Jacksonville State Postgame Discussion

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Nice to see the D get some sacks and turnovers. Offensively, Marshall took some big hits. The O-line didn't play well. Marshall did well on his throws and made good decisions with ball. No turnovers today. The kicking game looked better besides the missed PAT. Attendance was a little disappointing. JSU's band was fantastic.

+1 on the items in bold (not that the other comments aren't god ;) ).
Where in the world was everyone? Granted many seats were sold, but a lot of empty seats.
Their band was very good.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
+1 on the items in bold (not that the other comments aren't god ;) ).
Where in the world was everyone? Granted many seats were sold, but a lot of empty seats.
Their band was very good.
Probably like us. Getting ready for Irma. First time I have relaxed in three days, when I sat down and watched the game.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Defense helped pull the game out of the fire with the interception just before the half, and then 2 more in the 3rd. The O capitlaized to make it a bit easier infor GT fans in the stands and those watching and listening.
JSU's defense did a very good job against us most of the day. Howard's but through the middle was great, some very good blocking to spring him to the 2nd level and beyond :) !

Truth is truth. Nothing negative. Just a realist. I have every right to have an opinion. So, leave me alone. If you don't like what I have to say, just ignore it. I could really care less.
Truth is they scored 7 points in the first half and our offense did Zero to help. If they were as bad as you think, we should have lost. What do you expect? For them to get your approval do they have to give up zero points and zero yards?

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Jax state is a solid team - writeup from 2015 Auburn game below. They outplayed and out gained Auburn but lost in OT.

AUBURN – Most of the sellout crowd at Jordan-Hare Stadium assumed they were coming to watch No. 6 Auburn cruise to an easy win over an FCS opponent and see the debut of Jordan-Hare Stadium's $13 million video board.

What they witnessed came close to being one of the biggest upsets in college football history.

Jacksonville State (1-1), No. 5 in FCS but a five-touchdown underdog, led by a touchdown with less than a minute remaining. Auburn tied the score with 39 seconds in regulation, then scored on its first possession in overtime to claim a 27-20 victory on Saturday in the first meeting between the state schools. Jacksonville State led 10-6 at halftime and dominated the Tigers (2-0) in every phase, leaving the capacity crowd of 87,451 stunned.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I think next week will be much more like the Tennessee game for the offense. Can you imagine preparing for a huge spotlight game Monday and another game Saturday? Ridiculous imo, should not have been scheduled this way. 96 plays definitely affected the O's performance today. Proud of the way the team turned it around after a bad start.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Think we have a pretty good team. Feel like CPJ really likes Howard. We will have 2 good BBs in he and Benson. D will have to create turnovers throughout the season for us to have a good year.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
2 games in I have 2 main take aways from this team.

If we're on 100% our offense can score on anyone anytime.

If not we can be beat by anyone anytime.

Well, this has been a cherished Tech tradition since Coach Johnson got here. Win a couple you have no business winning and lose maybe one that you have no business losing. It is what it is.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
This game reminds me of games where Tech was an underdog, comes in and plays well initially. The adrenaline wears off. And the better team pulls away.

JSU looked to be a well coached team with some talented athletes.

I was impressed that the defense stepped it up and hope the improvement continues.

And happy to see redemption in place kicking.