Introduce yourself

reubenjet

Jolly Good Fellow
I am Drew Davis
Hawkinsville, GA
BBA Mercer '90
Fan since witnessing Dewberry dismantle the dwags
My brother flunked out of Tech in 1985 and he is my only "connection" other than a few Hawkinsville alumni that played.
I have almost converted my wife of 22 years from dawgdom...it ain't been easy

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I am Drew Davis
Hawkinsville, GA
BBA Mercer '90
Fan since witnessing Dewberry dismantle the dwags
My brother flunked out of Tech in 1985 and he is my only "connection" other than a few Hawkinsville alumni that played.
I have almost converted my wife of 22 years from dawgdom...it ain't been easy

Was you brother Eric??? Lived in Towers Residence Hall? If so, small world!

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
The instructions say to introduce myself so here goes. I am actually a long time Missouri fan but have loved option football ever since the Oklahoma teams of the 70s. As long as Paul Johnson is your coach I will root for GT against anyone except Missouri. I signed up for the board to find out what the outlook was for next year.
Enemy of enemy is friend. Welcome friend!

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
LOL, I just found this part of the site after being on here as a member since 3/13. Day job keeps me busy but had some time today and decided to go look at other parts of the site besides football and basketball. Here is my intro:

Residence: Colorado Springs, CO. Been here for 23 years, before that Houston for 17 years. Before that GT.
Graduated: BME, 1975 after 5 1/2 years. I think that puts me as "mature" and not quite "old" according to Mack.
Family: Bride of 39 years, 3 boys. To my disappointment none went to Tech - all are mountain men (avid fly fishing, downhill skiing, backcountry skiing, kayaking, ice climbing, rock climbing, climbing 14'ers, hiking difficult trails while staying in the backcountry for days on end. You get the picture) They did not want to leave the Rockies. I think my wife and I did a good job with them :D
Extended Family: one brother that is a Dawg grad; another brother that is an avid Clemson fan (married into the fanhood), a sister-in-law and brother-in-law that are Dawg grads; and two brother-in-laws that are GT grads. Makes things interesting;)
Occupation: Leadership training, and die hard fan of all things GT!
First GT FB player big fan of: Rock Perdoni (I started in 69 and he had a ten-tackle performance in which his pass rush contributed to four interceptions in the Yellow Jackets' 6–0 upset of the Dawgs in '69 - first big win I got to witness)
Huge fan of other FB players over the years: Luuucious, Randy Rhino, Ken Swilling, Ted Roof, Marco Colman (from my hometown of Dayton, Ohio), Joe Hamilton, Eddie Lee, Shaun, Morgan, Dwyer, Calvin and BeyBey (doing great things for our Broncos)
Some great GT moments for me: I was president of the Alumni Association in Houston. Got to dine with Bobby Cremins twice and Bobby Dodd and his wife twice. Cost of dinners $200; memories of the conversations - priceless. I would have given either of these two men my sons and told them to mold them.
Interesting fact: My current boss was the Admiral that hired PJ at the Naval Academy. When we got him he told me, if your fans don't run him off too soon he will build an impeccable program that will win. So far I think my boss was right on the money. From what I have seen, PJ is doing it right. And, would be another coach I would give my son to to mold.

I am not an X's and O's guy, so I cannot contribute like so many of you here on the site can. I do appreciate the X's and O's and the more that I have learned here the more that I understand the beauty of the flex bone (and I do find it exciting to watch - it has been explosive). So thank you Eric, John, Boomer for creating such a strong, informative community. You are doing it the right way too. And a special thanks to Boomer for your post game analysis, Longestday for your incredible film breakdown (learned a lot here), Cheese and Nuke for all your insights and Eric for all of your current info on our recruits. Simply the best!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Yes. That is my brother...very small world! I spent one night at Tech Towers and had a blast!

Was "RA" down the hall in 82-84 and Asst Hall Dir 84-85. Probably didn't help him keep his grades up. Visited the Third Tunnel Pub too often...

