Jeff Sims - Not practicing with team - in rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I can't imagine the poster you are replying to, and others who are criticizing our fanbase have ever checked out other teams' message boards when their star player(s) have a bad game, especially after a loss. We are one of the better, more subdued fanbases in those situations and it's not even close.
I’m talking about the past three years not this situation. Not sure how you got anything else from my post

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
This is a reminder to everyone. Feel free to discuss Jeff Sims future with or without the team, his perceived skill progression or lack of progression, or anything along these lines.

Any post, however, that casts aspersions at him regarding his integrity, grit, etc, will be recycled and you will be warned.

Please, let's show a little class in how we talk about our student athletes.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Yea that education thing is a little more valuable than you make it sound. Most these guys aren’t gonna play football for a living. Every fanbase has jerks and bad apples so I truly have to chuckle a tad when you act like ours is the worst.
He could have chosen a school with just as good an education as ours. You think he qualified at Tech, Penn State, UConn, and couldn’t have gone to an Ivy if he wanted? We didn’t do Sims a favor by offering him a scholly. At the time, he did us a favor by committing here when we were desperate. Appreciate you informing me that most college players aren’t gonna play in the NFL though!

And the fan base was one the six aspects of the GT football entity I mentioned.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
You don’t think we helped him at the time by offering him? Right after Mike norvell basically nudged him aside at fsu? I’d say both sides helped each other at the time.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
like roadkill said though, don’t check out a bama, uga, etc board after losses if you think that we are bad.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
like roadkill said though, don’t check out a bama, uga, etc board after losses if you think that we are bad.
I literally am not even referring to the reaction here over the past 72 hours but rather the fanbase support during his tenure. Spelled it out for you. You’re seriously comparing GT fan support to uga and Bama fans - how? I’m not talking about message boards I’m talking about REAL LIFE support

I know we live in a digital age but jeez dude, message boards after a loss are not a good gauge of any fan base. You know that

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I’m talking about the past three years not this situation. Not sure how you got anything else from my post
One item I got out of your post, and was responding to, were your comments about how "he’s a better QB than we are fans" and "no FBS AD would want to switch fan bases with us". Those are broad-brush statements that I disagree with. I think on average, we have good fans compared to many other fanbases (although I wish we had more), which is the counterpoint I was trying to make.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I think he transfers and would be shocked if he starts at a P5 school. Thinking our fan base sucks because we think a QB is overrated is pretty funny.
No I think our fan base can suck because we don’t go to games or buy gear. Which probably mattered more to Sims than the past three days.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
One item I got out of your post, and was responding to, were your comments about how "he’s a better QB than we are fans" and "no FBS AD would want to switch fan bases with us". Those are broad-brush statements that I disagree with. I think on average, we have good fans compared to many other fanbases (although I wish we had more), which is the counterpoint I was trying to make.
That’s fair. However, I’m legitimately not as frustrated with our fans’ reaction to Sims as I am our terrible turn out for every Fan Day. Or football game.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
That’s fair. However, I’m legitimately not as frustrated with our fans’ reaction to Sims as I am our terrible turn out for every Fan Day. Or football game.
And I get your point now that you have indeed spelled it out. Several of us misunderstood, understandable given that this thread is literally about the reaction to the latest information on Sims.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
You don’t think we helped him at the time by offering him? Right after Mike norvell basically nudged him aside at fsu? I’d say both sides helped each other at the time.
That is fair. However, I still think GT benefitted more from a 4* QB committing here than Sims did by committing to a below average FBS program

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
And I get your point now that you have indeed spelled it out. Several of us misunderstood, understandable given that this thread is literally about the reaction to the latest information on Sims.
For sure. One thing we can all agree on is we are all frustrated. And we are all on the same team

JacketFan137

Banned
Even after Saturday and this latest development? I don’t really have anything against him, but I totally understand why people might.
well considering the only people who know the truth of the situation are sims and key and the rest of it is pure speculation with people filling in the gaps…

it’s also not really a coincidence to me that many of the same names i recognize (not only here but in the big facebook group) that have been the most vocal the whole time about getting a new qb are the same ones raising the most questions about his character and saying the nastiest things.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Conscious of the re-issued notice on forum policy, I'm trying to focus on skill/play of the player as allowed. To wit:

I'll admit that I may be ALL WRONG on this, but if I had to describe my impression of Jeff Sims it would be this:

It's third and seven late in the second half. Tech trails and needs to score on this drive. Sims takes the snap, checks his receivers...and misses his intended target for an incomplete. The punt unit comes onto the field.​

Don't know why, but that's what I'm going to remember about JS. Too many incomplete passes in critical situations. Not enough yards gained on the ground.

Which is NOT what I remember about Josh Nesbitt, Reggie Ball, Justin Thomas or Joe Hamilton.

JacketFan137

Banned
I think he transfers and would be shocked if he starts at a P5 school. Thinking our fan base sucks because we think a QB is overrated is pretty funny.
i think a lot of people would be surprised. he will have a lot more suitors than sims detractors would expect and i would not be surprised if the team he ends up on is better than us

JacketFan137

Banned
Conscious of the re-issued notice on forum policy, I'm trying to focus on skill/play of the player as allowed. To wit:

I'll admit that I may be ALL WRONG on this, but if I had to describe my impression of Jeff Sims it would be this:

It's third and seven late in the second half. Tech trails and needs to score on this drive. Sims takes the snap, checks his receivers...and misses his intended target for an incomplete. The punt unit comes onto the field.​

Don't know why, but that's what I'm going to remember about JS. Too many incomplete passes in critical situations. Not enough yards gained on the ground.

Which is NOT what I remember about Josh Nesbitt, Reggie Ball, Justin Thomas or Joe Hamilton.
saying he isn’t as good as nesbitt, justin thomas or joe hamilton is pretty pointless to say considering that applies to about 99% of the qbs that have played at georgia tech and honestly many other schools in college football.

that statement is a pretty far cry from questioning his character and saying he should be at an FCS school

Status
Not open for further replies.