JG to start?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I will be VERY happy to see us try Graham and stick with him to let him develop......

I also want to utilize and feature Oliver, but I just don't see him as a QB...certainly not at the next level, so let's show off what he could be in other positions so maybe he gets a shot at the next level.

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow
I have been saying since the spring game that JG would eventually be our QB. He reminds me of Lil’ Joe his freshman year. Hope he matures like JH. TO needs to be on the field. He will be excellent as KR, slot and wildcat. This will give our offense a lot of flexibility. We need to run plays that tries to keep pressure off our banged up OL. This will be a learning year.

Deleted member 2897

JG based on his half last week could throw for 250 against UNC if he plays a full game. We have nothing to lose. JG is best in my opinion to run a spread offense this year. Roll him out to get out of the pocket, keep his reads simple, let him run if it’s there. I want to win every game, and if they’re going to try and run spread, I think he gives us the best chance. At least we’d be an offensive threat for once. JG is the kind of guy who could improve 20% every week.

If we could somehow steal a win from UNC, all of a sudden we may realize we could win a lot of games.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
JG based on his half last week could throw for 250 against UNC if he plays a full game. We have nothing to lose. JG is best in my opinion to run a spread offense this year. Roll him out to get out of the pocket, keep his reads simple, let him run if it’s there. I want to win every game, and if they’re going to try and run spread, I think he gives us the best chance. At least we’d be an offensive threat for once. JG is the kind of guy who could improve 20% every week.

If we could somehow steal a win from UNC, all of a sudden we may realize we could win a lot of games.
Graham certainly has wheels, but what has surprised me is that he keeps his eyes downfield and tries to keep the play alive. He does that much better than the other 2 IMO.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
LOL! Thanks...I needed that.

In all seriousness, what is “a lot” at this point? Can we get to 6? 4?

Right now I could see us stealing wins from UNC, VT, and NC State. That’d leave us at 4-8 if we got all three. Given the start I’d probably take that at this point...I’m just not sure I’d call it a lot.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I have been saying since the spring game that JG would eventually be our QB. He reminds me of Lil’ Joe his freshman year. Hope he matures like JH. TO needs to be on the field. He will be excellent as KR, slot and wildcat. This will give our offense a lot of flexibility. We need to run plays that tries to keep pressure off our banged up OL. This will be a learning year.
Agree - He moves a lot like Lil Joe.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck

Joe is a good comparison. A bigger version.

One thing for sure is that he lets that ball fly. Straight gun slinger.

Deleted member 2897

LOL! Thanks...I needed that.

In all seriousness, what is “a lot” at this point? Can we get to 6? 4?

Right now I could see us stealing wins from UNC, VT, and NC State. That’d leave us at 4-8 if we got all three. Given the start I’d probably take that at this point...I’m just not sure I’d call it a lot.

The entire Coastal is hot garbage. Virginia nearly lost to Old Dominion. Miami has been playing terrible. 1 week at a time.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
This is exciting news. Maybe we can steal a win against UNC this weekend, if we do, given the way they played Clemson, maybe that will give us the confidence we need moving forward and we will get even better.

With a win against UNC I could see us winning against Miami, VT, NC State, and Pitt getting us to 6 wins and a bowl game. (y)

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Sincerely hope this happens and the coaches let him stay in and develop. A healthy LJ could be the backup and TO in certain packages (JG move to slot, never has to leave the field). TO can be a starting caliber WR on this team.

Imagine for a sec you have to coordinate for an offense with JG at QB, TO at WR that at times switches to TO at QB with JG split out and runs the wildcat on you, from which they can also pull it back and throw deep to AB or JG if/when you bring the safeties up to stop it.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I'm fine with JG as the starter. He makes some freshman mistakes like staring down wide receivers and taking sacks trying to keep the play alive instead of throwing it away, but he'll learn. Get TO on the field with him, and let TO return kicks with AB and Juanyeh when his hand is healed up- Hopefully he and Juanyeh can teach AB how to use his speed and vision to get north and south instead of side to side trying to shake the first defender.

I think this team has a lot of potential if our coaches can figure out how to unlock it.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
And steps into the pocket. Neither of the other two do that. They bail for ridiculous sacks

Good point. That's an example of the type of 'feel' we're lacking at probably every position on offense which makes this rebuild particularly difficult probably.

Graham should be the unquestioned starter. Johnson has had more chances but seems to have played his way out of playing time, if we're being honest.

I like Oliver. He's a playmaker. Seems like a guy an offense should feature. Put him at RB, WR, TE, etc. just to get the ball in his hands. I like him in that role more than QB although he's had some good moments at QB.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Glad to see Graham as the starter. Just remember he is a freshman there will be big plays both ways. Just stay behind him he could be a great one for Tech but this year there will be mistakes as defenses will show me things he has not seen. P'nut just do your job coach him and leave him in to learn it will pay off on the long run.