a name for himself at Charlotte.

Suavehouse

Georgia Tech Fan
Easy for you to ask that question since other players got to play more than he did, you got to see what they could do and GC knew what he had out there on the field was subpar to what Knight could do. 36 games 51 tackles wasn’t enough to give him more time TO CONTRIBUTE in games that we’re already lost before half time? Make it make sense. It’s all good he’s making a name for himself at
Of course it had nothing to do with Knight not being a high level college player. Where is he playing this year?