Jonesing for some updates from practice

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Breton King was pretty good in HS with 165 touch backs. I think college is 5 yards further? But he is older to get that extra 5 yards. I'm more worried about FG accuracy in actual D1 games. Time will tell. Like the first game........... http://247sports.com/player/brenton-king-46037583

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Breton King was pretty good in HS with 165 touch backs. I think college is 5 yards further? But he is older to get that extra 5 yards. I'm more worried about FG accuracy in actual D1 games. Time will tell. Like the first game........... http://247sports.com/player/brenton-king-46037583
He was also booting them out of the end zone. So I think he could at least kick it 5 yards into the end zone, which a lot of guys won't bring out.

Yjacket82

Georgia Tech Fan
I've only seen that we are missing FGs in practice and scrimmage. While no one makes all their FGs, it seems there are more misses including the first scrimmage. There have been no end of practice videos like with Butker making a 50+ yarder and players saying "We're going to Charlotte.". (But FWIW I think that was 2015 and we sure didn't go far, though no fault of Butker's.)

When do the GT depth charts come out - next Tuesday? We'll see then, to some extent.

Who is Bulovas behind on the Bama depth chart? If he only gets to kick FGs his Sr year or not at all, you'll probably be right. But if he kicks for 3 or 4 years, he probably made a good football decision (IMHO). The kid went to Bama since his major is football. GT lost out as you said.
He is currently paying out-of-state tuition to try out for AL.

gt365

Georgia Tech Fan
Freeman's freshman season really set the bar high and I think the coaches kept believing they could get him playing at that level again. Maybe he is hurt, but he has gone from 4.5 to 3 to 0.5 sacks since he's been here. Hindsight is 20/20 but I'm wondering if we would have been better moving him to mike LB where he could play off the line and defend the run. I'm not trying to be mean to the guy but a stat-line like his from the WDE position as a junior should have had him riding the pine last year. I swear I'm not trying to turn this into a Ted Roof thread but on offense I see coach willing to move guys around if something isn't working, but like someone else said earlier it feels like the coaches on D set the depth chart and then dig in their heels and refuse to change personelle.

Either way I hope the front 7 shows up for the Tennessee game and some of the better underclassmen get rotated in to get some experienced depth at those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gt365

Georgia Tech Fan
Amen, about not willing to move guys around and refuse to change personnel. IMO play the best guys out there etc....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If this is true, then Bulovas is extremely stupid. He is at the right school.

I agree. Unless he's willing / able to pay tuition in order to free up a scholly to someone else. Call me a skeptic on this though.

I think he's more than good enough to earn a scholly, but if he pulls a hammy, gets injured, etc....Saban will kick him to the curb so fast his head will spin off its axis. And he gave up a sure scholly from us, and likely others, to put himself in a potentially precarious position.

MountPGT1990

Banned
Please tell me CPJ is going to do an interview today after practice, what's the deal? practice updates are non-exisitant and/or top secret these days.....I'm Jonesing again for more updates. Really curious if CL is going to make it back by Monday

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Usually, CPJ is a pretty good indicator of what kind of team we have. On the one hand he's been pretty grumpy, which is a bad sign. On the other hand this whole secretive, mysterious thing is completely new and I don't know what to make of it.

Between MJ not practicing well and then getting hurt, Mills dismissal, and CPJ's general grumpiness, it's hard to be very optimistic for the season.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They decided to wait till Monday for an interview... all he was doing was repeating anyways. I miss the days of longer practice clips.

MountPGT1990

Banned
Usually, CPJ is a pretty good indicator of what kind of team we have. On the one hand he's been pretty grumpy, which is a bad sign. On the other hand this whole secretive, mysterious thing is completely new and I don't know what to make of it.

Between MJ not practicing well and then getting hurt, Mills dismissal, and CPJ's general grumpiness, it's hard to be very optimistic for the season.

Yeah, this year has been very difficult trying to read the CPJ tea leaves. I don't really know what to expect....he loves our Oline and we have a freshman QB getting a ton of reps with the 1s. Going to be interesting for sure. I don't know what to think about Tenn game....I can see a close hard fought battle or us winning by 14+. If we can just win the first game, I think there's a realistic chance to be undefeated heading to the Thursday night showdown with Miami.