Improving fan experience

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure if I even like this idea and I don't think it would work this year since we open at Clemson, but Dragon Con is normally held in early September in downtown Atlanta. Get those guys involved on the Tech campus, during the game and at half-time. Give them them the south end zone for free as long as they were in costume. Win-win for both events.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure if I even like this idea and I don't think it would work this year since we open at Clemson, but Dragon Con is normally held in early September in downtown Atlanta. Get those guys involved on the Tech campus, during the game and at half-time. Give them them the south end zone for free as long as they were in costume. Win-win for both events.

I'm about as geeky as they come and I go to DragonCon and I don't think this idea would work. Mostly because folks who come down for DragonCon are usually spending a lot of money to be there and won't take away several hours to be at a football game. It's also usually pretty hot and being in costume would be pretty awful both for the ones wearing the costumes and those around them (they'd probably start to smell pretty bad... hah hah... remember I'm mocking myself as well, here). But I like that you're thinking out of the box!! Of course you might get some to come over but probably not in numbers that would make a difference.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I am pro remove Peters. At the moment I think 5th St Bridge is a special place to tailgate. Peters tailgating would be next level.
Like most open parking areas on any campus it wouldn't take long before they would put up a building on it.

I'm about as geeky as they come and I go to DragonCon and I don't think this idea would work. Mostly because folks who come down for DragonCon are usually spending a lot of money to be there and won't take away several hours to be at a football game. It's also usually pretty hot and being in costume would be pretty awful both for the ones wearing the costumes and those around them (they'd probably start to smell pretty bad... hah hah... remember I'm mocking myself as well, here). But I like that you're thinking out of the box!! Of course you might get some to come over but probably not in numbers that would make a difference.
I have thought for several years, that since they are in Atlanta filming during the Fall, it would be great to have a "Walking Dead Weekend," hopefully with some members of the cast as guests at the game. Of course, if we lost the game, we would probably never live it down. But it could still be a fun experience and get some PR too.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
True. It was donated by Mr. Peters and required to be a "green space." They are getting around it right now by putting tennis courts and basketball courts on the top.
We should absolutely be discouraging car usage at Georgia Tech. Between MARTA rail, buses/trolleys, scooters, bicycle infrastructure, and other forms of sustainable transit, getting around Atlanta (to a degree) without a car is not an enormous challenge.

I'm sure some Masters and PhD's in the School of City and Regional Planning would have a thing or 2 to say about the abundance of parking lots at Georgia Tech.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Players that make ATL get song / hype clips that play when they do something big. Like a baseball walkout song but for special times. Put a DJ and emcee in the sportsbar area built where the mistake stands are now.

A Swarm of #GoldBlooded Drones for giveaways.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Make it a night game?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Make it a night game?

That would help with the temperature but keep in mind that most people who have come for DragonCon have spent and are spending a lot of money to be there. I don’t think many folks who are not already GT fans would take the time away.

On the other hand the folks who come down for the parade on Saturday morning might be interested. It’s one of the few things at DC that you can see without paying for a membership and that locals may come to see and it’s over around 11:30-noon. So that might be a good target to go after.

Keep up the creative thinking! I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk