Is Jeff Monken our next coach when CPJ retires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJacket

Banned
Monken has Army playing some really good football. Seems like it would be a natural transition and solid hire to keep the moneyball option offense going at GT.

BigJacket

Banned
No. No more Triple Option when PJ calls it quits.

Why, it’s really our only advantage over other teams with all the limitations we have here. It gives us a fighting chance to compete with factory schools and beat them every once in a while. Every opposing coach and teams HATES going against the option. Why do you think every team wants a bye week before us ?

You do realize when GT hires a new coach that tries to transition us to a totally new offense we will be a dumpster fire for several to numerous years. We will have players that are round pegs and will be trying to force them into a square hole with a new system. GT can’t recruit with the big boys, I’m good running the option like the service academies for the next 50 years. Just keep plucking their coaches and Monken looks to be a good one and knows what GT is about

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Why, it’s really our only advantage over other teams with all the limitations we have here. It’s gives us a fighting chance to compete with factory schools and beat them every once in a while.

You do realize when GT hires a new coach that tries to transition us to a totally new offense we will be a dumpster fire for several to numerous years. We will have players that are round pegs and will be trying to force them into a square hole with a new system.
I think that we should keep the option, but I completely disagree with you that the transition will be a dumpster fire. I mean we were a pro style system, yet CPJ had no problem installing his system in his first two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.