Introduce yourself

SilverFox81

Georgia Tech Fan
Greetings, to all you jolly good fellows.

I have been a Techie since I could crawl. I never attended the Institute but my father was a '75 grad, so naturally I became a fan. I have seen the highest of highs and lowest of lows(present day ) of our proud football program.

The best GT game I've seen in person was the Tech/UVA game in 1998. I've never heard our stadium so loud in my life. I don't think I ever sat during the game. After Charlie Rogers took the punt to the house, it was on! Incredible come back. I've seen some other classics but that was my favorite in person.

I singed up because I love Georgia Tech and love to chat with fellow fans about GT sports.

I look forward meeting you all and sharing some great conversations.

Sincerely,
Wes aka SilverFox81
#TWHG

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Greetings, to all you jolly good fellows.

I have been a Techie since I could crawl. I never attended the Institute but my father was a '75 grad, so naturally I became a fan. I have seen the highest of highs and lowest of lows(present day ) of our proud football program.

The best GT game I've seen in person was the Tech/UVA game in 1998. I've never heard our stadium so loud in my life. I don't think I ever sat during the game. After Charlie Rogers took the punt to the house, it was on! Incredible come back. I've seen some other classics but that was my favorite in person.

I singed up because I love Georgia Tech and love to chat with fellow fans about GT sports.

I look forward meeting you all and sharing some great conversations.

Sincerely,
Wes aka SilverFox81
#TWHG
Welcome aboard.

slugboy

Staff member
Good evening all. My name is Ben and i've been an avid GT fan since I began following sports at age 8 in 2001. My family has many people who went to GT and a few who played football. I was brought to many GT games as a kid and supporting the Jackets in all sports became a passion of mine. I chose a 2-yr. technical college in NE Georgia for my education so not a grad myself. Just a proud sidewalk fan and have attended over 70 games in my life (I keep a list). My favorite GT game was probably '08 in Athens. Since I was in Middle school/early highschool years we had never beaten Georgia so I finally got to brag for a year. Especially being from Athens and living in Athens almost my entire life. My favorite game at BDS was probably Virginia Tech '09.
Welcome!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Good evening all. My name is Ben and i've been an avid GT fan since I began following sports at age 8 in 2001. My family has many people who went to GT and a few who played football. I was brought to many GT games as a kid and supporting the Jackets in all sports became a passion of mine. I chose a 2-yr. technical college in NE Georgia for my education so not a grad myself. Just a proud sidewalk fan and have attended over 70 games in my life (I keep a list). My favorite GT game was probably '08 in Athens. Since I was in Middle school/early highschool years we had never beaten Georgia so I finally got to brag for a year. Especially being from Athens and living in Athens almost my entire life. My favorite game at BDS was probably Virginia Tech '09.
Love it!

Welcome aboard :)

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Hello everyone! New poster here, lurked for a while, was a bit burnt out by the recent era but excited about recent changes!

My favorite GT football games are 2004 @Clemson and 2008 FSU@GT. 2005 UGA was the biggest heartbreaker I saw in person.

Best overall GT sporting event I've been to, though? 2004 OKST Final Four game. :)

Of watching on TV? 2014 Orange Bowl, or 2016 @UGA.

Was a student for a while years back, got out the unofficial way. ;)

Deleted member 6494

I started out on the Hive many years ago. I then left the Hive and joined Stingtalk, then joined Swarm maybe about 5 years ago. I remained for a year and quit the football forums as I became involved with Biblical research on many topics. I was known on all boards as the first part of my old email address; I was known as ahsoisee.

My present interest in the boards is due to the determination of a new head coach. Yes, I have my own opinions tainted by my favorite all time coach and those that have followed him.

While I was on Stingtalk, I had a copy of Dodd's Luck of which I wrote a condensed version and an owner of Stingtalk placed it on the board to be retained for all to read. I don't know if it is still there, but it is a great read of Bobby Dodd, his life, exceptional athlete at Tennessee, and his early life, and coaching days at Georgia Tech.

