Introduce yourself

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
What’s up guys, new member here. Been a Georgia Tech fan since I can remember thanks to my dad. I am a Sheriff’s Deputy in Southeast Georgia so obviously I did not attend Tech but I feel like I’m just as passionate about The Flats as a graduate. The best game I ever attended though did not take place at Bobby Dodd. It took place in enemy territory when the Jackets beat the Dogs at Sanford (thank you Harrison Butler) in 2014. I’m excited to be apart of this community, I’m also a subscriber to rivals and take part in the forums on Jacketsonline so I’m hoping to enjoy this as much as I do that.
Welcome aboard!

AlaJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi Jackets! I'm a diehard GT football fan and a 1970 graduate in EE. I was a season ticket holder from 1970-2011. I lived in Huntsville, AL and Norcross for most of this period. Retired and moved too far away to regularly attend games in 2012, but have moved back to the Huntsville area. Put in my deposit for season tickets and can't wait for next year. The best game I ever attended was probably the '62 Alabama game, but my favorite was the 1974(or was it '70) beating of Georgia in a driving, near freezing rain in Athens.

AlaJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
What’s up guys, new member here. Been a Georgia Tech fan since I can remember thanks to my dad. I am a Sheriff’s Deputy in Southeast Georgia so obviously I did not attend Tech but I feel like I’m just as passionate about The Flats as a graduate. The best game I ever attended though did not take place at Bobby Dodd. It took place in enemy territory when the Jackets beat the Dogs at Sanford (thank you Harrison Butler) in 2014. I’m excited to be apart of this community, I’m also a subscriber to rivals and take part in the forums on Jacketsonline so I’m hoping to enjoy this as much as I do that.
Welcome aboard!

Hi Kitch! Can easily believe that you are as passionate as a graduate. There has never been a bigger GT fan than my dad who was not a GT graduate. He was the county sheriff of Jefferson county (Louisville, GA) from 1960 through 1992. He probably attended 99% of the home games and 40% of the away games from 1966 until 2002.

Where are you located?

Leavyb

Georgia Tech Fan
Wanted to start a thread to introduce yourself...

I think you all know I'm Eric
I'm a recruiting fanatic
For a living I work at a production company
Been married for a little over a year
No kids but do have two pitbulls that get treated like my kids
Hello all My name is Leavy I am a automotive engineer I ran track and interned in the football recruiting office in 70's I am a native Detroiter an ex professional race car driver and Navy and Army Vet. I am going the game Wednesday my coach sent tickets to me. Restoring my 100 year old Childhood home 2 cats and a Akita and my Wolverine girlfriend

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hi Jackets! I'm a diehard GT football fan and a 1970 graduate in EE. I was a season ticket holder from 1970-2011. I lived in Huntsville, AL and Norcross for most of this period. Retired and moved too far away to regularly attend games in 2012, but have moved back to the Huntsville area. Put in my deposit for season tickets and can't wait for next year. The best game I ever attended was probably the '62 Alabama game, but my favorite was the 1974(or was it '70) beating of Georgia in a driving, near freezing rain in Athens.
Welcome aboard!

Hunter_Bloedow

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey everyone I’m Hunter Bloedow. I’ve been a Georgia tech fan all my life, I was raised by a fellow jacket fan, my dad. My favorite recent game was the Miami one this year that was such a amazing game and how we finished out. I really remember when the other game was it was probably 15/16 but we won and stormed the field after and that was a freaking blast. I’m heading up to Detroit Wednesday for the game, pretty freaking excited about that. A little about myself I’m a senior over a KSU in construction management, and I went to college for lacrosse.

GophFaninFL

Georgia Tech Fan
Golden Gophers fan lving in the Bradenton Florida area here. I want to wish all of you Jackets fans a very merry Christmas. I'm looking forward to a great game tomorrow.

Atlanta is a first class city as my wife and I found out last year due to Hurricane Irma. The Atlanta hospitality helped us get through that stressful time.

I'm rooting for the other side obviously but I think this will be an enjoyable game no matter the outcome.

