Introduce yourself

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Thanks Randy!
I am in Fuquay-Varina. I will have to check Players Retreat out.
Oldest continuously operating bar in Raleigh (50+ years). Named for the fact that a local theater group needed a place to go after performances and other venues were closed. So, the "players" would retreat to this hang-out for late night food & beverages.

Today, the walls are covered with sports memorabilia from the past few decades. And don't let the humble digs fool you, the head chef (yes, chef) knows how to cook. You can get anything from a grilled cheese sandwich to a very nice steak on the same menu. Daily food and beverage specials.

This is our go-to date night 2x a month, and we take out of town guests there for a taste of the local scene.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming: :gt:🏈

CT_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Just joined GT Swarm. BME Co-op ‘94. I am the former Sports Editor and Editor of The Technique in the late 80s/early 90s. I’m from Memphis but have lived in CT for the last 17 years. I am currently the leader of the GT Network for Central CT. I also have worked in the medical device industry for almost 30 years.

I’ll be heading to the Syracuse game next weekend for what looks like a challenging game. I’m really enjoying the improvements we’ve seen with the program the last two years.