JG to start?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Does he have hands like that?
I think they put him in the slot and run plays like they have already run this year.
The thing I noticed with Camp is 1) his build dude is a physical beast and 2) he seems to snatch the ball out of the air and doesn’t let hit come to him. He’s very aggressive. I wonder about TO having hands like that.

99in99

Georgia Tech Fan
I like Tobias also, however our coaching staff is forcing there scheme on the talent they have, they gave shown they are not capable of game planning for the talent they have.. instead the players have to fit their system..... Thus why we have lost the last two games....

So let start JG and grow from their.... I am sure Tobias will graduate and can transfer and still gets NFL Look just like Parker...

Not sure about the staff not being capable. I think it's more "not being interested" in staying with a run-oriented scheme but rather, moving forward with their more-balanced approach.

It's not terribly difficult to dial up running plays.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
The thing I noticed with Camp is 1) his build dude is a physical beast and 2) he seems to snatch the ball out of the air and doesn’t let hit come to him. He’s very aggressive. I wonder about TO having hands like that.

TO played WR in high school, too. Even once he became QB1 and Northside, they would put him out there with the backup QB and get the ball to him in space.

bos

Helluva Engineer
If the team is going to lose tons of games anyways, better do it with the freshman QB with strongest arm and most potential.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Graham with Oliver in the flex. Gets both play makers on the field. Also lets Oliver return kicks. Oliver just has that wiggle to make people miss and find pace. Graham has the arm if he can get the touch on medium throws down.
This is where I hope we end up by the end of the year. When we had both these guys on the field we were really moving the ball well (compared to the rest of this year).

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
If true, I am 100% on board. While I think there is an argument that TO still gives us the best chance to win today, this season is already a waste. Lets go ahead and start actually building towards something. Lets see if we can actually -- ghasp -- build a cohesive identity and improve. Graham and Yates are the most similar and have the highest ceilings. Lets ride with Graham and find other spots to play TO. If it makes sense to work in Yates later in the year without burning his redshirt, that would be a good idea too.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
If true, I am 100% on board. While I think there is an argument that TO still gives us the best chance to win today, this season is already a waste. Lets go ahead and start actually building towards something. Lets see if we can actually -- ghasp -- build a cohesive identity and improve. Graham and Yates are the most similar and have the highest ceilings. Lets ride with Graham and find other spots to play TO. If it makes sense to work in Yates later in the year without burning his redshirt, that would be a good idea too.

Give me an argument for TO

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm glad the talk and details coming out seem to point to they have settled in at Graham as the Starter going forward most of us on here can see he's probably the best passer out of those 3 and someone who can grow in that position. I personally still think that Jordan Yates is currently the most talented overall QB on this roster but perhaps True Fall Freshman and redshirt potential has him sitting out. Graham has the strongest arm and seeming presence in the pocket (doesn't seem timid) out of the 3 guys and while I still think at time's he's misfired on high passes and feel he's prone to making bad passing reads like many freshman he's still ultimately the best upside development option we have a QB this year.

PS... The oline is still god awful and that's before all the injuries good luck your gonna need it

Last edited:

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
Joe also had Kelly Campbell, Dez White and Kerry Watkins. Not sure if the current corps is that good but they did look very capable last Saturday. I thought they were a bright spot - saw lots of great catches by these young kids. A couple of years of them all together - who knows?
The WRs group while not that caliber seem to be a assortment of talent who seem to make catches when they get open

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
If the OC is talking this high praise of Graham and think's he can start opening up the full playbook with him as he grows let's see what how it goes then. If Graham gets most of the PT and the offense rounds into some sort of consistency and at least competes at times to maintain drives, convert some 3rd downs and start pointing up some points the OC has a little reprieve from me. He's still handcappied with this offensive line it's almost like having to grade stuff with a Handicap golfer score

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Give me an argument for TO

Pretty simple. Until the turnovers last game, TO was the most effective QB this season at moving the ball and avoiding negative plays. And, based on his career stats. those turnovers are outliers and not a general liability for him. Graham may have wheels too, but he sure hasn't been very effective at using them so far (4 rushes for 8 yds against Temple vs. 11 rushes for 68 yards for TO). (For the season, Graham has rushed 14 times for 47 yards (1.1 yd/rush average taking into account sacks) and TO has rushed 51 times for 305 yards (5.2 yd/rush average taking into account sacks).) Pass completion percentage on the season -- 46.9% for Graham and 42.3% for TO.

But, again, if the decision has been made to go with Graham, I very much agree with that decision. I absolutely hate this QB rotation and think it is delaying any potential growth or progress for the offense.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We had too many running plays of 1 yard or less last week. Our running game was a liability against Temple as it put into too many 3rd and longs. Had to throw with a marginal passer. It will take time. These guys were not recruited to play this O.