Jacksonville state game week

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Saying should have been very, very little hard work the week of the ut game, which would help as regards this short week. The hardest work should have (and maybe it did, IDK) ended the week before ut game.

It sounds like they're doing mostly mental prep work this week, leading up to normal pre-game practice. That seems a decent approach to take coming off a short week after a long, physical game.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

Yep. That's them. The destination of choice for SEC talent that doesn't work out for one reason or another. Remember the LSU quarterback that transferred there a couple of years ago after getting in some kind of trouble? Ryan Periloux (spelling?) At one time, he was a big time recruit coming out of high school top 3 or so in the country as I recall. This running back they have now is a former big time Auburn recruit. They have a good program.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yep. That's them. The destination of choice for SEC talent that doesn't work out for one reason or another. Remember the LSU quarterback that transferred there a couple of years ago after getting in some kind of trouble? Ryan Periloux (spelling?) At one time, he was a big time recruit coming out of high school top 3 or so in the country as I recall. This running back they have now is a former big time Auburn recruit. They have a good program.
I'm glad to see ESPN changed the JU Dolphin logo to the JSU Gamecock logo. (y)

JaxSinfonian

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm glad to see ESPN changed the JU Dolphin logo to the JSU Gamecock logo. (y)

We are, too.

We're used to this sort of thing, of course. I remember being on MARTA with my group headed for the the Gamecocks' 2009 game at Bobby Dodd when a Tech fan asked us how long our drive had been. "About an hour and a half," we replied. His confusion told us he'd assumed we were from Florida.

Helluva game your team played Monday night. It was all going exactly as I wanted, in double overtime, right up until the failed two-point conversion. I'd rather our guys be facing a spent but relieved Yellow Jackets squad instead of the angry swarm Tennessee's doubtless left us with. See y'all Saturday.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Just watched that a little bit ago. Very impressive and well spoken young man. I was in the camp that we'd move him to aback when LJ or JJ was ready to step into the #1 or #2 position, but with the way he played and the way he leads on the field I'm fully on the TM train through 2018.

X2! He's very charismatic, Seems like a natural leader

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Forgive me if this is being discussed elsewhere, but did anyone notice the UCF game has been cancelled too? That's one more team we have to play who's coming off a bye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Forgive me if this is being discussed elsewhere, but did anyone notice the UCF game has been cancelled too? That's one more team we have to play who's coming off a bye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those young men and coaches will have much more to worry about than the game. Their focus will be on family and friends safety and not prepping for a football game.