Jacksonville state game week

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I worry about this game. A lot. Crowd will be significantly smaller and less enthusiastic after Monday's loss. I think we'll be flat. They'll be super fired up. Recipe for a trap game.

Just hope we win. A loss here would be devastating.
Disagree I think the guys will come out mad about monday and put it to them early. I don't think we miss a beat.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Remember to Wear gold, this is the Gold-Out game.
Please note this are not gold
th
th
th

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
We put it to TN early. Need to finish vs Jax St.
Not really, we didn't really put it to UT until the second half. We had a really good first half but nothing like the second half. When I say put it to them early I mean like 21 to 28 points in the first half.

Jmonty71

Banned
Yep, get up 14 points, don't stop. 21 - don't stop. 35? Don't stop. 50+, then I'm good with the 2nd string coming in. Lets be devastating like Louisville was at times last year and how Bobby Bowden used to 70-10 people.
Only issue is.. CPJ is way too classy to run the score up, on purpose.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
JSU HC JOHN GRASS PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES - GEORGIA TECH WEEK

Pulled out and highlighted a couple comments for those who don't want to read everything.
Opening Comments:
"It was kind of funny not being in here last week doing this and having a week off. This is pretty unusual as you play one and you are off and then you play another one and then another off week. I thought we handled last week pretty well because it was unusual and we were sitting on go on Monday getting ready for an opponent, but you are off. We stayed fresh and worked on our opponent and we worked on cleaning some stuff up after the first week. We needed to continue to work and get better, so it was a productive week. We are still a fresh and healthy football team and we are looking forward to playing this week."

"Watching the game last night, you knew that Georgia Tech would be a quality opponent, an ACC team that won nine games last year and beat Georgia and Virginia Tech last year and had more returning starters that Coach Johnson has had in his tenure there. They are a veteran team and I don't know that I have ever seen a team that rushed it for 535 yards on offense and lost the game. I thought they were very deserving to win that game against Tennessee. I have always tried to watch them a couple games a year and I just admire how they play the game. They play it physical and they block and tackle well, so they do what they do. I think the extra week to prepare helps a little bit and I don't think that a short week for them is a disadvantage or advantage to us because if you ask the players would they want two games in a week or miss two practices in a week? They want to play and their guys will be ready to play on Saturday. They will be ready especially after letting one get away that I think they should have won. You take the two turnovers out of the game and it is probably a blowout.

"I think there were some questions about the quarterback on that team after losing the starter last year, but I think that question got answered real quickly last night against Tennessee. He broke the school record for rushing attempts by a quarterback with 41 and he played really well. We have our work cut out for us, but our guys will be ready to go on Saturday. They really don't look at who we play; it is about how we play. We will see how much improvement we have made from the first game to the second game.
On Bryant Horn's first start at quarterback:
"I thought he played well in his first game. I think was a little nervous before the game and I think getting a game under his belt as the starter; he will become more comfortable. He is a really good decision maker and protects the football. I think he will only get better with time and proud of the way he played against Chattanooga."