Check your inbox.

reubenjet

Jolly Good Fellow
He is far right in pic. This was 3 years ago

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-02-22-08-43.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-02-22-08-43.png
    244 KB · Views: 34

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
LOL, I just found this part of the site after being on here as a member since 3/13. Day job keeps me busy but had some time today and decided to go look at other parts of the site besides football and basketball. Here is my intro:

Residence: Colorado Springs, CO. Been here for 23 years, before that Houston for 17 years. Before that GT.
Graduated: BME, 1975 after 5 1/2 years. I think that puts me as "mature" and not quite "old" according to Mack.
Family: Bride of 39 years, 3 boys. To my disappointment none went to Tech - all are mountain men (avid fly fishing, downhill skiing, backcountry skiing, kayaking, ice climbing, rock climbing, climbing 14'ers, hiking difficult trails while staying in the backcountry for days on end. You get the picture) They did not want to leave the Rockies. I think my wife and I did a good job with them :D
Extended Family: one brother that is a Dawg grad; another brother that is an avid Clemson fan (married into the fanhood), a sister-in-law and brother-in-law that are Dawg grads; and two brother-in-laws that are GT grads. Makes things interesting;)
Occupation: Leadership training, and die hard fan of all things GT!
First GT FB player big fan of: Rock Perdoni (I started in 69 and he had a ten-tackle performance in which his pass rush contributed to four interceptions in the Yellow Jackets' 6–0 upset of the Dawgs in '69 - first big win I got to witness)
Huge fan of other FB players over the years: Luuucious, Randy Rhino, Ken Swilling, Ted Roof, Marco Colman (from my hometown of Dayton, Ohio), Joe Hamilton, Eddie Lee, Shaun, Morgan, Dwyer, Calvin and BeyBey (doing great things for our Broncos)
Some great GT moments for me: I was president of the Alumni Association in Houston. Got to dine with Bobby Cremins twice and Bobby Dodd and his wife twice. Cost of dinners $200; memories of the conversations - priceless. I would have given either of these two men my sons and told them to mold them.
Interesting fact: My current boss was the Admiral that hired PJ at the Naval Academy. When we got him he told me, if your fans don't run him off too soon he will build an impeccable program that will win. So far I think my boss was right on the money. From what I have seen, PJ is doing it right. And, would be another coach I would give my son to to mold.

I am not an X's and O's guy, so I cannot contribute like so many of you here on the site can. I do appreciate the X's and O's and the more that I have learned here the more that I understand the beauty of the flex bone (and I do find it exciting to watch - it has been explosive). So thank you Eric, John, Boomer for creating such a strong, informative community. You are doing it the right way too. And a special thanks to Boomer for your post game analysis, Longestday for your incredible film breakdown (learned a lot here), Cheese and Nuke for all your insights and Eric for all of your current info on our recruits. Simply the best!

CO - As far as testimonials to GT and things around GT you graduate with honors. That is an impressive post.

And yeah, doing it the right way is the only way. Integrity does matter. Johnson is the fit for Georgia Tech.

And yeah! Perdoni! You get one of those about every generation.

ballground jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Howdy

I am Steve and my wife and I are sidewalk fans. I have been a fan as long as I can remember. My granddad told me a story about him meeting Bobby Dodd when he came to a his high school and talked to his football team so I have him and Dodd to thank.

I use to work as a qual lab member of a firearm training company but found out I was sick. In 2010 I had a liver transplant (so no whisky for me sadly) and complications since has kept me out of the work force. The plus side is I can follow more Tech sports.

Any way Howdy and please excuse any grammar issues in any of my post as I was a music major in college at least that is my excuse.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
CO - As far as testimonials to GT and things around GT you graduate with honors. That is an impressive post.

And yeah, doing it the right way is the only way. Integrity does matter. Johnson is the fit for Georgia Tech.

And yeah! Perdoni! You get one of those about every generation.
thanks cballfan. My family would tell you that I do bleed the White and Gold. Proud to be a Jacket! THWG

SavhGTMom

Yellow Jacket Angel
Hello GTSwarm. I have finally been pulled into the blog world by my daughter (@jwsavhGT) because she decided I needed my own login to read this great blog. I have been a GT fan since I went to my first game in 1965 when Georgia Tech played Notre Dame in Atlanta. My little band of Georgia Tech fanatics are surrounded by UGA fans in Savannah & we were very glad to stick it to my extended dwag family with the Kick & the Pick. This is probably the most I will ever post because I really just like to read & don't like to type. (In fact, my daughter is typing this as I dictate it.)

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hello GTSwarm. I have finally been pulled into the blog world by my daughter (@jwsavhGT) because she decided I needed my own login to read this great blog. I have been a GT fan since I went to my first game in 1965 when Georgia Tech played Notre Dame in Atlanta. My little band of Georgia Tech fanatics are surrounded by UGA fans in Savannah & we were very glad to stick it to my extended dwag family with the Kick & the Pick. This is probably the most I will ever post because I really just like to read & don't like to type. (In fact, my daughter is typing this as I dictate it.)
:cat: