It's fine

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
I still believe Collins has the right plan for GT. But it's now going to be a big challenge keeping people engaged long enough for it to come to fruition. Need a good win or two desperately.
We need a statement win this year, or a surprise year next year. Look at Wake Forest. I am not saying that Wake Forest is an adequate comparison to our situation. Clawson has been there for years and they have been on a steady rise for a while. That said, 85%!!!!! of their undergrad student body went to the game this past Saturday. I understand Wake is a small school but that is amazing. I have had family that went to Wake and it is by no means a football school historically. Things that like is how your get future die hard fans showing up and investing in the program for years to come. All of us have tech memories like that which is why we are on this board.

I am not expecting a top ten year any time soon. A couple of big wins or a hot start next year will do a lot for the morale of our fanbase. Let's hope for the good of GT football that we have something like that within the next calendar year. If not, it is likely the beginning of the end of the Collins' tenure.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I still believe Collins has the right plan for GT. But it's now going to be a big challenge keeping people engaged long enough for it to come to fruition. Need a good win or two desperately.
Time will tell if he has the right plan, but hope is hanging by a thread. He needs to win the next two.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Part of the problem is that our old players are Holdovers from the previous regime. The rest of the upperclassman are transfers- only a few of which are making an impact.
Yep. Who is making in impact that is older? Djimon Brooks? A walk on…

Everyone had great hopes for the older transfers and who is even playing out of that crew?

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
We need a statement win this year, or a surprise year next year. Look at Wake Forest. I am not saying that Wake Forest is an adequate comparison to our situation. Clawson has been there for years and they have been on a steady rise for a while. That said, 85%!!!!! of their undergrad student body went to the game this past Saturday. I understand Wake is a small school but that is amazing. I have had family that went to Wake and it is by no means a football school historically. Things that like is how your get future die hard fans showing up and investing in the program for years to come. All of us have tech memories like that which is why we are on this board.

I am not expecting a top ten year any time soon. A couple of big wins or a hot start next year will do a lot for the morale of our fanbase. Let's hope for the good of GT football that we have something like that within the next calendar year. If not, it is likely the beginning of the end of the Collins' tenure.
If we were 7-1 or whatever Wake Forest is we would have 40k in the stands. Atlanta is a fair weather town.

Did you see the Falcons game yesterday? 1/3 full.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
million threads going on and I just want to bring everyone down to earth. We are not the best as of the moment, but When you look and see 85% of our team is freshman and sophmores I feel like we need t
I know the kids are trying so I'm not going to rip them but seems like its more about looking good than playing good. In power 5 everyone has good players (some more than others) and for the most part its somewhat level playing field. So it comes down to preparation and execution. I think our coaches get an F for both of these. It still feels like we are doing square peg round hole on both sides of the ball. Doesn't seem like we are giving our players the opportunities to win and be successful because of crappy play calling and schemes.. It use to get me frustrated but my "give a crap" meter is almost out. I'll be at the game this weekend but might be my last one for a while. Sometimes it seems like we (as in the fans) care more about the W/L then our head coach and his staff.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We are ok. There is a million threads going on and I just want to bring everyone down to earth. We are not the best as of the moment, but When you look and see 85% of our team is freshman and sophmores I feel like we need to stop and take a second to look and just calm down.
Thanks, Geoff!

Seriously though, I’ve been preaching the youth dilemma and changing the offense with bigger players all year. Nobody listens because they want to win immediately like the factory schools do it. Losing without having back to back wins in 2 3/4 seasons while the HC is calling Duke’s offense one of the best in the nation, well that’s blowing smoke up the fan bases‘ tailpipe. I’m not giving up on him, because a true g & w, has no realistic option. Not that contractually there is a choice.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
We are ok. There is a million threads going on and I just want to bring everyone down to earth. We are not the best as of the moment, but When you look and see 85% of our team is freshman and sophmores I feel like we need to stop and take a second to look and just calm down.
There was a self help book back in the day entitled "I'm OK, You're OK" After a while it was seen as being rubbish and was eventually roundly criticized as psychobabble . The prospect, however slim, of a third straight 3 win season is most definitely not "OK".

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
If we were 7-1 or whatever Wake Forest is we would have 40k in the stands. Atlanta is a fair weather town.

Did you see the Falcons game yesterday? 1/3 full.
You're exactly right. We just need somthing to energize the fans. The same can be said for Collins' press conferences. If we were winning, it'd just be normal coach-speak. Since we are losing, it rubs people the wrong way.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
If you believe the youth theory then you have to believe that we will be a substantially better football team next year. Personally, ill be pretty surprised if we make a bowl game.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
When do you expect the plan will officially start? I'm not sure I was aware there would be a 3 year delay in the defensive development plan.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Everyone's favorite Kirby Smart nails it. And why I support Collins because I do believe the upgrade in talent will pay off.

Thanks for linking. I find it very interesting that he quantifies the elements to coach a top ranked team and it is enlightening to me. I don't know I accept it as gospel but I do feel he is certainly more qualified than I am to speak on the topic. Even if he did graduate from Uga.