In all seriousness if we lose next week how bad will it get?

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer

nineGT

Georgia Tech Fan
We're winning by 20+ this Saturday. Book it. The offense is too powerful to let Geoff Collins lose us this game.
The powerful offense that struggled to put up 21 on a team that gave up 30+ in EVERY game last year on their way to going 0-6 in the f/($&!$! MAC?

nineGT

Georgia Tech Fan
We're winning by 20+ this Saturday. Book it. The offense is too powerful to let Geoff Collins lose us this game.
3339F1AB-E9C7-4FBD-B2B9-E189C59FC0DB.png

Sure wish we could hang with those “great” offenses. Stfu.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I shot my last 2-1/2 boxes of shells in the morning. Spent the afternoon trying to find some more and was not successful. My buddy loaned me his Beretta 20 ga. semiauto and some shells for the afternoon hunt. That is a great little gun. Never had a 20 ga. nor ever shot a semiauto before but may have to pick one up soon. It's not just less recoil but a much lighter weight overall.
Yep. 20 ga are nice. Let me know and I could try to send you some of my 16Ga

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I was one of the crew skeptical of what last Saturday would look like. I know the opponent was bad but it was one of the best offensive outputs we've had in 2 years. Moving the ball has not been easy through the air or on the ground for the first 2 seasons - we pretty much dominated on the offensive side of the ball on Saturday and that's where my thrashing prediction of KSU comes from. Only having 21 points to show for our rushing average and passing efficiency is actually pretty sad because Yates/Gibbs/Mason/OL deserved far more than what Geoff let them have.
I thought the same issue existed frequently last year as well. We were able to more the ball, but just couldn't get points.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I don't have a lot of Gt merchandise but I live in a neighborhood full of SEC alums. All of them rock the swag of their respective teams. Including the house flags. All of those teams. Banners waving proudly and lapping in the breeze each and every Saturday. So I decided I was going to jump in the game. Ordered a 3' x 5' GT flag off of Amazon. Surprisingly in the right shade of gold. Was supposed to arrive Friday so I could have it flapping proudly in the breeze all day Saturday. The plan was to hang it out before deaprting for the dove field at 5 AM.

But the merciful Lord Jesus saw to it that it came late...as alll shipments now do these days. I did not get to hang it for gameday!!!!! So instead of my neighbors asking me how in the heck GT lost to NIu they simply asked how many doves I shot. I said I was an effort based, elite dove shooter. They didn't know what that meant so we went to one guy's house and grilled steaks and drank bourbon. I hope that flag shows up again in the next year we beat Uga. If it shows up in the next 3 - 11 weeks am going to see that as an omen and bet my entire life savings on the upset aginst the Dwags this year. Go Jackets !!!! and anyone know where I can get some 16 gauge #8 shells???
Unfortunately for me, I got a nice big GT flag and was one of the first things I put up when my wife and I bought our first house. It waves proudly outside no matter how bad the team is... Unfortunately.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Been thinking about Kennesaw State some more. Their first game was a 10 point victory over an NAIA school that was just a two year college not that long ago.

Kennesaw’s key running back appears to be the QB. Their overall athletic skill is not even at HBCU levels.

In other words, this is the cream puff of all cream puffs on a Tech football schedule, excluding Cumberland.

If we don’t score over 50 points on then something is dreadfully wrong. If we lose, which I can’t imagine, we either need to fire the coach or get out of football altogether.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Been thinking about Kennesaw State some more. Their first game was a 10 point victory over an NAIA school that was just a two year college not that long ago.

Kennesaw’s key running back appears to be the QB. Their overall athletic skill is not even at HBCU levels.

In other words, this is the cream puff of all cream puffs on a Tech football schedule, excluding Cumberland.

If we don’t score over 50 points on then something is dreadfully wrong. If we lose, which I can’t imagine, we either need to fire the coach or get out of football altogether.
One advantage we will have in this game over the NIU game on defense is that KSU is unlikely to change the formation frequently. That should help the GT defense from having to rush players on/off at the last second. It should also help with getting the defensive play in to the defense in a reasonable amount of time before the snap. Hopefully we will get to see hour our defense fares against KSU's offense instead of seeing our defense confused about who is supposed to cover what responsibility.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Just watched his live presser. I caught the last five mins of it and we are fooook’d. Someone asked basically if Sims would bounce back or need a talking to for this weekend. This man have ANOTHER hot air answer by saying “I thought Jeff had payed a great game. I think he had 2 explosive runs.” He either refuses to acknowledge truth or is blind to it. We are doomed.
And then go too it off, the last question was what would he say to the fans that are obviously unhappy about last weekend.

HE ASKED WHAT THE QUESTION WAS AGAIN AND SEEMED AGITATED. THE QUESTION WAS REPEATED AND HE SMIRKED FOR 10-15 SECONDS, MILDLY THREW HIS HANDS UP AND SAID “we learned a lot of lessons this past weekend. We will apply them and move forward.”

my 5 year old son has more back bone than this man. Get him out of here A-FREAKING-SAP!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Yates got his chance last Saturday and should be the starter until he either fails to get the job done on the field and Sims wins the job back. I am afraid P-node has hitched his wagon to Sims and will play him to save face. He obviously gave him an entire year last season regardless of performance. Sims did play much better toward the end of last year but for whatever reason was off his game Saturday. Maybe too much pressure to perform with all the preseason hype. he is still young and may be a year or two away from being All Conference.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
. I am afraid P-node has hitched his wagon to Sims and will play him to save face. He obviously gave him an entire year last season regardless of performance. Sims did play much better toward the end of last year but for whatever reason was off his game Saturday. Maybe too much pressure to perform with all the preseason hype. he is still young and may be a year or two away from being All Conference.
If he plays Sims I honestly do not believe it will be for the reason you stated. I am giving these guys credit that they are smart enough to believe they understand the bigger picture. They need to start notching some W's and they need to play the best available guy. Even if that guy is a walk on or TR FR or whatever. Not to save face. That is doubling down.