Introduce yourself

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hello,,, Old time Jacket here... Got out of Ma Tech in 1974... Got to see Rock Perdoni and Smiley Gebhart playing D for the Jackets! My freshman year, we beat GA, went 9-3, and won the Sun Bowl. I loved Paul Johnson, but i think we hit a homerun with Geoff Collins!!?

Can't use "Got out" anymore... See the "Got Out = Bad for recruiting" thread. ;)
(just kidding)
Welcome aboard.

jellojackets

Georgia Tech Fan
Hola,
-Mechanical Engineer - Class of '18
-4th Generation Gatech Alumni
-Always been a Tech fanatic but found this board after looking for more info about coach search.
-Huge Geoff Collins guy, ready for major culture upgrades at the Institute
-Favorite Tech play was any of the things Michael Johnson did to uga

Pinkie Master

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello, everyone. I attended GT my freshman year and quickly discovered that engineering was not for me. I transferred to Georgia Southern and finished there. I grew up as a UGA fan but the clueless arrogance of the typical dawg fan led me to become a GT fan. I had become apathetic toward GT football the past few years but am energized by the hiring of CGC.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
First time poster here. Come from a family deep with clean old fashioned hate in their blood. Mom side is all UGA while dads side is all Tech. I was very much right down the middle but after losing my dad to brain cancer, I have followed Tech more and more and root for the Jackets in his honor. Got my undergrad at UGA (fell victim to the friends circle) but am getting my MBA from Tech!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
First time poster here. Come from a family deep with clean old fashioned hate in their blood. Mom side is all UGA while dads side is all Tech. I was very much right down the middle but after losing my dad to brain cancer, I have followed Tech more and more and root for the Jackets in his honor. Got my undergrad at UGA (fell victim to the friends circle) but am getting my MBA from Tech!

Welcome to the best Tech site on the 'net!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Welcome aboard!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
welcome welcome. there's a few of us on here with degrees from UGA.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Hello, I'm BIE '91. I was lucky - my undergrad stay included the national championship in 1990 AND our first Final Four with Lethal Weapon III. As you can see from my username, I was there in '87 and '88 when Ross started his rebuild. While it doesn't rank anywhere near the top of the best GT games ever, one of my personal favorites was beating the Gamecocks in 1988. My entire family went to USC and they came into town that year ranked #8 and undefeated. My boy Strom lit up the Cocks that day - his best game on the Flats - 34-0!
I've always and will forever hate the mutts and am optimistic about the direction of our football program.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Hello, I'm BIE '91. I was lucky - my undergrad stay included the national championship in 1990 AND our first Final Four with Lethal Weapon III. As you can see from my username, I was there in '87 and '88 when Ross started his rebuild. While it doesn't rank anywhere near the top of the best GT games ever, one of my personal favorites was beating the Gamecocks in 1988. My entire family went to USC and they came into town that year ranked #8 and undefeated. My boy Strom lit up the Cocks that day - his best game on the Flats - 34-0!
I've always and will forever hate the mutts and am optimistic about the direction of our football program.

Welcome to the best Tech board on the 'net!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Welcome aboard!

The InstAtute

Georgia Tech Fan
BIE ‘94. Got out in 5 years - co-op student. Witnessed what I consider to be the greatest 5 years in Tech history.
1990 ACC Championship
1990 National Championship In Football!!!!
1990 Final Four
1990 ACC tournament champion
1992 Sweet Sixteen
1993 ACC tournament champion
1994 College World Series Runner Up

1991 Braves NL Pennant
1992 Braves NL Pennant
1993 Braves Division Title
1995 Braves World Series Title

As I have grown older, I have a greater respect for my GT education and what it has provided for me and my family. I am ready to see GT back on top!

To Hell With Georgia!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
BIE ‘94. Got out in 5 years - co-op student. Witnessed what I consider to be the greatest 5 years in Tech history.
1990 ACC Championship
1990 National Championship In Football!!!!
1990 Final Four
1990 ACC tournament champion
1992 Sweet Sixteen
1993 ACC tournament champion
1994 College World Series Runner Up

1991 Braves NL Pennant
1992 Braves NL Pennant
1993 Braves Division Title
1995 Braves World Series Title

As I have grown older, I have a greater respect for my GT education and what it has provided for me and my family. I am ready to see GT back on top!

To Hell With Georgia!
Welcome aboard!

Kitch985

Georgia Tech Fan
What’s up guys, new member here. Been a Georgia Tech fan since I can remember thanks to my dad. I am a Sheriff’s Deputy in Southeast Georgia so obviously I did not attend Tech but I feel like I’m just as passionate about The Flats as a graduate. The best game I ever attended though did not take place at Bobby Dodd. It took place in enemy territory when the Jackets beat the Dogs at Sanford (thank you Harrison Butler) in 2014. I’m excited to be apart of this community, I’m also a subscriber to rivals and take part in the forums on Jacketsonline so I’m hoping to enjoy this as much as I do that.