1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Introduce yourself

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by Eric, Jul 5, 2013.

1. BeeStorm

BeeStorm Banned

Welcome! But we didn't play against them in the 09 ACC championship!

2. Mosher21

Mosher21 Georgia Tech Fan

Hey everyone, my name is Philip. I'm 26. Currently living in Tampa FL. 2 years married. I'm a graphic designer. Working remotely from a home office now. I grew up a Tech fan thanks to my dad. I just found out about this board a couple of days ago and decided to sign up.
    Glad to be here!

3. zindicato

zindicato Georgia Tech Fan

Hi guys, just found out bout this site, got a family member who was a tech grad in the 60's, big GATech basketball fan here currently living in Ireland.

4. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

Welcome to the best GT community on the web!

tatertot1 likes this.
  5. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

Thanks for joining us. Enjoy the insight and sometimes the "fighting"

6. Lexjacket

Lexjacket Helluva Engineer

7. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

Welcome new folk :)

8. RamblinRed

RamblinRed Helluva Engineer Featured Member

For those that don't know me.
    Native of WI. Moved to GA when I was 12.
    Attended GT as a co-op from 88-93. Great time to be there as a student. Didn't miss a home football game or basketball game in my 5 years. Attended the Citrus Bowl game.
    Went to Wharton in the mid-90's.
    Currently work downtown as a data analyst (well, right now I work remote from the far suburbs).
    Married with 2 kids. My daughter (UGA grad) married a Tech man last October - they live in Midtown a few blocks from campus. My wife went through Breast Cancer last year but is all clear now.
    Son is an Asperger's kid. Great kid, trying at times. He is on a robotics team made up of Homeschooled kids that are almost all on the spectrum, they qualified for the World Championships that unfortunately has been cancelled due to COVID19.

9. GoldZ

GoldZ Helluva Engineer

ISyE '73 - Co-Op + MBA at a snob blue blood school (Tech was much much more difficult)
    35+ years in the Plastics Industry
    Been through worst of times as a YJ in the late 70s/early 80s and best of times with CBR.
    Lived in Cloudman as a Fr next to Smylie Gebhart and Gary Carden. Super friendly and had great "word"!
    Sat with Bobby Dodd in his box at NCSU game in 80s-memory of a lifetime! He knew almost every play before it happened.

10. RhoChi

RhoChi Helluva Engineer

Physics 2022/2023 (honestly I'm just tryna make it out) currently attending at Georgia Tech.

Grown up a Tech fan my whole life thanks to having a bunch of prior family go there.

I'm big into basically anything to do with Tech. If theres a fun fact or piece of history, I'm all over that.

Some of my favorite moments I've been able to witness in person

COFH 2014
    GT FSU 2015
    GT CLEM 2011

Probably my favorite moments I havent been able to see in person:

COFH 2008
    Miracle on North Ave
    COFH 1999
    GT CLEM 2004

I'm excited to be here!

11. jwsavhGT

jwsavhGT Moderator Staff Member

Welcome aboard.

RhoChi and CuseJacket like this.
  12. NorthsideJacket

NorthsideJacket Jolly Good Fellow

Marty from the Northside of Warner Robins, GA, BEE (coop) 1990 - graduating quarter was the LW3 Final 4 run. 30+ year career at Robins AFB in printed circuit board design and manufacturing. Season ticket holder for 20+ years and have been the statistician for Northside football for 25 years where I had the pleasure of watching Mr Tobias Oliver up close for 3 great years. GREAT kid and so proud and happy for him for going to GT. I swear I don't think I could have been more nervous if it had been my own son prior to and during his first start at QB vs VT in 2018. Now excited for him to excel at corner -- I believe he will surprise some people.

In person highlights: Dennis Scott steal and swish to shock UNC, Jasper Sanks fumble/Godsey FG block recovery & re-kick/GT-Miami whiteout '08/FSU Miracle on Techwood

CTJacket, awbuzz, slugboy and 3 others like this.
  13. pittkesh99

pittkesh99 Jolly Good Fellow

Hello everyone! My name is Keshav and I'm a current AE student at Tech (Graduating 2021). I'm a part of the Ramblin Reck Club and I love learning about and watching GT sports. While GT football hasn't been at it's best while I've been on campus, my favorite football game I was at was the OT win against UVA in 2018. My favorite basketball games was Tech upsetting Louisville last year.

GTMom, GTpdm, CTJacket and 9 others like this.
  14. MountainBuzzMan

MountainBuzzMan Helluva Engineer

Welcome to the swarm!

15. GTpdm

GTpdm Helluva Engineer

Welcome, Keshav! I’ve been a long-time GT fan, but you’ve certainly picked two games that are high on my list, for your favorite GT wins.

Let’s all hope that you get to add many more victories to your ‘favorites’ list, in the coming years!

CTJacket, CuseJacket, GTMom and 2 others like this.
  16. GTMom

GTMom Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! My seats are right by the tunnel where the Reck enters the field! Looking forward to getting back to BDS this fall!!

slugboy, CTJacket, pittkesh99 and 2 others like this.
  17. springjacket

springjacket Georgia Tech Fan

I am a long time jacket fan. Used to live in Ga now in bama. I had another account and got locked out and never could get back in. I couldn’t wait any longer. I hate the bull puppies!

awbuzz, slugboy, CuseJacket and 2 others like this.