GaGirrl

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello GTSwarm crew. Longtime GT fan, IE 86. Grew up and have family on the East Coast from DC to GA, and family in Douglasville, so been an ACC and GT since I can remember. Been a sports nut since age 6, thanks to my Mom, and was a sports editor during my tenure at Tech and did some freelance writing on the side too.

Bounced around after the Army and ended up in NY after my husband retired from the Army (true story, I postponed joining my husband in CA after we got married until after football season was over).

Day job is in IT, but still love sports. Joined the Swarm because I want serious GT sports talk without all the drama. Best game - 1991 Citrus Bowl, hands down. Long tiring week for the band and staff, and the best New Year's Day ever.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hello GTSwarm crew. Longtime GT fan, IE 86. Grew up and have family on the East Coast from DC to GA, and family in Douglasville, so been an ACC and GT since I can remember. Been a sports nut since age 6, thanks to my Mom, and was a sports editor during my tenure at Tech and did some freelance writing on the side too.

Bounced around after the Army and ended up in NY after my husband retired from the Army (true story, I postponed joining my husband in CA after we got married until after football season was over).

Day job is in IT, but still love sports. Joined the Swarm because I want serious GT sports talk without all the drama. Best game - 1991 Citrus Bowl, hands down. Long tiring week for the band and staff, and the best New Year's Day ever.
Welcome aboard! We are a good bunch but you will find that most of the men on here are fashionistas who obsess over color!

Mkbradley1982

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi all. I played football from 1977 thru 1981 - pretty lean years. About half of my recruiting class didn't make it, so '80 and '81 were exceptionally poor, won 2 games. Graduated IE and have worked in manufacturing all my career...so far. Lived away from Atlanta for 29 years, but just moved back this year. Looking forward to seeing the new culture and ability to recruit. Also love Tech Baseball. My son pitched for Rutgers and the Scarlet Knights used to come down and play Tech every year. Wore a Rutgers outer shirt and a Tech T-shirt underneath until he graduated.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hi all. I played football from 1977 thru 1981 - pretty lean years. About half of my recruiting class didn't make it, so '80 and '81 were exceptionally poor, won 2 games. Graduated IE and have worked in manufacturing all my career...so far. Lived away from Atlanta for 29 years, but just moved back this year. Looking forward to seeing the new culture and ability to recruit. Also love Tech Baseball. My son pitched for Rutgers and the Scarlet Knights used to come down and play Tech every year. Wore a Rutgers outer shirt and a Tech T-shirt underneath until he graduated.
Welcome aboard!

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Hello, Swarm.
CE88. Grew up in Athens but found my path in life corrected to the White & Gold. Now have a daughter at Tech - Wow, how time flies. Married to a Hokie, so we have a good time attending most Tech-Tech (excuse me Tech-VT) games. Have been in Savannah for the last 20+ years as a poop engineer.
People seem to post a favorite game you attended: the Citrus Bowl was a great one. I'd have to say the loss to Auburn (at Auburn) in 1984 is my favorite personally - sitting in the midst of 70,000 Auburn folks in the student section with some Auburn friends. I think we "won" the second half and had my Auburn friends afraid we were going to win if we had another 10 minutes - they couldn't stop Dewberry and Lavette. Great after-party at one of their trailers . . . but I digress.
Too many basketball games to choose from to pick a favorite - used to set up the team chairs and sit behind Bobby C and the boys - every game was awesome!

Last edited:

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hello, Swarm.
CE88. Grew up in Athens but found my path in life corrected to the White & Gold. Now have a daughter at Tech - Wow, how time flies. Married to a Hokie, so we have a good time attending most Tech-Tech (excuse me Tech-VT) games. Have been in Savannah for the last 20+ years as a poop engineer.
People seem to post a favorite game you attended: the Citrus Bowl was a great one. I'd have to say the loss to Auburn (at Auburn) in 1984 is my favorite personally - sitting in the midst of 70,000 Auburn folks in the student section with some Auburn friends. I think we "won" the second half and had my Auburn friends afraid we were going to win if we had another 10 minutes - they couldn't stop Dewberry and Lavette. Great after-party at one of their trailers . . . but I digress.
Too many basketball games to choose from to pick a favorite - used to set up the team chairs and sit behind Bobby C and the boys - every game was awesome!
Welcome aboard from midtown Savannah.