Is Jeff Monken our next coach when CPJ retires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milwaukee

Banned
After being an option and CPJ supporter for 10 years, I have had enough.

Even Syracuse can do better on offense. Against very good defenses, you simply cannot be one dimensional. I am over the option.

I guess we will always be a third rate power in football. 7-5 every year and once in a decade a decent team (like 10-2). Seems like GT is self limited to that level of result based on our academics and limited finances.
giphy (4).gif

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Not much left for this team to play for. Will be interesting to see if they can get to a bowl and get a win they shouldn't. Looking like we should be 2-2 down the stretch and most likely finish 6-5.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You kinda missed the part where I pointed out that mighty Syracuse had done MUCH better against this “ freak of a D”.

They’re good on D , sure. But so is UGa, so is Miami, so is VPI&SU.....we simply won’t win by running every down. Syracuse has a more entertaining offense, and IT WORKED. Ours doesn’t anymore, except against average or weak D’s.

I should add the weather hurts us. A guy like Marshall depends on his quickness, his ability to duck, dodge and weave through small holes. Can’t do that in conditions like this or Miami. Yet we have no other alternatives with CPJ. Passing. Bah! CPJ don’t need no stinkin’ passes!
EVERY team has bad games. I would pick Clemson 10 out of 10 times against Syracuse. Not to mention we've been WAY better than Sayracuse over the years, so no way I would get rid of CPJ to be like a Syracuse team that hasn't done much of anything in football. There is very few teams that shut us down on D, and those teams normally shut every team down on D. us changing coaches and system won't make us a consistent 9 and 10 win team. Changing our requirements to get into GT and getting more degree options is one of the only things that will help us get to that point.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
People crack me up. Losing to the defending national champs on their field in the rain and people are ready to fire the coach. Lol.
Seriously. It's not like that don't have 8 guys on the D line that will probably play in the NFL.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol. Not much left to play for? Wtf? It's not even November.

What exactly is left? Beating Georgia is about it and getting to a bowl. ACC is pretty much guaranteed to be off the table. Win out, we get a half decent bowl. Anything less and we get a pretty lower tier bowl. At this point the team is playing for pride - that's what I mean.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
What exactly is left? Beating Georgia is about it and getting to a bowl. ACC is pretty much guaranteed to be off the table. Win out, we get a half decent bowl. Anything less and we get a pretty lower tier bowl. At this point the team is playing for pride.
Win out and you still have a chance for the ACCCG. All you need is Miami to lose two and with the way they have looked VT could beat them plus Virginia or Pitt. Not saying it will happen, but there is still a lot to play for. If we win out we will be playing in a pretty good bowl game at 8-3.

Milwaukee

Banned
Win out and you still have a chance for the ACCCG. All you need is Miami to lose two and with the way they have looked VT could beat them plus Virginia or Pitt. Not saying it will happen, but there is still a lot to play for. If we win out we will be playing in a pretty good bowl game at 8-3.

We need Miami to lose 3 now, right?

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Miamuh would need to lose three. They hold the head to head and ACC rules are the team with the best record, division and non division (I could be wrong, but pretty certain that's how that works).

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Miamuh would need to lose three. They hold the head to head and ACC rules are the team with the best record, division and non division (I could be wrong, but pretty certain that's how that works).
It could be a 3 way tie with GT, VT, and Miami. From my understanding its head to head and then goes into stuff like point differential ect. I don't think non division record matters because they are trying to figure out who was the best in conference.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
After being an option and CPJ supporter for 10 years, I have had enough.

Even Syracuse can do better on offense. Against very good defenses, you simply cannot be one dimensional. I am over the option.

I guess we will always be a third rate power in football. 7-5 every year and once in a decade a decent team (like 10-2). Seems like GT is self limited to that level of result based on our academics and limited finances.

Penn State only had 285 yards of offense today

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
It could be a 3 way tie with GT, VT, and Miami. From my understanding its head to head and then goes into stuff like point differential ect. I don't think non division record matters because they are trying to figure out who was the best in conference.

3 way will be the only way we have any shot. So, GT wins out and Miami somehow loses twice we might have a shot.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
To he'll with the acc we need Miami undefeated. Anything to keep uga out of the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.