Jeff Sims

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Yates makes minimal mistake, whereas Sims makes too many. Yates handles the defensive pressure which he or Sims will have to continue to deal with. Sims is probably the better athlete but that doesn’t mean he’s the better QB.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems like the answer could be situational. In a game where we need a game manager, ie one we should win such as against NIU, Yates makes sense. Games where we need big plays to win, such as UNC, likely UGA and ND, etc., probably need to roll the dice and Sims. Understanding you can’t make week to week decisions like that, makes sense to ride Sims out at least at this point in the season.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I have changed my opinion. I was in the camp that Sims offered an upside. But after watching a replay of the Miami game, Sims has a long way to go to being a P5 quarterback.
As part of your assessment, I assume you factored Sims' injury into conclusion.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yates makes minimal mistake, whereas Sims makes too many. Yates handles the defensive pressure which he or Sims will have to continue to deal with. Sims is probably the better athlete but that doesn’t mean he’s the better QB.
I'm sure Yates would've played Saturday had he been available.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
A tweet claiming someone was not available is not evidence of a tweet...

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I sincerely want Sims to succeed. From all accounts, he is a fine young man, good teammate, puts in the work, etc. But there are intangibles that separate the
good from the great QBs. Unfortunately, I only get glimpses of Sims during games on TV and not at all at practice. But my impression is that he lacks that leadership spark. Yates seems to have it, IMO. It's a take charge sort of quality that is shown in your voice and demeanor.......CONFIDENCE. Granted, it's difficult to describe and maybe Sims will develop it. But in crunch time of games , it's critical, and I think it's what's missing right now.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I don't tweet, so I have no idea to what you refer.

The only think that has even remotely suggested yates was injured that I have seen was a tweet claiming he was unavailable ( not a tweet by staff) . Now we have a message board that has ran off into the weeds claiming Yates and Sims had injury's. I don't understand why people keep saying things they have no evidence at all for.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The only think that has even remotely suggested yates was injured that I have seen was a tweet claiming he was unavailable ( not a tweet by staff) . Now we have a message board that has ran off into the weeds claiming Yates and Sims had injury's. I don't understand why people keep saying things they have no evidence at all for.

Maybe our fans are all injured?!

(Cue the "We're injured due to all the bad football we have to watch" comments)

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Kelly Q tweeted it. He's a very reliable source connected with our program.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
That's interesting that you used "unavailable", because that is what I was told and the way that it was said did not lead me to think injury. I thought he had the stomach flu that's going around. And that was conjecture on my part.