Ireland

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Finally got that email yesterday. I guess they knew they had problems. After exchanging multiple emails and phone calls with both Ticketmaster US and Ticketmaster Ireland (and being told repeatedly that my tickets would either be sent soon or there was nothing they could do), I finally emailed the ticketmaster.ie address in the email from yesterday and they emailed me my print at home tickets in less than 24 hours. Ticketmaster is the worst.

Glad to hear you got your tickets. If TM.com had referred us to TM.ie in the first place, it would have saved many people a lot of anxious moments.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Statement on behalf of Irish American Events Ltd re the Aer Lingus College Football Classic

http://collegefootballireland.com/iael-statement/

Irish American Events Ltd (IAEL), the organisers of the Aer Lingus College Football Classic at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday, 3rd September, is outraged by the claims made by the Irish American Football Association (IAFA) on their website yesterday.

The Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) game in Dublin between Boston College and Georgia Tech is being conducted in accordance with the rules of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), who is the governing body for all US college athletics. The National Collegiate Athletic Association is a member-led organisation dedicated to the well-being and lifelong success of college athletes. The ACC and the NCAA has officially confirmed that:

“Provided the game is played in accordance with NCAA rules of play, there is no sanctioning process that needs to take place.”

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Statement on behalf of Irish American Events Ltd re the Aer Lingus College Football Classic

Irish American Events Ltd (IAEL), the organisers of the Aer Lingus College Football Classic at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday, 3rd September, is outraged by the claims made by the Irish American Football Association (IAFA) on their website yesterday.

The Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) game in Dublin between Boston College and Georgia Tech is being conducted in accordance with the rules of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), who is the governing body for all US college athletics. The National Collegiate Athletic Association is a member-led organisation dedicated to the well-being and lifelong success of college athletes. The ACC and the NCAA has officially confirmed that:

“Provided the game is played in accordance with NCAA rules of play, there is no sanctioning process that needs to take place.”

That whole thing was just a shakedown. Pretty embarrassing...

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

This looks like some sort of pissing contest between two independent organizations that want to host American football events in Ireland. I assume that the game is in no danger of being cancelled, but has anyone else read anything beyond this?

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
http://www.newstalk.com/American-fo...ad-without-sanction-from-Irish-governing-body

The Department of Transport and Sport says it has no legal power to interfere with the event:

"While the Department would encourage sporting event holders to seek sanction of the relevant national governing body (NGB), we respect the autonomy of both events organisers and sporting organisations generally.

"There are no legislative provisions that require event organisers to seek sanction from Ireland’s NGBs nor are there legislative requirements that compel those NGBs to grant sanction," a spokesperson from the Department said in a statement issued to Newstalk.

The IAFA expressed its disappointment at these comments: "The Department have undermined all NGBs and the regulation of all sporting events by their actions. We are concerned that promoters have been given carte blanche to run events," it said.

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
The Official Pub of Georgia Tech Fans, Café En Seine is one of Dublin's most popular drinks and nightlife venues and is the perfect place for GT fans to celebrate an amazing game week. Visit Café En Seine for a delicious Parisien inspired lunch, dinner or snack. For more info -http://cafeenseine.ie/
View attachment 1734

Whoa whoa whoa... Are you saying the official pub of Tech fans is a place called Café INSANE?!?!? I am SO there

Just got an email link to fans' apparel being sold in Dublin. BC gets shirts in their primary school color. Tech gets BLUE shirts. You know damn well that somebody at Tech could have told those people that our primary colors are white and gold. They won't be getting my business; that's for sure.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just got an email link to fans' apparel being sold in Dublin. BC gets shirts in their primary school color. Tech gets BLUE shirts. You know damn well that somebody at Tech could have told those people that our primary colors are white and gold. They won't be getting my business; that's for sure.
I'll buy one!!!! Or maybe two.

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm noticing a lot of love for BC in this whole deal. The College Football Ireland site loves them some BC. I totally understand - BC is probably the most Irish Catholic school in Div 1 outside of Notre Dame.

That's okay. We'll go to the game, be super polite, crush their football dreams, drink their excellent beer and come home.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Every shirt I am taking is yellow/gold. That's all I will be wearing from the time I leave my house until the time I return to my house. I have NO NEED WHATSOEVER for a damn blue shirt.
I'll probably get one foe each of my 5 kids and my wife (she has 2 degrees from Tech).

(but I will bring one gold sweatshirt for the game, just for you. It's a little stained, but you already said you don't care.)

I'll probably get one foe each of my 5 kids and my wife (she has 2 degrees from Tech).

(but I will bring one gold sweatshirt for the game, just for you. It's a little stained, but you already said you don't care.)
No, I don't care, although I don't know why that matters. LOL Like I said, all I am taking are gold/yellow shirts....7 of them, if I remember right.