Introduce yourself

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hey all - I'm an alum that just passed my 20 year anniversary of getting out. I've attended all but 2 home football games in the past 23 seasons (and I'm still bitter about those 2).
I've lurked here on and off for years, but finally actually joined. I've been active on another site for years, but this one seems to have more activity.
Welcome aboard.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
I've posted some over in the recruiting threads, and hadn't seen this one previously.

I'm an ISyE grad, played on the football team, and now work in manufacturing down in Middle Georgia.

I miss Atlanta all the time, and would do a lot of bad things to get my hands on a Korean Philly Cheesesteak from Fred's right now.

What years didja play?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Hi everyone..I am Tonya, mom of three and a business owner in Biloxi, MS. We did a college visit at GT this past week and absolutely loved it. I joined to learn more about the school and athletics along with the area.
Welcome! Hope you liked the campus and facilities. I'm sure plenty of us would be more than willing to answer any questions you may have!

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Hi everyone..I am Tonya, mom of three and a business owner in Biloxi, MS. We did a college visit at GT this past week and absolutely loved it. I joined to learn more about the school and athletics along with the area.
Welcome! You have found the best website about the best school in the world... Feel free to ask questions and if anyone can answer, you will probably get more information than you want. :)

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Welcome aboard. We are a mixture alumni, faculty, former players, family of players, students, sidewalk fans (those special people who just like GT)....what you would call a true melting pot of Georgia Tech fandom. The one thing we have in common is our love of all things Georgia Tech. Welcome to the GT family. #TogetherWeSwarm

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

We'd be happy to see Ryan on the Flats!

Is your last name pronounced Spears or Spy-ers?

CousCous

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi everyone. I am home grown east of Atlanta and a life long fan of the Jackets. I have lurked on a few GT boards and finally landed here. You all seem to be the most informed and civil with the obvious exception of any uniform thread. I had no idea the Schrödinger's uniform, which can be both blue and gray, would incite such a “Jerry Springer” like reaction. That was entertaining.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hi everyone. I am home grown east of Atlanta and a life long fan of the Jackets. I have lurked on a few GT boards and finally landed here. You all seem to be the most informed and civil with the obvious exception of any uniform thread. I had no idea the Schrödinger's uniform, which can be both blue and gray, would incite such a “Jerry Springer” like reaction. That was entertaining.
Welcome aboard.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Schrödinger's uniform... I may have to steal that... :)

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I've lurked here for a bit now, and just found this thread. I'm Chris, was a ChemE major at Tech for 2.5years before I transferred away (one of my biggest regrets in life) to finish with a biology degree at North Georgia. I just wasn't in the proper mindset to take the rigors of Tech and the new found freedom of being a kid turned loose in the big city (I come from a very rural north GA town), and it got to me. Still hate that most of my college education came from Tech yet my degree says another school...

Been a Jacket fan since a very young age when I (inexplicably) asked for a UGA uniform as a kid (Hershel), and my dad (huge UGA hater, long story) helped show me the Tech ways. I am the general manager of a golf course near Athens (I have a LOT of fun with that!) and after many years of not doing so, purchased season tickets again this year. So excited for the upcoming year and the energy surrounding Coach Collins! I did fully support CPJ, but I think the change came at the right time and was greatly needed.

I plan on actively engaging this forum more, and maybe even meeting some of you all at the games. I have two tickets (dad and I), but his health is poor and he may only be able to come to 1-2 games. So I wouldn't mind even sharing a ticket to some games with a good Tech fan!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I've lurked here for a bit now, and just found this thread. I'm Chris, was a ChemE major at Tech for 2.5years before I transferred away (one of my biggest regrets in life) to finish with a biology degree at North Georgia. I just wasn't in the proper mindset to take the rigors of Tech and the new found freedom of being a kid turned loose in the big city (I come from a very rural north GA town), and it got to me. Still hate that most of my college education came from Tech yet my degree says another school...

Been a Jacket fan since a very young age when I (inexplicably) asked for a UGA uniform as a kid (Hershel), and my dad (huge UGA hater, long story) helped show me the Tech ways. I am the general manager of a golf course near Athens (I have a LOT of fun with that!) and after many years of not doing so, purchased season tickets again this year. So excited for the upcoming year and the energy surrounding Coach Collins! I did fully support CPJ, but I think the change came at the right time and was greatly needed.

I plan on actively engaging this forum more, and maybe even meeting some of you all at the games. I have two tickets (dad and I), but his health is poor and he may only be able to come to 1-2 games. So I wouldn't mind even sharing a ticket to some games with a good Tech fan!
Welcome aboard.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hey everyone. I'm Robert. '94 Computer Science grad. My daughter just started at Tech in Environmental Engineering.

The wife convinced me to get the stinger pass this season. I am glad she did. It felt great to be in the stands again.
Welcome aboard.

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok I see we have 566. Members we want to double this membership by national signing day. We starting a new era. We want all family ❤️ .to join we want a big push . Let's get behind GA TECH athletes show them love and support . We want the fan base to grow as well as the athletic program itself . I'm going number 1 my wife , Son and brother . I have 3 new members how about your family and friends. Get them to join. Let's make this BIG. Starting NOW.!!!