Jacksonville State Postgame Discussion

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Started out slow, but poured it on second half. Interceptions were huge to take momentum.
-TD Roof might make his dad start him.
-Howard is a Clydesdale.
-Clint isn't 100%
-Good win with seemingly minimal injuries
-pecking order behind TM may change over the course of the season.
-get ready for UCF. Hangover should be over. Let's mash on the gas.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Great game, Jackets! It wasn't always pretty (especially that first half offense...), but the bottom line is that the team got the job done. I liked how the D seemed to get more aggressive in the 2nd half--5 sacks, 3 turnovers--that's what we need out of them. In fact, things could have really gone bad at the end of the first half if not for Austin's pick. M

Lots of people expected JSU to hang with us and maybe even pull off the upset. Great leadership by the coaches and players to not let that happen. We were the better team, and we took them down by 27 points, just like we were supposed. Keep it up, Jackets, and let's get ready for the next one!

Go Jackets!

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Great game, Jackets! It wasn't always pretty (especially that first half offense...), but the bottom line is that the team got the job done. I liked how the D seemed to get more aggressive in the 2nd half--5 sacks, 3 turnovers--that's what we need out of them. In fact, things could have really gone bad at the end of the first half if not for Austin's pick. M

Lots of people expected JSU to hang with us and maybe even pull off the upset. Great leadership by the coaches and players to not let that happen. We were the better team, and we took them down by 27 points, just like we were supposed. Keep it up, Jackets, and let's get ready for the next one!

Go Jackets!

Jacksonville State has nothing to be ashamed about. They went toe to toe with a power 5 conference team for a half. Any underdog, never mind a lower division one, just simply cannot afford any turnovers much less three. Defense really played well the second half and we opened up their defense with the rocket toss and play action passes to receivers that were often wide open. Putting a hat on number 40 and number 35 were part of the half time adjustments I am sure. Marshall played a fine game without the statistics but he got us the win and that is what counts. Happy for our walk on kicker who made a pressure field goal and almost all the extra points. Considering the circumstances, we did pretty well just need to continue making improvements on special teams and defense. Coach Johnson said diplomatically after the game that playing on a short week was not a factor (wink, wink) but he would not want to do it again. Really wish we were playing someone like Elon next week or a bye week.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Started out slow, but poured it on second half. Interceptions were huge to take momentum.
-TD Roof might make his dad start him.
-Howard is a Clydesdale.
-Clint isn't 100%
-Good win with seemingly minimal injuries
-pecking order behind TM may change over the course of the season.
-get ready for UCF. Hangover should be over. Let's mash on the gas.
Meaning Howard is big and plodding and musclebound?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Jacksonville State has nothing to be ashamed about. They went toe to toe with a power 5 conference team for a half. Any underdog, never mind a lower division one, just simply cannot afford any turnovers much less three. Defense really played well the second half and we opened up their defense with the rocket toss and play action passes to receivers that were often wide open. Putting a hat on number 40 and number 35 were part of the half time adjustments I am sure. Marshall played a fine game without the statistics but he got us the win and that is what counts. Happy for our walk on kicker who made a pressure field goal and almost all the extra points. Considering the circumstances, we did pretty well just need to continue making improvements on special teams and defense. Coach Johnson said diplomatically after the game that playing on a short week was not a factor (wink, wink) but he would not want to do it again. Really wish we were playing someone like Elon next week or a bye week.
Might be a bye.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Even in the 2 snaps that Lucas Johnson had he looked a lot smoother than Matthew.
Yea something just seems off when MJ is in there. He seems fidgety and lacking confidence in doing anything other than keep the ball. Like he's afraid to turn the ball over. Could easily be because he's thrust in there on bad situations though and told to play safe.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Might be a bye.
I think UCF got a "bye week" courtesy of Hurricane Irma. No rest for the weary or the Jackets next week. I don't have a clue as to how good UCF is this year. May be interesting to see how not playing this week affects them. May be good for them... or it may be bad. Just don't know.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think UCF got a "bye week" courtesy of Hurricane Irma. No rest for the weary or the Jackets next week. I don't have a clue as to how good UCF is this year. May be interesting to see how not playing this week affects them. May be good for them... or it may be bad. Just don't know.
Big difference is they didn't prep for us last week and this week will be all kinds of distractions from Irma cleanup.

Jmonty71

Banned
At times, our D looked lethargic. Heck, even had a fumble in front of a player, and they just stood there. There were mental gaps all over. Was it due to fatigue? Bad coaching? Bad play calling? I really don't know. All I know is a I saw an unenthusiastic defense. They had thier tails whipped. Thankfully, their QB missed some wide open WRs and threw some horrible passes. I was not impressed with our defense. I surely hope they fix whatever it is, by next week.

jacobchbe

Jolly Good Fellow
At times, our D looked lethargic. Heck, even had a fumble in front of a player, and they just stood there. There were mental gaps all over. Was it due to fatigue? Bad coaching? Bad play calling? I really don't know. All I know is a I saw an unenthusiastic defense. They had thier tails whipped. Thankfully, their QB missed some wide open WRs and threw some horrible passes. I was not impressed with our defense. I surely hope they fix whatever it is, by next week.

The D did good. Multiple turnovers and held them to 10 points. I thought the D played better than the O.