Introduce yourself

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Well, I just realized I have been around for quite some time and never introduced myself.

My name is Aaron. I am an 2011 Computer Science grad. I currently live in Seattle working for Amazon on the retail website and previously worked for Lockheed Martin down in Orlando. I miss being in Atlanta everyday (and it's only worse on game days!). When I'm not building websites I enjoy gaming, hiking, and doing sport analytics. I grew up playing baseball and it was my main love growing up, but being a student at GT taught me how amazing football can be.

I also am 100% positive that I have the cutest dog on the planet:

bcbXQT2

wreckmaniac

Georgia Tech Fan
Class of 70 which makes me an old timer. Best era ? 1990 national championship - Sean Jones, Bobby Ross and
one of the greatest ADs in history, Dr Homer Rice. Attended the final four in Denver in 1988 featuring Tech ( coached by
the great Bobby Cremins ) , UNLV, Duke and Arkansas.
Reason for signing in ? The past 2 weeks have been horrid. Citadel, Temple and NCAA basketball probation.
I'm down and needed to alter my attitude. Reading your comments, thank you, is doing it for me.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Class of 70 which makes me an old timer. Best era ? 1990 national championship - Sean Jones, Bobby Ross and
one of the greatest ADs in history, Dr Homer Rice. Attended the final four in Denver in 1988 featuring Tech ( coached by
the great Bobby Cremins ) , UNLV, Duke and Arkansas.
Reason for signing in ? The past 2 weeks have been horrid. Citadel, Temple and NCAA basketball probation.
I'm down and needed to alter my attitude. Reading your comments, thank you, is doing it for me.
Welcome aboard.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Another Jeff here. BME 1994. Originally from southeast GA well below the gnat line, that area is crawling with dwag fans. Now abiding contentedly in Mississippi. 4 kids, a UGA fan wife (it was the hotness factor) oldest kid is a Biomedical Engineering Major at Ole Miss (pre-med). Two cats, one dog, and a beta fish.

When I am not going all over the Jackson area to kids’ activities, I like to noodle around on my electric guitar and cut wood bowls on my wood lathe. I usually reside at another large sports board, but I kinda like this one since I can talk about my team.

I am either a conservative leaning libertarian, or a libertarian leaning conservative, I haven’t discovered which, yet. But I probably won’t talk much about it here. At least I won’t argue about any of it. I am tired of it and switched off all social media early this year. All I have now are these two sports forums and Quora. Life is more enjoyable now.
BDE91520-4640-45D0-A139-9C3D4B0C4225.jpeg

1B826CA8-B417-4EB3-A97D-042BC1704A0C.jpeg

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Another Jeff here. BME 1994. Originally from southeast GA well below the gnat line, that area is crawling with dwag fans. Now abiding contentedly in Mississippi. 4 kids, a UGA fan wife (it was the hotness factor) oldest kid is a Biomedical Engineering Major at Ole Miss (pre-med). Two cats, one dog, and a beta fish.

When I am not going all over the Jackson area to kids’ activities, I like to noodle around on my electric guitar and cut wood bowls on my wood lathe. I usually reside at another large sports board, but I kinda like this one since I can talk about my team.

I am either a conservative leaning libertarian, or a libertarian leaning conservative, I haven’t discovered which, yet. But I probably won’t talk much about it here. At least I won’t argue about any of it. I am tired of it and switched off all social media early this year. All I have now are these two sports forums and Quora. Life is more enjoyable now.
View attachment 6932
View attachment 6933
Welcome aboard.

dixiejacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Sidewalk fan. Raised that way by my Dad! First Tech game, 1966 against Penn State. Jackets won 21-0. Best game I’ve ever witnessed in person is a hard one. Used to sell programs at games so I could get into Grant Field and got to see Tech beat UGA 6-0 in 1969 and then there was the Citrus Bowl on New Years Day, 1991.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Sidewalk fan. Raised that way by my Dad! First Tech game, 1966 against Penn State. Jackets won 21-0. Best game I’ve ever witnessed in person is a hard one. Used to sell programs at games so I could get into Grant Field and got to see Tech beat UGA 6-0 in 1969 and then there was the Citrus Bowl on New Years Day, 1991.
Welcome aboard.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Hi everyone. Todd Henry - BSAE 1992 and MBA 2010. Moved from Atlanta last year to Celebration, FL Was lucky to be there for the Citrus Bowl, Final Four years, and when Baseball was #1 at some point every year I was there (just missed the CWS year but saw a lot of Nomar and Varitek play while I was there).

I led several engineering organizations, mainly in automation and am now running a manufacturing facility in Orlando.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hi everyone. Todd Henry - BSAE 1992 and MBA 2010. Moved from Atlanta last year to Celebration, FL Was lucky to be there for the Citrus Bowl, Final Four years, and when Baseball was #1 at some point every year I was there (just missed the CWS year but saw a lot of Nomar and Varitek play while I was there).

I led several engineering organizations, mainly in automation and am now running a manufacturing facility in Orlando.
Welcome aboard.

Reynoche

Georgia Tech Fan
George here. I'm an old guy left Tech 1958 MS ChE, but have and am a strong supporter. Hobbies wood working, golf. Was lucky to work overseas with Esso & played golf all over the world. Even wrote a book about it. Best game I ever saw we lost 6-0 vs. Tenn. playing for # 1. Dodd at his best but we didn't have a Johnny Majors. Most satisfying game I saw recently was when we beat Clemson & went to OB. Worst I've seen us play was Va Tech this year. Can someone tell me there is hope ahead? Thanks for letting me join the Swarm!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Welcome to you, George!
I remember the games you mentioned....more relevant times ahead.
There is Hope, and if she’s not available, Faith. When you get lost and can’t find her, there is always Charity to feel better.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
George here. I'm an old guy left Tech 1958 MS ChE, but have and am a strong supporter. Hobbies wood working, golf. Was lucky to work overseas with Esso & played golf all over the world. Even wrote a book about it. Best game I ever saw we lost 6-0 vs. Tenn. playing for # 1. Dodd at his best but we didn't have a Johnny Majors. Most satisfying game I saw recently was when we beat Clemson & went to OB. Worst I've seen us play was Va Tech this year. Can someone tell me there is hope ahead? Thanks for letting me join the Swarm!
Welcome aboard.

GaTechGrad

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello everyone. My name is Levi D. Smith, but I usually go by @GaTechGrad on social media.
I'm a 2002 computer science graduate from Georgia Tech. I also have a masters in industrial engineering from the University of Tennessee, but I usually don't tell people about that.
I work in the Knoxville area as a software engineer. I make video games as a hobby. My most popular game is called Kitty's Adventure, which has over 46,000 acquisitions on XBox One. I even started working on a Georgia Tech game called North Avenue Adventure ( https://levidsmith.com/games/north-avenue-adventure ) where you play as Buzz and drive in the Ramblin Wreck around campus completing quests GTA style.
I've also helped arrange GT game watching events in Knoxville since 2013, but our group has dwindled down to just a few hardcore almuni. A few years ago we had up to 20 people showing up for the big games.