Ken's article on Pastner's recruiting misses for 2019

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hey man... It's cool.

The average GT fan is assumed to not bother reading more than the local paper, the AJC, so the AJC's production of a substandard product is assumed as acceptable because the average GT fan doesn't know any better.

I fully understand.

The snark is high with this one. I approve.

The unfortunate reality is, half of GT students don't even know our school plays sports or don't even care.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around....

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The snark is high with this one. I approve.

The unfortunate reality is, half of GT students don't even know our school plays sports or don't even care.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around....

I only get to a few ACC hoops games each season and the student turn out is generally good, but let's go down that path so we can start talking about the quality of what The Technique's sports page is nowadays.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I only get to a few ACC hoops games each season and the student turn out is generally good, but let's go down that path so we can start talking about the quality of what The Technique's sports page is nowadays.

I'm tapping out. I already died on the AJC GT sports hill. I'm good for the day.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Fans complaining about perceived negative coverage and bias against their team is the lamest and dumbest common theme on every sports message board on the planet. It's ****ing tiresome and a waste of energy.

Nothing wrong with Ken or the article.
I notice you didn’t include the AJC in your exoneration.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Fans complaining about perceived negative coverage and bias against their team is the lamest and dumbest common theme on every sports message board on the planet. It's ****ing tiresome and a waste of energy.

Nothing wrong with Ken or the article.

Thanks for the confirmation ole chap...We can all rest easy now.

GT_EE78

Banned

cruel video, intro to a great song then some dumb guy yells victory and the song gets cut off ...
(by the way Mel Gibson yells Freedom much better than this guys yells victory) but here's the rest of the song

(if u don't have the patience to wait for the good part then Eric starts wailing about the 4 min mark)

slugboy

Staff member
Ken is terrible at his job. He doesn't understand the sports he covers. He asks questions that the dumbest and least informed people on this board would ask. Pastner suffers fools pretty well so he probably isn't that annoyed by it.

That paper decided a long time ago it would not pay for talent. There is a reason Ken has stayed.

I think Steve Hummer does well. Jeff Schultz was their best writer, though.

ETA: That is damning with faint praise, there.

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
clearly this dawg fan is just beating a dead horse.(tho its true the horse is dead , the 2019 early signing period was over and reported on a long time ago)
only about 30 days to go in this late period, hopefully CJP can make him eat his words by signing the two grad transfers we need now plus a big who will be ready year after next.
Right. Michigan grad who grew up on the North Shore of Chicago and went to New Trier High School. Seguira is no way a dawg fan.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Tried rocky road last night. Happy?

I'm a third of the way to becoming an ice cream snob. :oops:

If you ever find yourself in Covington, try Scoops in the old square. They're pretty fantastic as well. Your KG jr's would enjoy it as well as it's an ice cream place full of other deserts.

https://www.scoopsicecream.com/

EDIT:

Apparently they have other locations...but they're just as far away as Covington.

Last edited: