JJ Green

flounder

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe it's my hatred for all things dwag clouding my judgement but I don't have much use for guys that chose to go there after we heavily recruited them and then decide to come crawling back to Tech once they get to the cesspool and get screwed. Particularly Green who was an a-back in high school and new damn well what he was doing when he opted to not play in our offense and try and be a tailback in Athens. Maybe I would feel a little different had we not even recruited the guy. Douglas can especially go to hell since he went as far as to commit to us. I wouldn't take Douglas even as a walk on if he left Athens. As for Green he can pound sand. We don't need their leftovers. I'm more excited about all these freshmen a-backs we have coming in. By the time Green is eligible some of these incoming freshmen will have hopefully contributed and established themselves leaving Green way down the depth chart. This may have sounded like sour grapes but it's what makes this such a bitter rivalry. To Hell with Georgia.

"Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool" Isaiah 1:18

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yes. Joking. BUT, he will need some kind of exorcism when he gets here. There can absolutely be no cross mojination of any kind.

I agree, we have seen how important chemistry is on the team. We lost talent over the summer, but for what ever reason, mostly attributed by CPJ to a desire to get better, we are much better than last year. I'm sure CPJ and staff are very aware of chemistry and getting the right type of player here. Hopefully the conversation started off, "So you want to come to GT to block? You do that well and you'll see playing time, chance to prove that you can block and the ball occasionally. And oh, by the way you'll have a better shot at the NFL because of the yards per carry. And getting a degree that pays real money."

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Smart kid who was offered by Stanford. Also played AB in HS so to some extent knows the offense and has a mature body. Plus helps balance classes a little as 3 incoming ABs will have5 to play 4 and he has 3 to play 2.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
This kind of stuff in the SEC is like child labor. If one school (cough*Bama*cough) does it, everybody else has to if they are looking to compete for the conference crown. Integrity has very little to do with that.
QFT---see Dooley's quote on the Jan Kemp thingy.

Truittfields39

Georgia Tech Fan
Wow. He'll be able to play when Xavier Gantt is a freshman (assuming he commits here). Throw in a sophmore Cottrell, and the speed and quickness at A-back between those guys will be crazy. Plus we'll have MLD and Leggett at B-back and a senior JT at QB. That backfield will be insane.
That back field, assuming they all end up playing offense (cough* Marcus Allen *cough), would be outstanding. Very exciting times here, these days. Sucks we have to wait though... It's like someone telling you that you can't open your Christmas presents until NEXT Christmas.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I don't see the problem myself. The young man is a good athlete, a decent student, and, by all reports, well-balanced and serious. His coming to Tech also helps resolve - albeit a year late - a depth problem at AB. I don't see a downside to this scenario.

But then, while I bow to no one in my general distaste for the Dwags, I don't hold going there against any young person. People have different reasons for going different places and transferring from one college to another is very common. I hope Green has a great career at Tech and I'm glad he decided to transfer.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A hearty welcome to our newest member of the GT family, JJ Green. Young man, you will never regret your decision to get your education on the Flats.

In retrospect, given my career path, GT was probably not the best fit, but I've never regretted my decision to go to GT. Not once. Not ever.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree with those on here who say to give him a chance. If Vandy, Duke, Stanford and GT offer you, you're probably a pretty good student. I don't feel about him the way most seem to about Douglas, who switched commitments late in the game. We'll need as many good AB's as possible after all the Seniors leaving this year.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Who says he won't play D? He had been moved there at UGAg. I know he would probably love to play AB, but kids leave programs for all kinds of reasons. He wasn't getting on the field at either spot. I would imagine he would be happy to be playing, whether or not that's on offense.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Who says he won't play D? He had been moved there at UGAg. I know he would probably love to play AB, but kids leave programs for all kinds of reasons. He wasn't getting on the field at either spot. I would imagine he would be happy to be playing, whether or not that's on offense.

I thought I heard reports that he wanted to play RB at his next stop. Can anyone confirm this?

96Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We have a much bigger need at A-back than DB anyways, so it wouldn't make much sense to put him in the secondary. Of course, what is a need now may not be in a year's time but we simply don't have numbers at A-back.