Jonesing for some updates from practice

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
They decided to wait till Monday for an interview... all he was doing was repeating anyways. I miss the days of longer practice clips.
It was getting uncomfortable with all the same questions day in and day out. Not that I blame the reporters. They have to stand up there and ask something. 9 days everyone:)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Joseph Bulovas is going to rue the day he decommitted from GT to ride the at Bama. We really needed his ability this year. Brenton King is good but I dont think he has beat out the walk on kicker convincingly which is worrisome.

Bulovas is overrated. He was fairly average in HS actually kicking in games. He was around 50% his senior year kicking FGs, and I believe around 60% for his HS career. I believe it was documented in his recruiting thread. That #1 rating may have been earned in camps, but give me a kid who's making them in games. It's tougher in college due to the rules change.

Brenton King didn't attend many camps, and he spent his offseason playing soccer so he never focused 100% on football. That will change at GT. I think he'll struggle some as s freshmen, as most any freshmen usually does because of the adjustment, but I think King will be a good one. Even Butker struggeled a bit early in his career at GT.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No news means no news. I keep telling myself that. We know less than usual and will just live that for nine more days. Unfortunately we will probably only hear bad things like who can't play due to injury.

I had asked about Adams and whether he was playing. To me that's a big deal, and no one answered even though some on here know. I guess I'm glad that no one answered since it's not released info.

I agree. Unless he's willing / able to pay tuition in order to free up a scholly to someone else. Call me a skeptic on this though.

I think he's more than good enough to earn a scholly, but if he pulls a hammy, gets injured, etc....Saban will kick him to the curb so fast his head will spin off its axis. And he gave up a sure scholly from us, and likely others, to put himself in a potentially precarious position.
Payments being forwarded to an account in the Caymans.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You guys forget how well CPJ does at scheming. He's up to something, and if secrecy is the key to winning this year I am all for it. We only have a week and few days to wait to find out his master plan. Be patient!
Well, I dunno. I have a lot of faith in the Atlanta edition of the old ball coach, but right now I am halfway into Rick Atkinson's trilogy of the U.S. Army in Europe in WWII, and in a literary sense scraping uphill with our guys for every bloody yard in the mountains of Italy. I find when the generals here, including sunny Ike, are grumpy and sullen and not forthcoming, they have reasons. I will cross my fingers and hope for football misdirection and remember that in the end Italy came out more or less kind of okay for us. I just hope the analogy is worse than the doing.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Usually, CPJ is a pretty good indicator of what kind of team we have. On the one hand he's been pretty grumpy, which is a bad sign. On the other hand this whole secretive, mysterious thing is completely new and I don't know what to make of it.

Between MJ not practicing well and then getting hurt, Mills dismissal, and CPJ's general grumpiness, it's hard to be very optimistic for the season.
CPJ is always somewhat grumpy after practice. He's been like that his entire tenure here. It means nothing, that's just how he rolls.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Is it just me or does anyone else have an uneasy feeling about the start of this season, especially with all of the unknowns? I feel like we are on the fence of a 9-10 win season or possibly a 5-6 win season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe that the UT game will be an indicator of how the season will end. Questions about a starting QB & Bback doesn't give me a confident feeling right now.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Paul Johnson disagrees.
If I recall correctly Johnson once said football is numbers and angles and the team with the numbers and angles on any given play should win that play. Left unsaid was the obvious: great players make great plays. I think we have decided football is cliches.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
I believe that the UT game will be an indicator of how the season will end. Questions about a starting QB & Bback doesn't give me a confident feeling right now.
Don't think UT will be a season indicator; both teams have big question marks for the first game.

We have undeniable talent at QB and Bb, but what concerns me more than anything is the mesh. If the starters (whoever it is) can sell the mesh, it'll go a long way towards the O being able to move the chains.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Running hard on the dive and getting push sets up the mesh. If the Bback can prove he's a threat...the mesh will sell itself. We just can't **** it up with fumbles.