In all seriousness if we lose next week how bad will it get?

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Just watched his live presser. I caught the last five mins of it and we are fooook’d. Someone asked basically if Sims would bounce back or need a talking to for this weekend. This man have ANOTHER hot air answer by saying “I thought Jeff had payed a great game. I think he had 2 explosive runs.” He either refuses to acknowledge truth or is blind to it. We are doomed.
And then go too it off, the last question was what would he say to the fans that are obviously unhappy about last weekend.

HE ASKED WHAT THE QUESTION WAS AGAIN AND SEEMED AGITATED. THE QUESTION WAS REPEATED AND HE SMIRKED FOR 10-15 SECONDS, MILDLY THREW HIS HANDS UP AND SAID “we learned a lot of lessons this past weekend. We will apply them and move forward.”

my 5 year old son has more back bone than this man. Get him out of here A-FREAKING-SAP!
This is really no different than what CPJ would do, he basically would angry and rude at reporters for these kind of questions.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Oh if you don’t think Clemson wants to top last year you don’t know Dabo
I don't know about that -- he surely plays his full squad starting early and it is our job to stop them -- but if Collins thinks his offense is having problems he doesn't want to get on the field with the Clemson defense. They were every bit as good as the Georgia defense Saturday and had two starters out. We mikght get tackled in the huddle.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
This is really no different than what CPJ would do, he basically would angry and rude at reporters for these kind of questions.
Not worried about him, he’s gone. But there’s a big problem still in the head coaching seat for my favorite team.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I don't think so. With regards to Sims, he would probably say that he did some things good and had some good runs, but that he has to be able to connect to wide open receivers. He wouldn't say that everything is perfect.

With respect to angry fans, he would probably say that he would understands being pissed, and that the coaches should have never let that game be lost. He would have at least made it sound as if they are changing things and working on it.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I have watched both coaches giving press conferences. Frankly I would have gotten rude at some of the stupid questions that CPJ was asked. Kind of like the way Nick Saban snarls and barks.

But the questions asked about Saturday’s game were reasonable and courteous in my opinion.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
We win by 5 TD’s. Book it
I tend to agree with you. The players have been embarrassed and rightfully so. They will come out with their hair on fire and poor Kennesaw will pay the price. The question is how will they respond to this challenge down the road? Do they have it in them to work to get better and beat either UNC or Pitt or both? It could happen but it is more likely that we lose both. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I have watched both coaches giving press conferences. Frankly I would have gotten rude at some of the stupid questions that CPJ was asked. Kind of like the way Nick Saban snarls and barks.

But the questions asked about Saturday’s game were reasonable and courteous in my opinion.
They felt sorry and embarrassed for him I would imagine. Geoff had his head down and looked really defeated. In his shoes, I would have blistered the paint off those walls and probably told Thacker to be good next week or be gone. But then I am not an optimist like Geoff is and cannot relate to some of these people who will not take responsibility for their actions.

Scubapro

Banned
I tend to agree with you. The players have been embarrassed and rightfully so. They will come out with their hair on fire and poor Kennesaw will pay the price. The question is how will they respond to this challenge down the road? Do they have it in them to work to get better and beat either UNC or Pitt or both? It could happen but it is more likely that we lose both. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
IDK...does anyone remember how we reacted after the "Cuse or Citadel loss?
Just kidding...we still looked like garbage...I dont expect anything else from this staff from now til the end of the season.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I mean there was that one time where we got blown out (by UGA I believe?) and was asked about the fans and he said “if I was them I’d want me fired too after this game”.
Shoot. When John McKay made the mistake of leaving a soft gig at USC and stomping the living daylights out of Oregon State and the like to take on the challenge of coaching the Tampa Bay Bucs in their expansion year, he was asked in a postgame interview about his team's "execution". Being the smart aleck wisenheimer that he was, he said he "was for it".

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
For the record, I don’t think we will lose to KSU. But if that happens CGC’s seat will be blisteringly hot. Even if there is no real danger for him because GTAAs hands are tied financially there would be a s***storm of criticism that would grow exponentially with every subsequent loss.

in light of the other poll, about what it would take to regain faith, if I had to chose what would make me lose faith in this coach forever, losing to KSU would definitely do that. I am sure there are plenty of others that would as well.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I thought the same issue existed frequently last year as well. We were able to more the ball, but just couldn't get points.
Over 400 yards last week and two running backs that came within a few yards of both of them going over 100. We outgained them by well over 100 yards and first downs were similarly one sided as we had 25 to their 15 I believe. A lot of real estate but for only three touchdowns. A pity.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about that -- he surely plays his full squad starting early and it is our job to stop them -- but if Collins thinks his offense is having problems he doesn't want to get on the field with the Clemson defense. They were every bit as good as the Georgia defense Saturday and had two starters out. We mikght get tackled in the huddle.
That is true. Clemson's defense is every bit as good as UGA but they are not hanging 70 on us or anyone else this year. Their line is pretty ordinary and I was not impressed with the quarterback. Maybe they should try the punter again.