Jeff Sims - Not practicing with team - in rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Rehab, as in physical rehab? I hope that's all it is!

Also the title of this thread and infers that he's been kicked off the team. Is that the case?

If not, it needs to be updated to something less potentially inflammatory.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Well so our QB is gibson and? Do we even have a walk on?

To bad Knight already transfered. If I am Long im seeing if Dontae can take under center snaps and puting in a QB rungame all week.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I might watch the next 2 games if TP gets some burn. I'm out on Gibson. Sorry not sorry.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Did you not see him play this season. MUCH MUCH better accuracy. His throwing was the best it’s been since he arrived at Tech.
No he wasn’t. In fact he was worse this year than last
15BFCC62-A9BB-48F3-BB8B-DA9C86FA8657.jpeg

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This sure looks like he is leaving. If he was practicing, he would still be engaged as a teammate. Appears that he is avoiding any chance of further injury to be ready for his next gig. I was hopeful for him to be back playing this season and beyond. He will still have 2 years of eligibility to play somewhere.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
This sure looks like he is leaving. If he was practicing, he would still be engaged as a teammate. Appears that he is avoiding any chance of further injury to be ready for his next gig. I was hopeful for him to be back playing this season and beyond. He will still have 2 years of eligibility to play somewhere.

Yep. You can attend meetings, etc while rehabbing. He gone.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Did you not see him play this season. MUCH MUCH better accuracy. His throwing was the best it’s been since he arrived at Tech.
His completion % is lower this year than it was last year.
His yards per attempt were the lowest this year out of any year in his career
His passer rating was the lowest of his career
His yards per rush were the lowest of any year in his career
His total QBR was lower this year than any other year.

Literally by all measures, this year was his worst year. And his first 2 weren’t very good.

I hope he figures it out wherever he goes next year, because he has all the potential in the world. Maybe a change of scenery will be the best thing for him. But Sims got 0% better over the course of his career at Georgia Tech. Still making freshman mistakes as a 3 year starter.

JacketFan137

Banned
His completion % is lower this year than it was last year.
His yards per attempt were the lowest this year out of any year in his career
His passer rating was the lowest of his career
His yards per rush were the lowest of any year in his career
His total QBR was lower this year than any other year.

Literally by all measures, this year was his worst year. And his first 2 weren’t very good.

I hope he figures it out wherever he goes next year, because he has all the potential in the world. Maybe a change of scenery will be the best thing for him. But Sims got 0% better over the course of his career at Georgia Tech. Still making freshman mistakes as a 3 year starter.
eye test he looked better to me and i think he still showed flashes. part of the problem is the schedule he got stuck playing clemson and ole miss and we played the game against WCU to not lose and he played hurt against uva before being taken out.

raw numbers aren’t as good but i think he is better today than he has been. to say he got 0% better i think is just silly and agenda driven. not really what reality has shown

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
eye test he looked better to me and i think he still showed flashes. part of the problem is the schedule he got stuck playing clemson and ole miss and we played the game against WCU to not lose and he played hurt against uva before being taken out.

raw numbers aren’t as good but i think he is better today than he has been. to say he got 0% better i think is just silly and agenda driven. not really what reality has shown
If you say so. Hard to argue with 3 seasons worth of numbers though. If Sims had truly gotten better this year it would’ve shown up somewhere in his numbers.

Not to mention in 3 years as Georgia Tech’s starting QB he played zero snaps against UGA, only 1 game against Miami, only 2 against Clemson, missed a game against Notre Dame, and will miss a game against UNC.
Against our 2 toughest rivals he only played 2 games in 3 years. Against our 2 toughest division opponents he only played 2 games. And against Notre Dame he only played once. In normal years that would’ve been 14 games (6 vs. UGA & Clemson, 6 vs. UNC & Miami, 2 vs. Notre Dame) and he only played in 5 games total against them.

Not sure what you’re seeing that shows Sims has gotten any better. The only metric that seems to show that is the “eye test.” The way he played against NIU last year should’ve been the end of his era, and if it wasn’t, after he pulled up short of a first down on the opening series against Ole Miss definitely should’ve been.

Status
Not open for further replies.