Ireland

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Also, for those renting and driving.....on rural roads, be care coming around curves and over hills tops,. I almost killed a few sheep. On the Ring of Kerry, the roads are very narrow. I had to pull into the hedges and fold in the mirrors for buses to get by. I highly recommend Kindle for those making it to the southwest coast. Seafood is incredible. If you do make it there,. check out the Spaniard pub.
All true except I think you mean Kinsale- not Kindle. And yes- The Spaniard is a great spot for a pint or three!

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Quick PSA for those who have not received their tickets. We contacted Ticketmaster recently and were told that our tickets had been moved to a Will Call only pickup and would not be shipped to us. Of course, in true TM style, they only informed us of this after we called and emailed them. So, for those of you without tickets, you might want to reach out and see what they say.

UK Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
It's official, Dublin accommodation price is now through the roof for game weekend. Complete crazy prices. There IS availability, but it's now cheaper to stay in The SAVOY Hotel London, than in Dublin on Sept 3/4. To put this into context either of those 2 night prices is what I'd expect to pay per person for a 7 day holiday from UK to Florida!!

Savoy.jpg

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I copied this from another forum, I don't know how many of you are aware.......

Time is running short to raise the $10,000 needed to get the Yellow Jacket Marching Band to Dublin, Ireland. The GTBAA (alumni band) is doing their part and as a member, I am hoping each of you can take a moment and make a donation and get our band there and make us proud as always.

https://www.gtbaa.org/

Fundraising Goal: EXCEEDED
Written Aug 6, 2016 by John Gorta

The GTBAA Executive Board would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to all of the Tech Band Alumni and the entire Georgia Tech Family for your support and generosity. As of Friday evening, we exceeded our goal of $10,000 raised for the Georgia Tech Band, supporting the trip to Ireland.

Thank you to everybody who helped in some way to make this campaign a success! Go Jackets!

It's official, Dublin accommodation price is now through the roof for game weekend. Complete crazy prices. There IS availability, but it's now cheaper to stay in The SAVOY Hotel London, than in Dublin on Sept 3/4. To put this into context either of those 2 night prices is what I'd expect to pay per person for a 7 day holiday from UK to Florida!!

View attachment 1709 .
There are still plenty of great deals offered on Travelocity and Expedia. Why stay at a hotel like the Savoy anyway? Even at standard rates, it's still overpriced.

Milwaukee

Banned
Something just opened up on my work schedule so I'm gonna try to make the trip after all. I'll be pushing my Riviera Maya trip off til Nov or Dec so this works out great for me. Is there still a way to get tix in the Tech section?

Also, what is this fiasco gonna cost, ball park?

Thanks in advance for any info. I'll do research tonight but I'm just looking for some rough figures. I'd prefer to stay near the stadium and not have to deal with renting a car.

2 Tix, airfare, hotel for just a couple nights - estimate?

Something just opened up on my work schedule so I'm gonna try to make the trip after all. I'll be pushing my Riviera Maya trip off til Nov or Dec so this works out great for me. Is there still a way to get tix in the Tech section?

Thanks in advance for any info. I'll do research tonight but I'm just looking for some rough figures. I'd prefer to stay near the stadium and not have to deal with renting a car.

Check TicketMaster for tix. Check Travelocity for GREAT flight/hotel deals. Unless you require luxury, you should be able to do it all for around $4500.00 total for 2, including the tix.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer

Tix should be available. Will call only I believe.

Expect 2800-3500 ballpark if you don't book through GTAA (I don't have nearly thay much in the trip but, I planned early and chose things on my own to do).

Glad you are getting to go. THE MORE THE MERRIER!!
I'm looking forward to it being a once in a lifetime trip for the kiddo and I.

Tix should be available. Will call only I believe.

Expect 2800-3500 ballpark if you don't book through GTAA (I don't have nearly thay much in the trip but, I planned early and chose things on my own to do).

Glad you are getting to go. THE MORE THE MERRIER!!
I'm looking forward to it being a once in a lifetime trip for the kiddo and I.
As you know, although I bought my ticket early, I booked flight and hotel late----only a month ago. Good deals were still available and probably still are.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
As you know, although I bought my ticket early, I booked flight and hotel late----only a month ago. Good deals were still available and probably still are.
Very true.
Maybe the early bird doesn't get much of a worm this go around.
I did get the boys absences approved. You can't just keep your kid out of school and dare do anything educational with them unless you get prior approval.
Thats gubment education for ya ;-).

Milwaukee

Banned
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I can't justify a $1.5K flight. That's bananas. I'd be better off using that fare to go to 2 or 3 Tech games in the states.

Darn

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I can't justify a $1.5K flight. That's bananas. I'd be better off using that fare to go to 2 or 3 Tech games in the states.

Darn
Where are you flying from? If Milwaukee, try out of Chicago. Use Google Flights to try different date combos.

Ex - $631

upload_2016-8-13_19-30-52.png