Jacksonville state game week

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
AJC: Georgia Tech opposing player to watch, offense: Roc Thomas
A 5-foot-11, 193-pound senior, Thomas was chosen FCS national player of the week after the No. 5 Gamecocks’ season-opening win against then-No. 12 Chattanooga on Aug. 26.

Thomas accumulated 190 all-purpose yards (122 rushing, 68 receiving) and scored a touchdown on a 76-yard run in the first quarter. His receiving yards included a nice 48-yard catch-and-run play in the second.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Did their coach really say us playing Monday is not a disadvantage to us and and not an advantage to them? And that you just go and play? He must have a team full of energizer bunnies, they just don't need rest. I think we will win, but rest is a major factor in football.

I think what he was saying reading between the lines is that all the prep work they did last week ( probably heavily focused on making our unproven qb carry the team) got thrown out since if they do that marshall might kill them. if monday reset their preparation it isn't really advantage them. Except the rest aspect. But you'd think with 85 scholarship players vs 63 we should have some depth capable of making up the difference.

I still think this is a setup job by bobinski to try to get an fcs loss to fire johnson before he left. They have some advantages.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
They are not a pushover but we should win handily unless the turnover bug bites us hard. We need to be the team benefiting from turnovers. If our D can start causing more turnovers then one or two of our own won't be as damaging.