Improving fan experience

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of which, does anybody know why we give away fans such prime seats? It's the worst when an opposing defense comes out with momentum and starts a big series next to their fan's corner. Definite competitive disadvantage.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Put the visiting band in the upper north stands and mic our band
I have always wondered why we put the visiting band where we do. They are close enough to the field that they could be loud enough to impact the action if we are on offense at that end. I went to the Virginia Tech and North Carolina games this year, and in both cases, our band was stuck in the upper deck at the very end on the sidelines. Why do we seem to give preferential treatment to visiting fans and bands when we aren’t given the same courtesy.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Bands are not allowed to play leading up to the play. They can't disrupt the offense.
That’s the rule, but there have been numerous times over the years where the band has been playing while we were at the line of scrimmage trying to call an audible (especially with u(sic)ga’s band), and I’ve never seen anything called or a warning given. Granted, they stop playing before the snap, but only a few seconds before.

However, I wasn’t referring to specifically as the play starts. There are situations where the band playing and the other teams fans (who are getting seats up close instead of far-removed seats GT gets at some stadiums) are yelling loud enough that it’s been hard for the team to hear the call in the huddle. In reference to the OP, all I’m saying is we should save the down-low seats for GT fans and stick the visitors in the upper decks, and in the corners at that.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Oh don't know if people have mentioned this - BDS/GT Athletics ABSOLUTELY must move to the "fan friendly pricing" scheme that State Farm Arena and Mercedes-Benz Stadium have. I currently average $0 on concessions over the course of a football and basketball season. I would be buying at least a hot dog and soda a game if they were each $2 and then GT would be making a lot more off me than they are now. It also helps convince the casual fan decide to spend their fun budget on tickets to the game because it's a more affordable experience overall.

Edit: Although it sounds like those who use the concessions, the process isn't streamlined enough to handle the volume of orders that would bring.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Edit: Although it sounds like those who use the concessions, the process isn't streamlined enough to handle the volume of orders that would bring.
The people running the concessions are various groups raising money for their organizations. While that’s nice for them, it often leads to extremely slow and annoying experiences for the fans. You’ll sometimes be in line behind a single customer for several minutes while they figure out how to ring up a hotdog. Also, the pricing and food quality varies wildly from stand to stand.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
If you look at the new season ticket chart, it appears the entire lower bowl, aside from the student sections, is available for season tickets. I doubt they would have GT ST holders smack dab in the middle of the visiting band. Hope it holds for the season.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
If you look at the new season ticket chart, it appears the entire lower bowl, aside from the student sections, is available for season tickets. I doubt they would have GT ST holders smack dab in the middle of the visiting band. Hope it holds for the season.
Before I became a full season ticket holder, I bought a 3-pack where the location of my tickets varied by game. The seats varied, but every game I was in the middle of the other team’s fans. I hope GT doesn’t follow that model anymore

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
That’s the rule, but there have been numerous times over the years where the band has been playing while we were at the line of scrimmage trying to call an audible (especially with u(sic)ga’s band), and I’ve never seen anything called or a warning given. Granted, they stop playing before the snap, but only a few seconds before.

However, I wasn’t referring to specifically as the play starts. There are situations where the band playing and the other teams fans (who are getting seats up close instead of far-removed seats GT gets at some stadiums) are yelling loud enough that it’s been hard for the team to hear the call in the huddle. In reference to the OP, all I’m saying is we should save the down-low seats for GT fans and stick the visitors in the upper decks, and in the corners at that.
Agree 100% that the dwag band is the biggest culprit of this. Home games against them over the past couple decades have been hard enough on the nerves. I don’t need their dumb band playing until our qb is under center (or in the shotgun now) any longer. I’m usually pissed off enough without that.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
For me, I’ve always loved the echoing sound of the yellow.......jackets cheer from one side of the stadium to the other. It has always worked best when the Jumbotron has one of our current fan favorite players lead us into it. I think we should get bay bay, Nesbitt or Calvin to put one together for us, and time it where we can chant it for a couple minutes starting at a timeout. No music or band involved, just the haunting sound of YELLOW..............JACKETS!!!! In the middle of downtown Atlanta. That’s always been my favorite, and we’ve done it poorly over the past few years.

Also, the intro to us coming onto the field should have more buildup. We should keep playing clips of iconic plays, and show the team walking through the tunnel. But we need more than just the pa announcer saying heeeere come the jackets! Play some music that gets everyone fired up after the game clips and have it culminate into the players running out. I’m sure the guys would love running out into a rowdier atmosphere than what we have been giving them.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of which, does anybody know why we give away fans such prime seats? It's the worst when an opposing defense comes out with momentum and starts a big series next to their fan's corner. Definite competitive disadvantage.

Seats given per contract agreement. We are given equally good seats at their place.

Now having so many more of their fans at our place vs our fans at their place is a different issue.