Jay Jones Transferring

Deleted member 2897

We have 3 GREAT QBs. Hate it, but he's good enough to play somewhere. He just couldnt pick up our offense well enough to move up the pecking order.

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ seemed most exited about Jay Jones at QB whenever asked about the position before the season started. I am sorry it did not work out at GT, but I wish him success, except if he plays against GT. Good Luck young man!

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok folks, times have changed. You can't carry 4 quarterbacks or I should say 4 good QBs. These kids have been starters all their career and when they are number 3 they will leave. Are all Transfers smart, no, see Marcus Marshal, ruined his career. Do you think Eason will stay at Georgia....nope. This is what college ball has become and when you have 128 FBS teams, guys will leave to play elsewhere.
What pi----- me off CPJ said he didn't play JJ because he was prone to make a mistake or commit a turnover well the one that played made plenty of mistakes and he kept playing him. CPJ played Vad when he should have played Justin this was from an assistant coach not me .he is to stubborn to change and maybe admit he made a mistake. I don't understand why some of you cannot see this he needs to go!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
What pi----- me off CPJ said he didn't play JJ because he was prone to make a mistake or commit a turnover well the one that played made plenty of mistakes and he kept playing him. CPJ played Vad when he should have played Justin this was from an assistant coach not me .he is to stubborn to change and maybe admit he made a mistake. I don't understand why some of you cannot see this he needs to go!
Who the hell even said JJ is transferring because of playing time?

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
dude you need to vary your posts from time to time. The same broken record doesn't actually add anything to the conversation.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
What I remember is CPJ saying JJ was a great athlete who could make a big play for our team or the other team.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Just because TaQuon made mistakes doesn’t mean Jay wouldn’t have made many more. I saw Jay’s potential at the Spring game but TaQuon appeared to have a much better grasp of the offense. Anyway, that’s just one game but CPJ saw all the QBs every day. It’s silly to think that CPJ wouldn’t put who he perceived to be his best QB in the game. It’s even sillier to think we can evaluate all of the QBs after observing minimal reps or taking the opinion of an assistant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'll give you a reason of why he needs to stay. I don't know of another coach in college football that has had the kind of success that CPJ has had with the recruiting classes he has had. Can you think of another team that has consistently recruited outside of the top 50 yet won a New Years 6 bowl? Or how about a coach that has played in as many conference championships as he has? If it's the offense you are worried about, worry no longer. CPJ has had not 1 but 2 offenses by the FEI finish in the top 5 with multiple others in the top 25. Our record the way it is, isn't because of our offense. I understand he has weaknesses but what coach doesn't? He even admitted that he probably should have played JT back then. He has also said he hates to see a player lose their starting spot which could be a downfall but we have also seen him play new starters over the starter from the prior year.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I mentioned positioning as a possible problem in a recent post.

I would have gone to JJ at the start of the season and told him outright that he should switch to AB. He would have been tres dangerous there and there was a precedent: Days. My guess is that Coach probably told JJ that prior to the season, but gave him a chance to stay at QB, just like he did with Days. I think JJ made the decision that he didn't want to stick until he learned a new position (or found one) and that he wanted to play QB. So he's planning to leave.

Can't say I blame him. The talent at QB is very deep. Too bad; he would have found the field next year somehow and made an impact.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Just because TaQuon made mistakes doesn’t mean Jay wouldn’t have made many more. I saw Jay’s potential at the Spring game but TaQuon appeared to have a much better grasp of the offense. Anyway, that’s just one game but CPJ saw all the QBs every day. It’s silly to think that CPJ wouldn’t put who he perceived to be his best QB in the game. It’s even sillier to think we can evaluate all of the QBs after observing minimal reps or taking the opinion of an assistant.

Yea what bowl game is GT in this year