Introduce yourself

Knoxknight

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello Swarm,
I'm new here and while not a Tech alum, I have a special interest in GT's program over the next few seasons. A family member is on the team and I'm hoping for his success and looking forward to his contributions.
Having read the advice dispensed to another's post above, I will also refrain from discussing Tennessee football!

Last edited:

slugboy

Staff member
Hello Swarm,
I'm new here and while not a Tech alum, I have a special interest in GT's program over the next few seasons. A family member is on the team and I'm hoping for his success and looking forward to his contributions.
Having read the advice dispensed to another's post above, I will also refrain from discussing Tennessee football!
Welcome!
I hope your family member has a great time here and does well.
Regarding the advice, it’s that we have different forums on the site. There’s a Swarm Lounge where we can talk about movies, there’s a GT Football forum where we talk about GT football, there’s a Basketball forum for GT Basketball (men’s and women’s), and there’s a forum for Baseball/Hockey/Volleyball/etc.
For Braves, Falcons, Toronto Maple Leafs, Manchester United, B1G Lacrosse, MMA, or whatever is going on in the SEC, High School football (unless recruiting)—there’s the “College and Pro Sports” forum.

Knoxknight

Georgia Tech Fan
Welcome!
Regarding the advice, it’s that we have different forums on the site. There’s a Swarm Lounge where we can talk about movies, there’s a GT Football forum where we talk about GT football, there’s a Basketball forum for GT Basketball (men’s and women’s), and there’s a forum for Baseball/Hockey/Volleyball/etc.
For Braves, Falcons, Toronto Maple Leafs, Manchester United, B1G Lacrosse, MMA, or whatever is going on in the SEC, High School football (unless recruiting)—there’s the “College and Pro Sports” f
Pure tongue in cheek reply. This is a Georgia Tech Football forum, so I won't be dragging any Pepperdine water polo or UF tennis in here! 😉
Welcome!
For Braves, Falcons, Toronto Maple Leafs, Manchester United, B1G Lacrosse, MMA, or whatever is going on in the SEC, High School football (unless recruiting)—there’s the “College and Pro Sports” forum.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Hello Swarm,
Discuss Tennessee football. There's a College & Pro Sports forum specifically designed for those conversations. My only ask was not to do that in the forum specifically designated for Georgia Tech Football. If it's relevant to the discussion at hand, that's always a different situation.

Knoxknight

Georgia Tech Fan
Discuss Tennessee football. There's a College & Pro Sports forum specifically designed for those conversations. My only ask was not to do that in the forum specifically designated for Georgia Tech Football. If it's relevant to the discussion at hand, that's always a different situation.
Actually, I was merely trying to infuse a bit of humor. I could have referred to Clemson, FSU, or God forbid, them dawgs!
But let the record show, I don't support any of those programs. My reference to Pepperdine water polo was just another futile attempt at levity. Now, off to the Catskills for my week's gig at the Palisades Room!

slugboy

Staff member
Actually, I was merely trying to infuse a bit of humor. I could have referred to Clemson, FSU, or God forbid, them dawgs!
But let the record show, I don't support any of those programs. My reference to Pepperdine water polo was just another futile attempt at levity. Now, off to the Catskills for my week's gig at the Palisades Room!
If there’s an appropriate way to introduce anyone to this board, it’s by not getting the joke
Michael Scott Reaction GIF

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

I will say this....we don't want UT football discussed anywhere but in the college and pro sports forum. Unless they beat Uga and then we turn the other cheek. Are you old enough to remember when UT beat the dwags regularly and were competitive with Bama also? ;)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I just didn't want to have sent the wrong message.

Knoxknight

Georgia Tech Fan
I will say this....we don't want UT football discussed anywhere but in the college and pro sports forum. Unless they beat Uga and then we turn the other cheek. Are you old enough to remember when UT beat the dwags regularly and were competitive with Bama also? ;)
Afraid I am, sez the graybeard.