JT's future role

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
At orange bowl I was sitting a field level right when jt " jetted" behind the right tackle and left everybody in dirt. He was gliding through the hole then hit the gas.

I think he has had to bulk up to take the pounding at qb. When he runs in the combine I predict 4.39. IMO his top end in 40 is less impressive than his acceleration at midrange.

I agree with everything you wrote assuming it is a mistype that you think he's getting a shot a QB in the NFL. He's fast, he accelerates quickly, but the NFL has other plans for him than QB.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I agree with everything you wrote assuming it is a mistype that you think he's getting a shot a QB in the NFL. He's fast, he accelerates quickly, but the NFL has other plans for him than QB.
Pretty sure he meant he had to bulk up to take the hits as qb for Tech, not to prepare for the NFL

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Actually not thinking qb.

Was trying to highlite his speed in first part of 40 as being useful as a slot receiver.

calvin forever

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't think he would last as a slot receiver.

JT is pretty comparable to Wes Welker and Tavon Austin in stature. Not saying he'll have that type of career, but his size doesn't rule out playing the slot. Not to mention, JT proved able to handle the physicality of being an option qb...so not sure where you're coming from.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I don't think he would last as a slot receiver.
I'm with you. I know he would compete, but there really is no template for him. The kid at Clemson comes to mind, but he actually is a lot bigger than Thomas, just from the standups on TV. I'm sure his numbers are inflated to, but I am still really, really curious about how big Thomas really is. So, go to the combines and get measured, and good luck. I jusr don't know enough about pro ball to figure out if there is a position he could play.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
JT is pretty comparable to Wes Welker and Tavon Austin in stature. Not saying he'll have that type of career, but his size doesn't rule out playing the slot. Not to mention, JT proved able to handle the physicality of being an option qb...so not sure where you're coming from.
Comparable in stature, but might not be in durability. Slot receivers are tough as nails. Steve Smith was a bad man.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
JT lasted, but he never embraced getting hit...

calvin forever

Georgia Tech Fan
JT lasted, but he never embraced getting hit...

The ability to avoid the big hit is why lasted...the same kind shiftiness that helps earn some YAC.

Of course I don't even know if he can catch the ball. Just playing devil's advocate since you seem to want to go out of your way to tell us all that he has no future in the NFL. Could turn out to be true, but then why the senior bowl invite?

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
The ability to avoid the big hit is why lasted...the same kind shiftiness that helps earn some YAC.

Of course I don't even know if he can catch the ball. Just playing devil's advocate since you seem to want to go out of your way to tell us all that he has no future in the NFL. Could turn out to be true, but then why the senior bowl invite?
I didn't say he had no future, I just said I don't think he would last as a slot guy.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck

Bc people were injured..

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I had guessed 4.45 early on as an over and under prediction for his forty. Since he is a tenth under that, he may not be SEC fast but I think he has a decent shot at the NFL.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
IMG_0586.PNG
Yeah buddy, I already ate crow.