Ireland

Llowe1973

Georgia Tech Fan
Have any of you tried Air BnB for a place?

AirBNB is a good service and easy to use. Often times you can get more space for the money this way. Just pay attention to the reviews posted by other travelers to make sure it is a reputable host. Also make sure that you filter your search to rent the "entire place" versus a room in someone's home.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
AirBNB is a good service and easy to use. Often times you can get more space for the money this way. Just pay attention to the reviews posted by other travelers to make sure it is a reputable host. Also make sure that you filter your search to rent the "entire place" versus a room in someone's home.
A friend of mine and I went down the east coast a few months ago on a road trip and we stayed in an air bnb rented room in Brooklyn. It was in a really cool area and we paid like $50 a night. We had a private bathroom and a nice room that had 2 single beds. If you don't mind talking or meeting new people it can be a cool experience to rent a private room, and can be a lot cheaper than renting the entire place. I would definitely check reviews and talk to the renter first.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I'll probably get one foe each of my 5 kids and my wife (she has 2 degrees from Tech).

(but I will bring one gold sweatshirt for the game, just for you. It's a little stained, but you already said you don't care.)
Five kids? My hat is off to you and your wife.Well done!!

Buzz4President

Georgia Tech Fan
Have any of you tried Air BnB for a place?

Not exactly Airbnb, but we are staying in a private flat here in Edinburgh, Scotland that my daughter found through Tripadvisor. We have four bedrooms(one more than we need), two full bathrooms, a living room, kitchen and laundry room for way less than three hotel rooms would have cost. It is is in a very nice area close to the city center.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I used Air B&B for last year's ND game. It was well worth it. It works especially well for large groups wanting to split the cost of a whole house. My two brothers and I brought our whole families and had a great time and the cost was cheaper than a hotel and way more comfortable. The host even left us some local craft beers in the fridge. (A note telling us to enjoy them let us know.)

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Not exactly Airbnb, but we are staying in a private flat here in Edinburgh, Scotland that my daughter found through Tripadvisor. We have four bedrooms(one more than we need), two full bathrooms, a living room, kitchen and laundry room for way less than three hotel rooms would have cost. It is is in a very nice area close to the city center.
I absolutely love Edinburgh. I was very fortunate several years ago to be there during the Edinburgh Military Tattoo which put me in bagpipe heaven!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So I've seen a lot of info on when the pubs close...anyone know when they open?

What are the pre-game plans for those that are attending?

SouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think most open at 11:00 but I did see the bridge 1859 pub opens at 9:00. We'll probably hit the pre-game tailgate at Trinity at 9:00 (they'll have beer and bbq) until we head over to the stadium.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Anyone else getting screwed over by Ticketmaster? My tickets (after 3 misfires by them) were guaranteed to be on my doorstep when I got home. Surprise, nothing delivered AGAIN. They claim they were mailed today & will be on my doorstep Thurs which is great because I'm heading out of country tomorrow. Add insult to injury, I bought them with the now defunct Costco Amex card.

I have learned my lesson purchasing tickets from GT. They can blame it on someone else, but GT arranged for Ticketmaster to handle this on their behalf. Guess I'll do what I used to do & scalp some off some GT fan at the game. I've tried to support the Institute & program by buying tickets thru the website, but all it does it get you hosed because nobody takes responsibility for anything anymore. I'll be doing it the old fashioned way from here forward. I hand you cash, you give me the goods.

Anyone else getting screwed over by Ticketmaster? My tickets (after 3 misfires by them) were guaranteed to be on my doorstep when I got home. Surprise, nothing delivered AGAIN. They claim they were mailed today & will be on my doorstep Thurs which is great because I'm heading out of country tomorrow. Add insult to injury, I bought them with the now defunct Costco Amex card.

I have learned my lesson purchasing tickets from GT. They can blame it on someone else, but GT arranged for Ticketmaster to handle this on their behalf. Guess I'll do what I used to do & scalp some off some GT fan at the game. I've tried to support the Institute & program by buying tickets thru the website, but all it does it get you hosed because nobody takes responsibility for anything anymore. I'll be doing it the old fashioned way from here forward. I hand you cash, you give me the goods.
I'm not sure you can blame Tech. Ticketmaster, from my experience, usually does a good job. They definitely screwed the pooch on this one though....at least for a lot of you guys. I don't see why they can't email you the tickets, especially now that you will already be gone by the time they are delivered. Fortunately, I got mine in late June; I don't understand why everybody didn't get them then.