Jacksonville state game week

northgajacket

Banned
Wasn't able to see the Jax St./ Chattanooga game. How was Jax St. ? I know they have either a RB or QB who initially went to Auburn.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't able to see the Jax St./ Chattanooga game. How was Jax St. ? I know they have either a RB or QB who initially went to Auburn.
They're pretty good defensively but Chattanooga had to go with their backup QB all game long after the NCAA, the day before the game, suspended the starter for four games for academic issues - even though he is on track to graduate in December. Backup really struggled. JSU wasn't all that impressive on offense. The tailback, the Auburn transfer, had a long run.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The RB is pretty good he didn't look as powerful or shifty as the guy last night though. He was a top 5 RB coming out of high school. They have a pretty quick DE but he's a lighter guy. I don't think they have much of a chance, but you never know. The QB play wasn't the greatest for them either.

northgajacket

Banned
They're pretty good defensively but Chattanooga had to go with their backup QB all game long after the NCAA, the day before the game, suspended the starter for four games for academic issues - even though he is on track to graduate in December. Backup really struggled. JSU wasn't all that impressive on offense. The tailback, the Auburn transfer, had a long run.

Dirty move by the NCAA IMO, but not surprised.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
The RB is pretty good he didn't look as powerful or shifty as the guy last night though. He was a top 5 RB coming out of high school. They have a pretty quick DE but he's a lighter guy. I don't think they have much of a chance, but you never know. The QB play wasn't the greatest for them either.
I also thought they had good length on the edge of the defense.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

So the kicker was "kicking good in practice."

That suggests that the mental side of the game/moment is what got him.

But then I wonder if they practice kicks with a full 11 on 11 or just snapper/holder/kicker? The problem is low kicks, you're not gonna know that unless you got guys trying to block it.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Not sure this is the right place for this, but I need 2 more tickets for Saturday. PM me if you would like to get rid of yours.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I hope we freaking win. That is all I hope. Well, and no injuries. This is no gimmie.

I worry about this game. A lot. Crowd will be significantly smaller and less enthusiastic after Monday's loss. I think we'll be flat. They'll be super fired up. Recipe for a trap game.

Just hope we win. A loss here would be devastating.