Is Jeff Monken our next coach when CPJ retires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
As a group, alums, school we have indeed proven many times over that we are dumb enough to hire / not hire someone based on where they went to school.

And I am sure Shamire will appreciate being labled as a "small, quick lineman."

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
Just look at Georgia Southern.
Willie Fritz would be a good hire.
Moving totally away from the option is a huge mistake.
At this point it would be a program killer.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Just look at Georgia Southern.
Willie Fritz would be a good hire.
Moving totally away from the option is a huge mistake.
At this point it would be a program killer.

Program killer? Not sure how you define “program”.

Before the game tonite we are winning 37% of our games vs uga, um, cu, fsu and vt over the last 10 years.

Some things need to “die.”

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
After being an option and CPJ supporter for 10 years, I have had enough.

Even Syracuse can do better on offense. Against very good defenses, you simply cannot be one dimensional. I am over the option.

I guess we will always be a third rate power in football. 7-5 every year and once in a decade a decent team (like 10-2). Seems like GT is self limited to that level of result based on our academics and limited finances.

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow

Even Syracuse can do better on offense. Against very good defenses, you simply cannot be one dimensional. I am over the option.

I guess we will always be a third rate power in football. 7-5 every year and once in a decade a decent team (like 10-2). Seems like GT is self limited to that level of result based on our academics and limited finances.
Then open up your checkbook!!!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

GT will be a 7-5 or 8-4 team until we have more money and get more degree options. CPJ gives us the best shot to win imo. It's not his offense, it's that the players are not executing. Blocking is awful in this game. We have been fine all season, but we are playing a freak of a D.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
GT will be a 7-5 or 8-4 team until we have more money and get more degree options. CPJ gives us the best shot to win imo. It's not his offense, it's that the players are not executing. Blocking is awful in this game. We have been fine all season, but we are playing a freak of a D.
You kinda missed the part where I pointed out that mighty Syracuse had done MUCH better against this “ freak of a D”.

They’re good on D , sure. But so is UGa, so is Miami, so is VPI&SU.....we simply won’t win by running every down. Syracuse has a more entertaining offense, and IT WORKED. Ours doesn’t anymore, except against average or weak D’s.

I should add the weather hurts us. A guy like Marshall depends on his quickness, his ability to duck, dodge and weave through small holes. Can’t do that in conditions like this or Miami. Yet we have no other alternatives with CPJ. Passing. Bah! CPJ don’t need no stinkin’ passes!

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
Clemson is the best team we are going to face all year. I love CPJ and I love the triple option. It works best for our school and the players that come to Tech. But Clemson just has a different level/size of players than we do and it's hard to match up against that.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I'm happy with 7-8 win seasons and Bowl Games because of the difficulties in recruiting at GT that is the best that can be done most of the time.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I'm not ready to for CPJ to go but I'm just frustrated that we can't even field a competitive game against them. We drop a turd when it comes to these teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.