Introduce yourself

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hi Jackets! It's good to be at The Swarm!

BME, '72 - Mechanical Engineering back then. Carbon date me if you must.
Suffered through the Bud Carson years. Loved Rock Perdoni.
Now semi-retired - do some consulting.
Fav GT win was the kick and the pick vs. UGA followed by the FG return vs. FSU.
Anyone here remember Dean Dull?
Welcome aboard!

Bamajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey everybody,
My name is Wes. I couldn’t get enough of the Institute, so after a BS in chemistry in ‘78, received a BS in biology in ‘79. Went to medical school @ MCG, graduating in ‘84. Have lived in northwest Alabama past 25 years.
Have been a fan since I was nine years old. Many memorable games, especially wins over UGA in ‘69 ( the Bubba Hoates game), ‘98 (Joe Hamilton and Brad Chambers), and ‘14 (Harrison Butler and DJ White). Also, watching Gary Lanier , Drew Hill and company beating Notre Dame in ‘76!
GO JACKETS! THWG!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Hey everybody,
My name is Wes. I couldn’t get enough of the Institute, so after a BS in chemistry in ‘78, received a BS in biology in ‘79. Went to medical school @ MCG, graduating in ‘84. Have lived in northwest Alabama past 25 years.
Have been a fan since I was nine years old. Many memorable games, especially wins over UGA in ‘69 ( the Bubba Hoates game), ‘98 (Joe Hamilton and Brad Chambers), and ‘14 (Harrison Butler and DJ White). Also, watching Gary Lanier , Drew Hill and company beating Notre Dame in ‘76!
GO JACKETS! THWG!

Welcome to the best GT site on the 'net!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hey everybody,
GO JACKETS! THWG!
Welcome aboard!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hi Jackets! It's good to be at The Swarm!

BME, '72 - Mechanical Engineering back then. Carbon date me if you must.
Suffered through the Bud Carson years. Loved Rock Perdoni.
Now semi-retired - do some consulting.
Fav GT win was the kick and the pick vs. UGA followed by the FG return vs. FSU.
Anyone here remember Dean Dull?

He was still around in the 80's. :) Good guy. (... and no, I'm not related to Dean Dull.)

GT NC

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello Tech fans and Swarm friends!

I am Terry and I currently live in Hampstead, NC. I moved often in life but hopefully now that I am retired this is my final location. Here you go…

At Tech 1966 to 1971, BEE, co-op plan. Georgia Tech Band. AFROTC.

USAF 1971 to 1979.

Delta Air Lines 1979 to 2013.

I’ve had football season tickets for about 34 years and have only missed a few games during that time. I go to one or two away games each year and all bowl games. I don’t have one single favorite football game. High on the favorite list are the 1990 Citrus Bowl national championship game, come from way behind win vs UVA in 1998, beating UGA in the mid-80s at night in the fog, and all other times we beat UGA.

Other interests include music (still play the trumpet), singing in church choir, fishing and gardening.

GT1988

Jolly Good Fellow

I am Terry and I currently live in Hampstead, NC. I moved often in life but hopefully now that I am retired this is my final location. Here you go…

USAF 1971 to 1979.

I’ve had football season tickets for about 34 years and have only missed a few games during that time. I go to one or two away games each year and all bowl games. I don’t have one single favorite football game. High on the favorite list are the 1990 Citrus Bowl national championship game, come from way behind win vs UVA in 1998, beating UGA in the mid-80s at night in the fog, and all other times we beat UGA.

Other interests include music (still play the trumpet), singing in church choir, fishing and gardening.

Welcome and thank you for your service!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

USAF 1971 to 1979.

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service!

GT73

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm really from the dark ages, freshman class of 1969, got out in '73 (barely) with a degree in Behavioral Management. Retired Police Officer (not many of those that go to Tech), arrived during the Bud Carson years. I was just bummed about yesterday's beat down in Athens and wanted to hear what the faithful had to say. I Love Georgia Tech, not so much when the academics were kicking my butt, but it was the best decision of my life, except for marrying my wife.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm really from the dark ages, freshman class of 1969, got out in '73 (barely) with a degree in Behavioral Management. Retired Police Officer (not many of those that go to Tech), arrived during the Bud Carson years. I was just bummed about yesterday's beat down in Athens and wanted to hear what the faithful had to say. I Love Georgia Tech, not so much when the academics were kicking my butt, but it was the best decision of my life, except for marrying my wife.
Welcome aboard.

GT73

Georgia Tech Fan
I forgot to add Jack Williams going into the North end zone in '69 for the win against UGA and then the 17 to 7 in Athens the following year are right up there with Sisson's kick to beat UVA in Charlottesville and of course the win against Nebraska in the Citrus Bowl! I only hope we can bring some of those great times back to the flats.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Unfortunately, some of the loudest voices aren't from the faithful after a loss in my opinion.

Still, welcome.

Jacket 83

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello Tech fans

I am David. I am a lifelong tech fan. I grew up following the jackets back in the 70’s. In the days of Eddie Lee Ivory, Drew Hill and the like. Like many of you I was surrounded by dawg fans which was always tough. It’s good to be on the swarm around some fellow Georgia Tech fans

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hello Tech fans

I am David. I am a lifelong tech fan. I grew up following the jackets back in the 70’s. In the days of Eddie Lee Ivory, Drew Hill and the like. Like many of you I was surrounded by dawg fans which was always tough. It’s good to be on the swarm around some fellow Georgia Tech fans
Welcome aboard!

WhatsTheGoodWord

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm Paul, I have worked at Tech for the last 13 years as of yesterday. My mother got her nursing degree at Grady in the 1940's and used to hang out with Georgia Tech people when she was in Atlanta, so I was always kind of a fan before I started working there. Love the school and love my students.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I’m SOWEGA Jacket (Southwest Georgia) living in Albany. I’m surrounded by dogs, noles, and tigers/war eagles. Been following this board for a long time. Got out in ‘93 and still have the dream of “missing/class/finals etc” 25 years later. With the regime change I figured I’d jump in to offer my 2 cents on occasion. I loved the hiring of CPJ 11 years ago and I’m sad to see him retire. But life keeps moving on so changes are inevitable. Looking forward to discussing GT with all of you.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I’m SOWEGA Jacket (Southwest Georgia) living in Albany. I’m surrounded by dogs, noles, and tigers/war eagles. Been following this board for a long time. Got out in ‘93 and still have the dream of “missing/class/finals etc” 25 years later. With the regime change I figured I’d jump in to offer my 2 cents on occasion. I loved the hiring of CPJ 11 years ago and I’m sad to see him retire. But life keeps moving on so changes are inevitable. Looking forward to discussing GT with all of you.

Welcome aboard. My Daughter got out 18 months ago and she has been complaining about the dreams as well. I had to tell her they never go away.

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
Hello,,, Old time Jacket here... Got out of Ma Tech in 1974... Got to see Rock Perdoni and Smiley Gebhart playing D for the Jackets! My freshman year, we beat GA, went 9-3, and won the Sun Bowl. I loved Paul Johnson, but i think we hit a homerun with Geoff Collins!!?