Jacksonville State Postgame Discussion

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Meh.. UNC seems to always come up with their best game of the year against us, lately.

I just want to point out that you're not putting forth an argument in good faith when you talk down our positives but then give our opponents the benefit of the doubt. UNC has looked like crap so far...to say they're likely to beat us because "they always play their best game against us" is dumb. The best they've showed this year would likely get rolled against us.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I finally got to watch the game. A couple of observations.

The JSU defense was well coached and prepared to play us. They gave us several looks early, shifted, and took chances. Sometimes they played a 3-4 variation with 2 down linemen. I am not really sure where I put them talentwise defensively, but they are definitely not Elon. Their LBs are solid guys. The DL fought us hard in the trenches.

We looked a little out of sync early. I think it takes a bit for our guys to settle down and just play, but that tends to happen early in the season. TQM is progressing with each game rep that he gets. I think our offensive line is really good, even though this may not have been their best game. They can really move in space and come off the ball hard.

Defensively we settled down and got turn overs, but we leave a lot on the table. Our LBs don't play in space very well and are not solid tacklers yet. They tend to over pursue or take bad angles that make them arm tackle.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm sorry, but was that not a tradition before CPJ got here?

Pre CPJ we often won one we shouldn't and 6-7 that we coulda but didn't.

If not for some bright spots provided by Curry, Ross, and O'Leary....I might hate college football instead of loving it. There have been many bleak years. Thank God for CPJ.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Did you count them? Looked pretty good from my seat facing the West Stands.
You r view of the east wasn't as good as mine from the west stands. East and north stands were sparse.

What was worse was the lack of any cheering from those that were in the west stands. Our fan base deserves Rice level of success. Only get up for huge games and even then mostly just make noise on 3rd downs and just b4 the snap then.

Jmonty71

Banned
I just want to point out that you're not putting forth an argument in good faith when you talk down our positives but then give our opponents the benefit of the doubt. UNC has looked like crap so far...to say they're likely to beat us because "they always play their best game against us" is dumb. The best they've showed this year would likely get rolled against us.
No. They look horrible. They put points up against Louisville and still lost. Just merely saying UNC has played us tough, as of late.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Jack St is good enough to play with any team in the country IF......they play a clean mistake free game. Good teams will make em pay when they don't. We did. Nuff said. Next up.

Jmonty71

Banned
It's disingenuous to credit only the QB with a bad pass. Perhaps the fact that we were getting pressure all day led to hurried throws? I know you have an axe to grind with CTR, but this game was a good showing by our D. It's almost to the point where if we get a critical sack, you'll complain that the guy came through the wrong gap.
Early in the game? No, not so much. JSU smacked us in the mouth. The D and the team, in general, started playing as we'd expect. We did not look great in the first half. If the D plays like they did in the 2nd half of the UT game or in the first half of the JSU game, its going to be a long season. If we see the D that played UT in the first half of 2nd of the JSU game, we'll be ok. The D had moments of looking great. Then you saw moments of going WTF??? Its those wtf moments that I want to see go away.