Jacksonville State Postgame Discussion

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Here is a pic with a baller......& the other guy is some dude named TaQuon Marshall or something
20170909_172655.jpg

Last edited:

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
I was very impressed with JS's defense. Their scheme was great and their players disciplined. They were firing the safeties all day clamping down on the run. They were begging for pass plays the whole game, and for whatever reason (I'm sure there is a good one), CPJ seemed hesitant to pass the ball until later. Had a great day at Bobby Dodd. My first game as a non-student! (2006-2017)

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Yea Ted was in the booth and had a really sweet celebration with Ratliff after TD got a sack.

I saw Coach West chewing out he OL and saw McCollum with a not happy face at the defense after some play.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I'm guessing the UCF game will be cancelled. Classes are closed until Wednesday maybe longer. They might get back to campus on Wednesday, that leaves 1 practice and walk through. Non conference game no need to play and might be best for both teams not to play. Plus I heard that Um and fsu might not play next weekend and play on their bye since they have a bye on the same week(the week before um plays us)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Nothing much to add except that I think Brandon Adams won more playing time today.

Except for his big hit down near the goal line, he didn't make many tackles. However, he did something our other DTs had a hard time doing in the game: he held the line against double team blocks. With him occupying two blockers on every play and holding them at the LOS, it was a lot easier for our other DLs and LBs to come up to make plays. That was a problem in the UT game as well. He also held up ok stamina-wise. I doubt he'll start, but I bet he comes in earlier for the rest of the season.

Thanks Brandon!

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
First half was a nightmare. I didn't think about Jax at all until this morning, when I saw they are a powerhouse in their division. Then starting thinking about us maybe being tired a flat. And there it was. The pick by Austin seemed huge at the time. Changed the mo.

Our placekicker looked a whole lot better this week. No Butker, but good enough.

TaQuan continues to amaze. He throws the ball better than JT did early in his career.

The offense has the weapons to score big numbers, adding the passing game. Remember just a few years ago when we couldn't protect a quarterback? When every 3rd and long was a terrifying experience? Our As are good receivers and add so much. Wide receivers are good, but it sure would be great to have one speed guy.

Howard looked good. Our recruiting is always underrated. Imagine losing Marshall and Mills and plugging in Benson and Howard. B is as much as strength as ever.

Look at the class standings on offense. This is a young team.

The QB follow looks like our money play to me. I'd go to it every time we must have two yards.

We always seem to have trouble with safety sized linebackers. Or maybe everyone has trouble with No 40.

Defense may be a little better, but still not anything like the level of the offense. Rush seems a little better this year. Mitchell is a good tackler and has a nose for the ball. Alexander hits hard.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
A nice 74 degrees at halftime, the sunshine made it a little balmy. Great day no matter because the sky was blue and Jax. St. got the blues on the scoreboard.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if the UCF campus is being evacuated? And specifically if there team is going somewhere as a team or if they are letting players try to meet up with their individual families.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm guessing the UCF game will be cancelled. Classes are closed until Wednesday maybe longer. They might get back to campus on Wednesday, that leaves 1 practice and walk through. Non conference game no need to play and might be best for both teams not to play. Plus I heard that Um and fsu might not play next weekend and play on their bye since they have a bye on the same week(the week before um plays us)

My UCF tix arrived in the mail yesterday. ;)