If the head of this forum wants it posted, I will do so. At this time, it would be a huge benefit for the fans to know the qualities of a great coach. It is rather long so probably would have to be posted under another subcategory. I have been reading most of the remarks and will give my views under another post.

jmikew1964

Georgia Tech Fan
Thank you for letting me swarm with you. I swam and graduated BIE in 1987. I live in Colorado, but I make it back for at least one or two games a year. I watch all the other on the spotty coverage of GT games in Colorado. I have two favorite games. My first game : 1984 GT versus Alabama, we won as an upset and 1984 at UGA when John Dewberry ran up the middle for a victory. I am looking forward to supporting the Ramblin Wreck. Go Jackets. THWg

slugboy

Staff member
Thank you for letting me swarm with you. I swam and graduated BIE in 1987. I live in Colorado, but I make it back for at least one or two games a year. I watch all the other on the spotty coverage of GT games in Colorado. I have two favorite games. My first game : 1984 GT versus Alabama, we won as an upset and 1984 at UGA when John Dewberry ran up the middle for a victory. I am looking forward to supporting the Ramblin Wreck. Go Jackets. THWg
I was around then (you're a little ahead of me, though)

We went 6-4-1 that year, and THREE of our wins were against #19 Alabama, #13 Clemson, and #18 UGA. We were ranked for a while.

GDateDaySchoolOpponentConfPtsOppWLTStreakNotes
1Sep 15 1984SatGeorgia Tech(19) AlabamaSECW166100W 1
2Sep 22 1984SatGeorgia TechThe CitadelNon-MajorW483200W 2
3Sep 29 1984Sat(18) Georgia Tech(13) ClemsonACCW2821300W 3
4Oct 6 1984Sat(12) Georgia TechNorth Carolina StateACCL2227310L 1
5Oct 13 1984Sat(20) Georgia TechVirginiaACCT2020311T 1
6Oct 20 1984SatGeorgia Tech(13) AuburnSECL3448321L 1
7Oct 27 1984SatGeorgia TechTennesseeSECL2124331L 2
8Nov 3 1984SatGeorgia TechDukeACCW313431W 1
9Nov 10 1984SatGeorgia TechNorth CarolinaACCL1724441L 1
10Nov 17 1984SatGeorgia TechWake ForestACCW247541W 1
11Dec 1 1984SatGeorgia Tech(18) GeorgiaSECW3518641W 2

Provided by CFB at Sports Reference: View Original Table
Generated 11/15/2022.

Jt4

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks for the opportunity to join the group! Got out in '95. Favorite Tech Football game I witnessed with my own eyes was 2000 at Death Valley - Kerry Watkins one handed catch with 7 seconds left. Best basketball memory was watching them cut down the nets at the ACC tournament in Greensboro in 2021. Honorable mention is Tech upset #1 Duke at home 1993. I'm been to some volleyball games lately in O'Keefe that remind me of the energy of the '90s basketball games in the Thrillerdome.

slugboy

Staff member
Thanks for the opportunity to join the group! Got out in '95. Favorite Tech Football game I witnessed with my own eyes was 2000 at Death Valley - Kerry Watkins one handed catch with 7 seconds left. Best basketball memory was watching them cut down the nets at the ACC tournament in Greensboro in 2021. Honorable mention is Tech upset #1 Duke at home 1993. I'm been to some volleyball games lately in O'Keefe that remind me of the energy of the '90s basketball games in the Thrillerdome.
Nice to have you here!

slugboy

Staff member
Hi:

I'm Harry Manning and I've been a Tech fan since I was a child.
I gravitated to Tech mainly because of me absolutely hating Georgia.
I truly love the institute and hope we can become better at every level.
Hey Guys! Name is Nathan, been a Tech fan since age 8 . I live in Griffin Georgia I’m married and have 3 young jackets ! My 2 favorite games I’ve attended was 2009 Thursday night win over #4 VA Tech. And 2016 win in Athens! Love all things Jackets! Looking forward to this new era with Coach Key! THWG
Welcome to both of you!