Jacksonville State Postgame Discussion

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Glad we won , and a win is a win slow start but after Monday and 2 overtimes thought that may happen.
Only thing I got mad about was a fumble they had and one of our players just standing and looking at the ball. ( Yes I know who it was but is no reason to use his name I think he did lead in tackles for the game)

Animal02

Banned
I think UCF got a "bye week" courtesy of Hurricane Irma. No rest for the weary or the Jackets next week. I don't have a clue as to how good UCF is this year. May be interesting to see how not playing this week affects them. May be good for them... or it may be bad. Just don't know.
Not really a bye week since they spent it prepping for Memphis with the game being cancelled at the last minute.

Jmonty71

Banned
The D did good. Multiple turnovers and held them to 10 points. I thought the D played better than the O.
I would disagree. They got pushed off the LOS a lot. They LBs spent most of the first half running up our own DLs butt. Horrible job in tracking the ball.

It was nice to see Roof on the sidelines. He was in the face of kids that did something wrong. We need more of it.

However; until late in the game, we played soft. Left a lot of open WRs. The QB just missed them.

At times, our D looked lethargic. Heck, even had a fumble in front of a player, and they just stood there. There were mental gaps all over. Was it due to fatigue? Bad coaching? Bad play calling? I really don't know. All I know is a I saw an unenthusiastic defense. They had thier tails whipped. Thankfully, their QB missed some wide open WRs and threw some horrible passes. I was not impressed with our defense. I surely hope they fix whatever it is, by next week.
I sure hope our staff can get with you this week and run pregame, so they can get your blessing on how to defend UCF. Take your negative $hit and go away.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Nice to see the D get some sacks and turnovers. Offensively, Marshall took some big hits. The O-line didnt play well. Marshall did well on his throws and made good decisions with ball. No turnovers today. The kicking game looked better besides the missed PAT. Attendance was a little disappointing. JSU's band was fantastic.

Jmonty71

Banned
I give credit to JSU. You can tell they practiced on how to defend the option. For the most part, they remained disciplined on their assignments. CPJ, changed some things up in the 2nd half and you could tell it was something JSU hadn't practiced against. So, kudos for coach! The offense may have been beat up a bit from the UT game. I think he'll get it fixed. We all have seen how good the O can be. So, I am still optimistic that they can and will score points.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I give credit to JSU. You can tell they practiced on how to defend the option. For the most part, they remained disciplined on their assignments. CPJ, changed some things up in the 2nd half and you could tell it was something JSU hadn't practiced against. So, kudos for coach! The offense may have been beat up a bit from the UT game. I think he'll get it fixed. We all have seen how good the O can be. So, I am still optimistic that they can and will score points.
They better be beat up. They got no push against JSU's line, which is really good, but after Tennessee, I expect more.

Jmonty71

Banned
Nice to see the D get some sacks and turnovers. Offensively, Marshall took some big hits. The O-line didnt play well. Marshall did well on his throws and made good decisions with ball. No turnovers today. The kicking game looked better besides the missed PAT. Attendance was a little disappointing. JSU's band was fantastic.
I agree. Nice to see some turnovers. 2 passes were bad. But, an INT is an INT.

Jmonty71

Banned
They better be beat up. They got no push against JSU's line, which is really good, but after Tennessee, I expect more.
Yeah. I did too. But, JSU had some hog mollies on that D front. Some serious hog mollies. I was shocked to see a FCS school with players with that size and speed.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Big difference is they didn't prep for us last week and this week will be all kinds of distractions from Irma cleanup.
Agree. My niece goes to UCF and she is hunkering down in an on-campus shelter tomorrow and Monday. The campus is closed until Wednesday. They are expecting hurricane force wind with gusts close to 100 mph. Having been through that in Oriental in years past I can confirm it will be a major distraction.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Yea something just seems off when MJ is in there. He seems fidgety and lacking confidence in doing anything other than keep the ball. Like he's afraid to turn the ball over. Could easily be because he's thrust in there on bad situations though and told to play safe.
Don't think he is 100%. That's the only reason I can think of.

Jmonty71

Banned
Agree. My niece goes to UCF and she is hunkering down in an on-campus shelter tomorrow and Monday. The campus is closed until Wednesday. They are expecting hurricane force wind with gusts close to 100 mph. Having been through that in Oriental in years past I can confirm it will be a major distraction.
Prayers for your niece and everyone in the path of that monster storm.