Introduce yourself

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Hello GTSwarm. I have finally been pulled into the blog world by my daughter (@jwsavhGT) because she decided I needed my own login to read this great blog. I have been a GT fan since I went to my first game in 1965 when Georgia Tech played Notre Dame in Atlanta. My little band of Georgia Tech fanatics are surrounded by UGA fans in Savannah & we were very glad to stick it to my extended dwag family with the Kick & the Pick. This is probably the most I will ever post because I really just like to read & don't like to type. (In fact, my daughter is typing this as I dictate it.)
Welcome young lady! Any friend of @jwsavhGT is a friend of mine. :cigar:

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I'll formally introduce myself.

I'm a '13 UGA Alum but have been a die hard Tech fan my whole life (they declined me outside of HS unfortunately and by the time I was transferring UGA had a better option for my major but also adding a year and a half to my college career.)

I'm a High School teacher in Metro Atlanta and I am a pretty intense Green Bay Packers fan. My fiancee is Tech class of '14 and we should be first time season ticket holders next year for fb. I post on a couple other Tech fan hubs as well same username and picture.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'll formally introduce myself.

I'm a '13 UGA Alum but have been a die hard Tech fan my whole life (they declined me outside of HS unfortunately and by the time I was transferring UGA had a better option for my major but also adding a year and a half to my college career.)

I'm a High School teacher in Metro Atlanta and I am a pretty intense Green Bay Packers fan. My fiancee is Tech class of '14 and we should be first time season ticket holders next year for fb. I post on a couple other Tech fan hubs as well same username and picture.
Welcome to the right side!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
With all that being said I obviously take issue when the trash talk turns to degrees from UGA not being worth anything... you know my livelihood and all that.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
With all that being said I obviously take issue when the trash talk turns to degrees from UGA not being worth anything... you know my livelihood and all that.

No worries. I'm sure you couldn't have become a high school teacher ...

Go Jackets! (y)

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Would like to say hello and thanks for having me.Die hard Tech fan all my life and i did not attend Tech so that makes me a rare Breed,lol married for 14 yrs,4 kids
It's not rare. Last stat I saw, it was 1 out of 3 GT fans didn't go to Tech. Glad to have you on board!

scubacat

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello everyone.

I'm Mike, CS 98, moved to the Chicago suburbs just over a year ago, and bought my first snowblower about 2 months ago. I started googling "Chicago Georgia Tech", joined the LinkedIn group, and next ended up here. It looks like a pretty nice group so I'm glad to have found this community. I'm currently reading threads here and elsewhere an am strategizing how to go about getting a ticket to the Notre Dame game next September and where to stay and all. (I'd like to spend a night there and explore the town and campus a bit.)

I can't believe how cold it is here, how much property tax I now pay, how sucky it is living without QT coffee, and that I graduated in the previous century, but nevertheless I'm really glad to be here.

Happy Friday, y'all!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Hello everyone.

I'm Mike, CS 98, moved to the Chicago suburbs just over a year ago, and bought my first snowblower about 2 months ago. I started googling "Chicago Georgia Tech", joined the LinkedIn group, and next ended up here. It looks like a pretty nice group so I'm glad to have found this community. I'm currently reading threads here and elsewhere an am strategizing how to go about getting a ticket to the Notre Dame game next September and where to stay and all. (I'd like to spend a night there and explore the town and campus a bit.)

I can't believe how cold it is here, how much property tax I now pay, how sucky it is living without QT coffee, and that I graduated in the previous century, but nevertheless I'm really glad to be here.

Happy Friday, y'all!
Welcome aboard!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Hello everyone.

Happy Friday, y'all!
What part of Chicagoland? North Shore here.

Animal02

Banned
Hello everyone.

Happy Friday, y'all!
There is not much to explore in South Bend. The town itself is rather small, the campus is about a 20 minute walk from the city center. In '97, we only found one bar open and there were 3 other people in it.
Getting tickets - Obviously stub hub or one of the other broker services if you do not want to wait.(saw some for around $150 recently) The visitors section is in the south end zone high up, the visitor band is typically in the south east corner low.
You can also wait for game day and buy tickets from scalpers.......The last two times Tech has played, I bought them immediately off the exit ramp from the interstate. Once tickets are sold through GTAA (and unless you are a donor you will not get any) you might find some on Atlanta area craigslist from people that have a change of plans.
There is a huge field on the north end of campus used for tailgating....I partied with lots of Tech people there in '07, including several players parents.....Calvin Johnson was even spotted walking around. There is also a lot of activities on campus run by students. The Tech Alumni Assoc. has also had a tailgate function in the past somewhere close to the stadium (usually something catered with beer/wine at around $75 / person)

As for hotels.....I have never stayed there.....it is my understanding that hotels close in book up early. The last two games I have just left at 4 am to get there at around 9 (coming from metro Detroit) They open the tailgate lot at about that time.....both games I have gone to have started at 2 pm Central time....since ND is not controlled by espn. DreesedCbeese has a brother that went to ND so he has a lot of inside knowledge of going to games there.

I will add once again, that the ND fans are great and gracious, the campus is beautiful and lots of tradition both before and during the game.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
just made my first post today. Been a luker for a while.
I am BIE class of 94. I am now an attorney in Atlanta. Married and live in Chamblee with 2 kids, 3 year old boy and 18 month old girl - future Yellow Jackets!

From Pittsburgh, and grew up a Steelers, Penguins and Pitt fan, so I follow 'Burgh sports pretty closely still.

THWG!

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I am BIE class of 94. I am now an attorney in Atlanta. Married and live in Chamblee with 2 kids, 3 year old boy and 18 month old girl - future Yellow Jackets!

From Pittsburgh, and grew up a Steelers, Penguins and Pitt fan, so I follow 'Burgh sports pretty closely still.

THWG!
LT,
welcome aboard
1 question- did the coach leaving help or hurt Pitt?

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
LT,
welcome aboard
1 question- did the coach leaving help or hurt Pitt?
I think the consensus is that coach Narduzzi is an upgrade and I agree. Chryst was basically a 6-6 coach but brought some stability to the program after the Todd graham debacle. Sort of if brian Gregory had left after 2 years. Chryst had no personality and would probably been their chan bailey record wise at best.

I

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the consensus is that coach Narduzzi is an upgrade and I agree. Chryst was basically a 6-6 coach but brought some stability to the program after the Todd graham debacle. Sort of if brian Gregory had left after 2 years. Chryst had no personality and would probably been their chan bailey record wise at best.

I can find a lot parallels between Pitt's issues and Techs issues and the schools in general

Mack

Helluva Engineer

THWG!
Glad to have you...enjoy yourself !