Jeff Sims

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Edit: I just saw on FOX Sports that he's credited with 3 fumbles this year. So a bad mesh, a blindside, and one I can't think of.

Fumbles and fumbles lost are different stats. He had the fumble again, I want to say Duke, where he fumbled at the goal line, got it back, and then pushed it in. That might be what the third one is

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
. Yates has done more with less at every level he's played. He willed his HS team to the championship. I don't mind Yates getting PT, but that's a coaches' decision based on what they think is best for our chance to win. If they aren't playing Yates, it's because they think they've got a better chance with Jeff.

This is the problem, Our coaches don't have a track record of playing the best player that puts us in a position to win, If they did we would have more than 9 wins after 3 seasons.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Fumbles and fumbles lost are different stats. He had the fumble again, I want to say Duke, where he fumbled at the goal line, got it back, and then pushed it in. That might be what the third one is

It they were to count all fumbles here then that number would be at least 2-3 higher.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
This is the problem, Our coaches don't have a track record of playing the best player that puts us in a position to win, If they did we would have more than 9 wins after 3 seasons.
You say that, but that's just your opinion. My opinion is that I don't think it's a problem because I think the people that know the players best, and football much better than you or I, are making those decisions.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If the problem ain't the player, it's the . . . .
Who said the problem wasn't the player? I think the players know and have acknowledged that they've got to execute the game plan that the coaches have created.

The comment was about the track record of the best player not being played, which is hilariously ludicrous. These coaches want to win more than anything; so, there's no way they don't play the best players.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
4 of the 5 TDs came against KSU and zero were against P5 competition. He was pedestrian in other games, though yes, he doesn't throw interceptions. He also takes massive sacks and has 2 intentional groundings in limited action.

And I am a fan, but you can't present stats with no context.
Im not sure judging Yates almost completely on his performance against Clemson is giving correct context either.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If you think Sims is the problem( I think ) you could be wrong . The OL sucks how many drop passes did we have last game. I would look at the coaching staff first

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Who is the player that’s not getting played?

At which position are you confused about? Even our own players are upset with people in the game not giving effort. The stats for just our QB say that our back up should have gotten more playing time this year when sims has struggled. When a large portion of the fan base thinks we have players who deserve time they are not getting, and the players think that we have players who deserve time I think I will side with them, not the coaches who barely get 3 wins a year.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
At which position are you confused about? Even our own players are upset with people in the game not giving effort. The stats for just our QB say that our back up should have gotten more playing time this year when sims has struggled. When a large portion of the fan base thinks we have players who deserve time they are not getting, and the players think that we have players who deserve time I think I will side with them, not the coaches who barely get 3 wins a year.

Lol…. Yates showed vs. UNC that what provided wouldn’t be enough to be anyone else on schedule

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Good thing that we have people with experience to make these judgement calls not just statistics that can be made to prove whatever point you're trying to prove.

Are you familiar with the Wizard's First Rule? If not, maybe you should acquaint yourself with it.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
So Sims sucks is what I’m reading. Lol GTFO

Jesus, if Trevor Lawrence had to work with this offensive line his numbers would be bad too.

QB play isn’t really the problem, O line and not getting teams off the field on D is. Sims, CDP and the entire O are letting the **** defensive play get into their heads. They know they have to be perfect because if they’re not they know the D won’t do anything to help out!

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
So Sims sucks is what I’m reading. Lol GTFO

Jesus, if Trevor Lawrence had to work with this offensive line his numbers would be bad too.

QB play isn’t really the problem, O line and not getting teams off the field on D is. Sims, CDP and the entire O are letting the **** defensive play get into their heads. They know they have to be perfect because if they’re not they know the D won’t do anything to help out!
Nobody is saying that QB play is the biggest problem or the only problem. There are other threads about how bad the defense is, how our S&C needs to improve, how our OL needs to improve, how our play calling needs to improve and how our coaches need to do better in general. There are plenty of things to talk about when your team is this bad.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Lol…. Yates showed vs. UNC that what provided wouldn’t be enough to be anyone else on schedule

He is basing his take on stats that were almost all put up against KSU.

I kinda wanted Yates to be the guy. Was even singing his praises after Clemson, but the eyeball test at this point is pretty clear.