Ken's article on Pastner's recruiting misses for 2019

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
A very (no, extremely) small percentage of the AJC readers know KQ exists. Ken does not target Swarm posters as his target audience. Most of the info in that piece was old news to us. But, my son, a tech grad, told me tonight that it was all news to him. We are not the universe of sports fans. We are a small subset.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like you’re one of the only people here defending the dumbass. Maybe you are Ken. If so, your articles and overall coverage of GT sucks sir.

On a serious note, you can slice it however you would like, but if you’re being honest with yourself, there was nothing newsworthy about the article. It wreaked of regurgitated bull****!

No, I just call BS when I see it. Sorry I can't wear gold tinted glasses all of the time.

Reality is, we live in a bubble where all of us share information, so a lot of what the AJC, the Athletic, and the recruiting services tends to get regurgitated in various forms that already appeared on this board or others. Believe it or not, we aren't the only GT fans that exists, so the stuff on those publications that we've known about for weeks or months is new to everyone outside of this little circle (or whatever board).

This isn't me "defending" Ken as much as pointing out how silly all of us are being...especially you since you're choosing to use such harsh language. If it affects you to the point you're attacking people on message boards maybe a little anger counseling or re-assessment of your life is in order.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
You guys sound bitter. Ken is just doing his job and did it well in this article - his job is to report on Jackets basketball, not to sugar coat things or promote the brand like Bradley University's program would have you believe. This isn't a strong program as much as our gold-tinted glasses want us to believe it is and news articles are going to reflect that.

Additionally I didn't get the negative vibe you all got from this. There are lots of compliments from AAU coaches in it for Pastner.

+1

Proof that if you want to, you find something wrong/negative in the article.

Was there anything in it that was not true? He didn't have to have any "positive" comments from the coaches.

BTW today, 4/17 was the beginning of the late signing period. So one good are you that it is a timely article, not the stale article.

Last edited:

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No, I just call BS when I see it. Sorry I can't wear gold tinted glasses all of the time.

Reality is, we live in a bubble where all of us share information, so a lot of what the AJC, the Athletic, and the recruiting services tends to get regurgitated in various forms that already appeared on this board or others. Believe it or not, we aren't the only GT fans that exists, so the stuff on those publications that we've known about for weeks or months is new to everyone outside of this little circle (or whatever board).

This isn't me "defending" Ken as much as pointing out how silly all of us are being...especially you since you're choosing to use such harsh language. If it affects you to the point you're attacking people on message boards maybe a little anger counseling or re-assessment of your life is in order.

Sorry Ken, I did not mean to offend you by using such harsh language. Please excuse me while go reassess my life. Get over yourself dude!

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The anger in you is enough to burn down Notre Dame Cathedral...

...oh, wait...

Unfortunate that you would even attempt to make light or reference such a terrible event. That said, you know absolutely nothing about me, and I’ll exit on that note.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
A very (no, extremely) small percentage of the AJC readers know KQ exists. Ken does not target Swarm posters as his target audience. Most of the info in that piece was old news to us. But, my son, a tech grad, told me tonight that it was all news to him. We are not the universe of sports fans. We are a small subset.
+1

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunate that you would even attempt to make light or reference such a terrible event.

Terrible? The plague was terrible. World Wars are terrible. Not having health insurance is terrible.

An old building burning down is unfortunate. No one died, and I thank the good lord no one did.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Can y'all just make like 13 year old girls and agree to not speak to each other and passive aggressively talk about wach other behind each other's backs?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Can y'all just make like 13 year old girls and agree to not speak to each other and passive aggressively talk about wach other behind each other's backs?

Tonight, I had Haagen Dazs Green Tea Ice Cream and it was easily a better Ice Cream decision than you've ever made.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Yeah but it’s national signing day.

...and neither of the 2 guys GT is getting this cycle (Usher, Price) are mentioned in that article. No worries, not much changes in 6 months...it's not like GT will get smacked for infractions in that time...

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You might not want to click on the article, but the AJC also ran a story about the uga basketball signing day. We are where we are, It isn't comfortable, but it's our reality.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
...and neither of the 2 guys GT is getting this cycle (Usher, Price) are mentioned in that article. No worries, not much changes in 6 months...it's not like GT will get smacked for infractions in that time...

Yeah they just signed. The article regarding our signees will be a thanksgiving special edition.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Yeah they just signed. The article regarding our signees will be a thanksgiving special edition.

LOL. You, DTM, Connell, and Bwelbo looking at Ken S right now:

meangirlsphotoessaymain.jpg

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

And neither were widely reported previously, including by the AJC.

Oh wait...

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/usc-jordan-usher-transfers-georgia-tech/RQJTtUB8cQU1sSIcHwqosN/

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/guard-keenan-price-commits-georgia-tech/fojlODxkf0AiQdRx8on8SL/

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Come on man, now you're arguing just to be difficult...which I get, because I'm guilty of it (alot...:whistle:). You're smart enough to know the difference between each and the overall review of what happened to this class.

Eat more haagen daz...