It's fine

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't think simply winning will fill the stands again. It will take a team full of Atlanta area players putting on a spectacle (likely offensively) to attract people with no direct affiliation to GT.
I think consistent winning at an above average rate will improve attendance. I think there's a lot the GTAA could do to improve the game-day experience that would also improve attendance. However, I think half the existing fanbase would ***** and complain about those changes and the other half would support it. Lots of grumpy old men in the stands still.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, everybody is young. On ever message board I go to (and I go to a lot), I see "we're really young", but honestly, while some teams are a LITTLE younger than others, every single team has more underclassmen than upperclassmen.

1) Covid redshirt year means everybody is back a year
2) Redshirts
3) Portal attrition
4) Regular attrition.

There are ALWAYS more freshman and sophomores than juniors and seniors, and this is especially true with covid (think Jeff Sims being a freshman).

To wit, I looked at the following rosters (source: CBS Sports, because it's easy to format into a spreadsheet): at your schedule.

GT has 97/124 (78%) Freshmen and Sophomore:
NU: 98/114 (86%)
KSU: 71/105 (67%)
Clemson: 88/130 (68%)
UNC: 75/112 (67%)
Pitt: 74/125 (59%)
Duke: 67/114 (59%)
UVA: 77/126 ( 61%)
VT: 94/126 (75%)
Miami: 83/110 (75%) (only 9 seniors!)
BC: 64/114 (56%)
ND: 72/112 (64%)
UGA: 90/132 (68%)

As you see, you guys are on they younger end, but you're not outside the "normal range"

Further, probably the 2 worst teams on your schedule are the 2 oldest (Duke and BC).

I don't know that I buy "we're young" very much.
So, the rest of the story is, "How many are upper classmen? (4 to 6 years experience.)

GT ------ 27
NIU----- 21
KSU----- 34
CU------ 42
UNC---- 37
PITT----- 51
DUKE--- 47
UVA---- 49
UM -----27
BC ------50
ND -----40
UGA----42

This was our handicap coming into the season. Of these numbers, "How many are 6th year?" Do they start and what is their positions. I assume all 6th year are starters, otherwise what is the point? Experience is of great importance to these positions in order: QB, OL, DL, Secondary.

I hope this provides a greater understanding as to why some are requesting patience.

Last edited:

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
We are improving little by little and the coaching is improving little by little. The problem is that the players are making crucial mistakes in the most crucial times and it’s causing what should have been wins to turn into loses. Other than the Pitt game which we were not in it we had a chance to win or tie to go two overtime in every game so far. If that’s not improving from 2019 two 2021 I don’t know what is, Like Paul Johnson has always said and Even Collins have said the margin of error is razor thin for about 95% of college football teams and not making the critical play in the critical times is the difference between winning and losing the game. I’m the worlds most critical fan and I get so pist off when we lose probably more than anybody but I also realize you got two make the plays when when you half to make them. We are getting closer and closer to be able to pull out the wins. We will get there I promise you especially if we can keep our core of young players that we got and continue to recruit they way we been doing. I will take time but we will get there so jacket nation stay on the ship and don’t jump Bc it’s not going to sink.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We make mistakes all over not just in crucial times. Look at the first VT TD. 2nd drive of the game. No one near him. I wish it was as easy as knowing we are losing because of a few crucial mistakes at the worst time. We could all live with that. We are getting smoked from the jump. Or like in UVA we start out ok but then get the python treatment for 40 minutes.

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
Too slow. Too little. Too late. I know I've said we need patience, but patience is running thin. I had patience up to the VT game. Now I want to see W's.
I was just saying we are not that far behind this year for the teams that we played so far. Other than the major players in college football we can play with the rest of them. It’s called parity every team is are about the same except for a very small few. Just listen two all of the coaches press conferences. The teams with less mistakes will win most games. We’re not Bama UGa Ou TU Oregon Texas A@M USC Notra Dame or Michigan and never will be not less somebody can convince Coca Cola Wafle House and the Dewberry Family two start writing big time checks to the Athletic Department. Get them on board then we would most definitely be right up with them and could ever surpass some of them. They certainly got enough money and power to do it!!!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
All things are relative. You have to take into account the steady decline of all publically attended sporting events. Our decline hasn't been any more precipitous than any other program. If you disagree with that, then we needn't continue the dialog.
If you’ve watched many non-GT ACC games this year (i know why?) then you have seen that we are certainly not alone when it comes to terrible attendance.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Guess you don't sit in the same section I do at the games.
I hope u change your mind about no longer coming to games.

Your decesion made me think about upping my donations with the money i could save doing that ( no tickets+ drive 5 hours + get hotel for 2 days).

Maybe more of us should try this. Probably few on here actually attend.

When they get good i am sure we can get good seats. As they get good gtaa could sell the seats. Win win - dont see crummy play and gt gets more money to hire better staff. I will check .

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
Buy fans saying they don’t want to come two games only hurts the football programs people I just don’t understand why we have so many fans that say they are not going to any more games. It hurts our recruiting so bad and also our team play. No good food recruit wants to go play in a half or even less that half empty stadium where the could go play in a great environment. If any body to blame for the decline of the football program it is us the fans. So jacket nation stop complaining because we are just as responsible for the program than the coaches are. Players and Coaches come and go but if you are truly a Jackets fan then we should never leave!!!

Animal02

Banned
Buy fans saying they don’t want to come two games only hurts the football programs people I just don’t understand why we have so many fans that say they are not going to any more games. It hurts our recruiting so bad and also our team play. No good food recruit wants to go play in a half or even less that half empty stadium where the could go play in a great environment. If any body to blame for the decline of the football program it is us the fans. So jacket nation stop complaining because we are just as responsible for the program than the coaches are. Players and Coaches come and go but if you are truly a Jackets fan then we should never leave!!!
GC made it pretty obvious it was all about the "players" and not the fans.........you want fans to return, you make them feel they are a number one priority.

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
GC made it pretty obvious it was all about the "players" and not the fans.........you want fans to return, you make them feel they are a number one priority.
there main focus right now is getting these players two start playing winning football. They half to worry about the players and the team right now. That’s what’s he’s trying to say. Read between the lines will y’all.

Animal02

Banned
there main focus right now is getting these players two start playing winning football. They half to worry about the players and the team right now. That’s what’s he’s trying to say. Read between the lines will y’all.
Your main focus should be to learn proper grammar.
No need to read between lines......the program is far off track and the HC just throttle more heading the wrong direction.